Having a multi O meltdown

Hello has anyone got a multi O 1 year visa based on marriage recently I have been to Chiang Mai immigration twice and received massively conflicting information . For the last 5 years I get on a train to Cardiff have a pre filled out form from the year before pay £125 out in 10 mins easy .

As there have been changes recently I thought I would do some early enquiring only to be totally baffled. My current visa needs a Mae Sai visit on or just before the 25/06/17 my visa 1 year runs out on the 05/10/17 I leave Thailand on the 20/09/17 my return date will be aprox 01/11/17 so far no problem until I go to a hot and sweaty CM immigration and get told I cant after half an hour with a hyper 3 year old I was lost and losing the will to live .

So based on my dates 25/06-20/09 when how do I get the same visa for another year and how long will it take ,cost and what documents are required  thanks... 

Not sure what you were trying to do at Chiang Mai immigration. You cannot apply for a multiple entry non-o visa there. You can only apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration.

There have been no changes. You can still leave and re-enter the country to get a new 90 day entry as long as you do it on or before the enter before date on your non-o visa.

If you want a new non-o visa you can get one at the consulate in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

FYI if you want to apply for new visa in the UK you will have to apply at the embassy in London. The consulates in the UK can no longer issue them.

And this is where my confusion starts I called Cardiff a couple of weeks ago they advised I could only get max 90 days from them then when I arrived in Thailand go to immigration and apply for a 1 year visa as I am already here with more than 3 months remaining on my current visa was why I was at Promenade CM financial proof not an issue  just need a 1 year multi entry as I have unpredictable UK commitments .

1 minute ago, sammieuk1 said:

And this is where my confusion starts I called Cardiff a couple of weeks ago they advised I could only get max 90 days from them then when I arrived in Thailand go to immigration and apply for a 1 year visa as I am already here with more than 3 months remaining on my current visa was why I was at Promenade CM financial proof not an issue  just need a 1 year multi entry as I have unpredictable UK commitments .

You can apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration (it is not a visa) during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your visa. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. After getting the extension you can apply for a multiple re-entry permit for a fee of 3800 baht that will be valid for the length of the extension.

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration (it is not a visa) during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your visa. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income. After getting the extension you can apply for a multiple re-entry permit for a fee of 3800 baht that will be valid for the length of the extension.

Thanks some clarity emerging

exactly as ubonjoe has pointed out but if that becomes hassle then cheapest fix is multi entry O from savanakhet consulate which easy to wrap up in under 2 days . either way do your homework well and understand the system process and required forms as makes process smoother ecspecially if dealing with thai immigration as things get a muddle quickly and if you clueless on procedure you won't be able deduce a logical conclusive way forward  .