Jomtien drive-through postal service

KittenKong

Don't think I've seen this mentioned anywhere.

The Post Office on Sukumvit in Jomtien (called the Chaiya Preuk office but actually several hundred yards away from that intersection) has a drive-through facility. The drive-though part is open Mon-Fri 9-5 and is well signposted.

No queuing, no tickets. Very convenient for anyone in a car especially those with children or the disabled or the elderly or, like me, the plain lazy. It certainly beats the frequent queues in Pattaya and Jomtien Post Offices.

I've noticed it but assumed it was for some specific postal service. Can you just buy stamps for your Christmas cards driving through, or do they only provide certain things that way?

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

I've noticed it but assumed it was for some specific postal service. Can you just buy stamps for your Christmas cards driving through, or do they only provide certain things that way?

I just sent a letter to the UK. Handed over the letter, was asked if I wanted regular or special delivery, paid, got a receipt, left. Very quick, very convenient.

I would imagine that they can do any standard postal service. Stamps, regular mail, recorded etc. Anything that doesn't take a long time.  For example, sending parcels may not be possible at that desk as you have to give ID etc. which could hold up traffic behind you, but it's worth asking.
I doubt that they do money orders either for the same reason, but I may be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

Nice info. Now all I've got to do is buy a car or motorcycle....

I'm sure that you will still be able to use it on foot if you make the appropriate vrooom... vrooom  sounds as you go past.

On 2017-6-7 at 6:19 PM, KittenKong said:

I just sent a letter to the UK. Handed over the letter, was asked if I wanted regular or special delivery, paid, got a receipt, left. Very quick, very convenient.

I would imagine that they can do any standard postal service. Stamps, regular mail, recorded etc. Anything that doesn't take a long time.  For example, sending parcels may not be possible at that desk as you have to give ID etc. which could hold up traffic behind you, but it's worth asking.
I doubt that they do money orders either for the same reason, but I may be wrong.

Doubt you will be able to pick up 'poste restante' etc -

Archived