"My Mate Nate" under investigation - police want to know is he working legally and paying taxes

rooster59

15 minutes ago, impulse said:

On a blog space where 2 of the biggest complaints are bars closing before 2:00 AM and hookers getting older, surly and more expensive.

I'm not a fan, but this guy is a breath of fresh air.

Admit it. The baby face got you. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

He does AND he is American. Australian people say "mate"

(We don't?  Wow, that is news to me mate.  Born in Boston ... just happen to work in a company that is 90% Brit.)

Anyhow.  I think Nate is a moron, but either deport him if he doesn't have a Thai passport or arrest him for animal cruelty and lets move on.  I hate to generalize, but have seen Thais do a lot worst to animals (cock fighting comes to mind) ... this idiot just happened to post on youtube.com which makes him a publicity seeking idiot. 

4 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

It really does not matter.

If he is making money from his on-line activities and dos NOT have a work permit, then Technically he is still in violation of Thai labor law.

Simply, because previously the Thai authorities have chosen not to charge him with violating  the labor law by not enforcing the Thai labor law, probably because the simply don't have the resources and people to check each person who is on-line, that does not change the fact that he is in violation of the law.

He is not violating the Thai labour law! He gets is income from a company outside Thailand, nothing to do with Thai labour law.

Only if he would generate his income from a company in Thailand, then he would may be fall under the law. Otherwise anybody who get rental income while in thailand or license tantiems would breaking the law also.

120,000 people signed the petition then went to a chicken fight. ;-)

On a serious note, looking through his video shows he works with a group of Thais. I wonder if the team will be equally on the hook.

5 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

"Thailand has strict animal cruelty laws and he could be jailed or heavily fined."

Shame the laws are not applied to attractions owned by influential people that abuse animals for profit, drug tigers, make orangutans fight boxing matches etc. (Tiger Temple, Safari World Bangkok etc.)

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. And Thailand you are not without sin.

Nate made 2 mistakes:

1. He used a cat. Everyone loves cats, they're so cute. Big mistake, even though cats are tough little creatures.

2. He's a farang. Thais get away with much worse than this on a daily basis, as you already mentioned. They abuse elephants, tigers, dogs, monkeys, orangutans, crocs, snakes, chickens, fish, and even have fighting insects. 

This Nate story has gathered more attention and fury than most child abuse stories.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

It's really going to chap some butts if everyone finds out he's on a 20 year Elite Visa, paid for by his YouTube revenue.

With 3 million subscribers plus everything else he has going on, he can afford it no problem. 

2 hours ago, Displaynameinusebyanotherm said:

Or even better: he turns out to be a thai national able to own land. 555. 

Didn't he recently buy a new house in Bangkok? I recall seeing it in one of his videos. 

Just now, roo860 said:

"Outing kinds of situations" ! Bloody hell, that's a new one! Where I come from it's admitting you're gay.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'll concede that is the primary use of the phrase. But it is not exclusive. 

For example, "Bert came out as a trumpist the other day." 

Just now, freebyrd said:

He should go back to the village that he is depriving of its idiot.

Aw shucks. Lordy, I hear Salt Lake City is quite a nice big city. Huge demand for baby faced Thai  speaking youtube "stars" there I heard.

26 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

This guy is a creep. He enjoys torturing animals. Why has he not been arrested and charged under Thai law ?

Why haven't the guys running cock fights across the street from my house been arrested?

2 hours ago, kurtmartens said:

(We don't?  Wow, that is news to me mate.  Born in Boston ... just happen to work in a company that is 90% Brit.)

Anyhow.  I think Nate is a moron, but either deport him if he doesn't have a Thai passport or arrest him for animal cruelty and lets move on.  I hate to generalize, but have seen Thais do a lot worst to animals (cock fighting comes to mind) ... this idiot just happened to post on youtube.com which makes him a publicity seeking idiot. 

you are replying to the wrong person