Foreign debit card used online not me, i KNOW who

ineedyou

It was 2 months ago. Well i as checking my bank account overseas. And found out one transaction has been made through online payment compnay called omise or something. So i called my bank to suspend my card and report as fraud. And i was calling and emailing with that omise who was the marchant and i contacted to the marchant and he send me a photo of my friend said "this one maid order and canceled". Well he canceled after he saw my fb post about the fraud. And when i contact him he said sorry all over again. I wanna know what is the consequence of the fraud attmept? Or actual fraud. 

He got my card number and details from my wallet while i went to toilet from my home. 

Want to know the punishment by the law of Thailand.  

Thank you bnn

How did the merchant have a photo of your friend ? Does not make sense.

Most merchants, not only in Thailand, have CCTV over the points of sale in order to prevent or identify theft and / or fraud. Those cameras can also be used to identify buyers, if you have the transaction date and time, normally up to 90 days back

Sent from my HTC 10 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

39 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Most merchants, not only in Thailand, have CCTV over the points of sale in order to prevent or identify theft and / or fraud. Those cameras can also be used to identify buyers, if you have the transaction date and time, normally up to 90 days back

The OP said online payment.

6 hours ago, ineedyou said:

Want to know the punishment by the law of Thailand.  

As the payment was cancelled Thais will see no crime in this. Even if the payment had gone through and the thief had later refunded the money they would still see no crime. Thais believe in the principle of "all's well that ends well" which is why so many crimes are never reported. So you can make a police report if you like but nothing will come of it apart from your friend possibly wanting to get even with you for making him lose face.

Dump your friend who is just one more thief and learn never to trust anyone here.

1 hour ago, Swiss1960 said:

Sent from my HTC 10 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It would be almost unbelievable for someone to call a merchant and ask to see their CCTV videos of a particular transaction.It would be more absurd to think that a merchant would willingly offer to send the info to someone without a police/court order.

2 hours ago, Gracas said:

Take the evidence you have collected and make a police report, sooner the better.

This person is your friend ?

Time to start looking for a new friend and don't leave your wallet out.

I think he means " was a friend".

2 hours ago, Gracas said:

Take the evidence you have collected and make a police report, sooner the better.

This person is your friend ?

Time to start looking for a new friend and don't leave your wallet out.

Evidence is a photo of a online payer, they will have a laugh.

So, you leave your wallet out in the open in your room while you entertain dodgy friends at home?  Not a good way to operate. Invest in a small safe, or at least lock your wallet in a drawer as soon as you return home. 

Sorry nothing adds up about this post "on line payment" photo of friend for on line payment". Merchant breaking confidentiality without a court order.

You leave your wallet out on table whilst going to the loo.

I smell a troll.

But on the plus side @KittenKongmanaged to get her daily "dont trust anyone here" line in again.

Edited by jeab1980

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

So, you leave your wallet out in the open in your room while you entertain dodgy friends at home?  Not a good way to operate. Invest in a small safe, or at least lock your wallet in a drawer as soon as you return home. 

Good job your friend wasn't a Pattaya ladyboy!

This is extremely serious fraud in Thailand. The local monk can visit and teach your wife the error of her ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it was my friend or as i thought as a friend.
Not married. Im at my 20s only
Haha

Well i havent made clear. He used he's facebook account to buy some product from facebook merchant. Thats why i have i chatted with merchant through fb messenger. Yes have transaction recorded on my account and statement. I want to use against him to get my money back from him. Reason why i want to know if i report to police. Police will do something or not.

4 hours ago, ineedyou said:

Well i havent made clear. He used he's facebook account to buy some product from facebook merchant. Thats why i have i chatted with merchant through fb messenger. Yes have transaction recorded on my account and statement. I want to use against him to get my money back from him. Reason why i want to know if i report to police. Police will do something or not.

Now your tripping yourself up you said and i quote

"this one maid order and canceled". Well he canceled after he saw my fb post about the fraud."

So what money are you trying to claim back from him?.

Can you post fb sellers name so i can avoid him giving out imformation and pictures is against tbe law.

You have to be careful when you start a story to stick with the same facts trips you up every time

Still smell a troll

"this one maid order and canceled". Well he canceled after he saw my fb post about the fraud."
Can you post fb sellers name so i can avoid him giving out imformation and pictures is against tbe law.
You have to be careful when you start a story to stick with the same facts trips you up every time
Still smell a troll

Perhaps he want a refund for the original meeting...

11 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Maybe his maid was involved and he will claim back from her then fire her. :smile:

On 6/10/2017 at 6:37 AM, KittenKong said:

The OP said online payment.

But he also said the "merchant" provided him with photo.

Anyway, it amounts to an "insider job" since the perpetrator was a "friend " and had access to your wallet inside your own home.  Insider thefts & frauds & intrusions are the most difficult to prevent and sometimes later to prosecute because they involve individuals you've "trusted" in some way to some significant degree.  You need to take a valuable lesson from this, and it's NOT how to go about getting the law involved.  BE more careful!

Edited by hawker9000