What would Thai women think of a foreigner coming to Thailand to find a wife or girlfriend to bring back to Australia ?

Iamtoofat

Op you may be looking at this wrong. Why would anyone want to live in that dump anyway. Many places close to and including Thailand are a 1000 times better than Australia imho of course. Could wait to get out personaly.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Op you may be looking at this wrong. Why would anyone want to live in that dump anyway. Many places close to and including Thailand are a 1000 times better than Australia imho of course. Could wait to get out personaly.

The OP, if he's not trolling, probably has no other choice than to bring his future wife back to Oz.

7 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

The main problems with Oz is the cost of living is insane. And women there have a legal system which is heavily biased towards them in terms of family law. The OP should take note of that.

I can live very well in Thailand, with a Thai GF who thinks my s##t doesn't stink. In Australia, very modestly. Aussie women? Ugh.

Edited by bazza73
Addition

10 hours ago, whatawonderfulday said:

Well some posters were quick of the mark and have gone on to mention "decent woman"  or only bar girls.   Clearly one would need to understand upon which principal you define decent .   Whilst not married to Australians I  know 2 females, ex bar girls in the late 60's who were fortunate enough to meet and marry and have gone on to run their own major business in Thailand and Singapore. Also I have a good friend, poor as a church mouse with a big age difference who likewise married a bar girl and they are still together in the UK after 22 years. the point is whether these people are in the majority or otherwise is irrelevant you should never generalise by implying bar girls are not decent women.  I might as well say being English I consider Australians are not decent men which again would show bigotry and prejudice to the extreme

So what is decent ? someone who cares and loves irrespective of money or someone who has not had sex with numerous men before developing a long term relationship ?

But most Thai women that I know here would in my opinion not offer an opinion on the rights and wrongs of foreigners coming to find a wife,  rather wishing the ladies and their partners good luck. 

This thread will turn into another series of rants by hypocrites I suspect.

So, hookers are decent:saai:

Desperation I guess.

Presuming you have difficult finding a women in Australia I wouldn't suggest coming to Thailand for a women as there's a strong likelihood that you will be sussed straight away. Certainly don't tell the girls this is your intention and don't mention what you get paid,

If you were to find a girl and based on your comments on the thread I would imagine you will end up with a non educated Issan. In this case and others you will be expected to look after the family and your relationship with them will depend on how much you provide for them.

Again based on your comments and age you will get bled dry,  So imo just enjoy a holiday and maybe think about retiring in Thailand.

Then you can stick all the assets in her name, enjoy all the attention untill you plop your clogs.

You will experience a better relationship with your new Thai family as they will get a windfall once you've passed away.

1 hour ago, Tofer said:

Why in particular are you looking for a Thai wife, what is it that you are expecting from her that you cannot attain in a relationship with any other nationality, even Australian?

I get rejected by Australian women. My thoughts on Australian girls don't really matter as they're not interested in me anyway. As much as people say to stay positive  and to not generalise, constant rejection has an impact and as a result I am a bit resentful towards Australian women right now. Aside from the obvious physical attraction to Thai women; I thought they would be easier to attract compared to Australian women.

In Australia,  i think society is not equal and very heavily bias towards the female with a lot of anti male campaigns in the media. I have many female friends who treat their husbands well but they're all taken, obviously. I thought Thai women would have modern eastern values, which inside my mind means equality. For example, the girl expects the guy to make more money than her (at least when they meet), to sometimes buy her nice things, to treat her like a lady. In return she earns whatever income she can, to contribute financially to the household, but takes on the burden of doing the majority of household duties, cooking cleaning, washing but the man helps out as much as possible. There are a LOT of Australian women who are willing to do this sort of arrangement but there are lot of feminists who won't take the good with the bad. All of this is beside the point; my main interest in Thai women was that I thought they might be attracted to me. 

Edited by Iamtoofat

3 minutes ago, ed strong said:

Again based on your comments and age you will get bled dry ...

For the OP I think it might be worse than that, at best.  Still think he's trolling, though.

Based on his OP and subsequent comments he appears to believe he's in the driving seat.  Jeez.

I know a few falang guys that have been turned over on a global scale in a very short space of time.  Easily done.

30 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

The main problems with Oz is the cost of living is insane. And women there have a legal system which is heavily biased towards them in terms of family law. The OP should take note of that.

I can live very well in Thailand, with a Thai GF who thinks my s##t doesn't stink. In Australia, very modestly. Aussie women? Ugh.

I don't understand this I find things to be rather cheap in Australia; apart from rent.  The legal system is a <deleted> disaster, your wife basically owns you.

I agree with the "ugh" Aussie women can be beyond awful. 

Edited by Iamtoofat

33 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

The OP, if he's not trolling, probably has no other choice than to bring his future wife back to Oz.

My wife lives with me in the UK as I am unable to retire to LOS at this stage of my life.  My pension pot is not at capacity just yet.

So let's be clear, not everyone can just jet off abroad at the drop of a hat on a permanent basis.  Though, my wife has the much prized UK passport so we can come and go as we please.  In fact, we can go anywhere.

I'm not even sure I would want to live in LOS all year round.  If I didn't then I know my wife would follow suit, just as long as we visited twice a year which would keep her happy.

Marrying Thai women and taking them back to your home countries is playing a dangerous game.

Many will probably only go through the process as a means of obtaining visas to stay in the west and once married, if the Thai wife decides to move on, under the divorce laws in most western countries she can claim your assets and alimony in our countries that mostly always favour the wives in cases of divorce.

So choose carefully before taking home a Thai takeaway from Thailand.

39 minutes ago, nasanews said:

But I rather stay single on marrying a prostitute.:saai:

It is hard to know what is true here. Thailand is consistently referred to as the land of secrets and half-truths. And not without good reason in my experience. Many of the the prozzies, bar girls, happy ending massage ladies etc. are quite respectable away from their jobs. If you met one when they were having a break away from their sex work you might never know their true colours and they definitely wouldn't tell you.. 

In the village where I lived for many years at least 50% of the ladies - at one time or another - had spent time in the 'sex' trade.

There are ways to ensure (as much as it's possible to) that the girl is not (then or now) a sex worker. One way is to take an interest in something that sex workers rarely indulge in; horse riding, competitive swimming, chess or fencing etc. Then, if you catch a girl's eye, you might be onto a winner.

You pays yer money and you take a chance. Can turn out lovely! Can be disastrous!!

Be lucky out there and stay away from girls that are good at pool.

Edited by owl sees all
inappropriate content

1 minute ago, cyberfarang said:

Marrying Thai women and taking them back to your home countries is playing a dangerous game.

Many will probably only go through the process as a means of obtaining visas to stay in the west and once married, if the Thai wife decides to move on, under the divorce laws in most western countries she can claim your assets and alimony in our countries that mostly always favour the wives in cases of divorce.

So choose carefully before taking home a Thai takeaway from Thailand.

That's really only once children are involved and there is no alimony in Australia. That's why I was aiming for one probably 28+, well educated and not too sexy. Regardless, based on advice given, it seems pointless. And seems I was stupid. I admit I was a bit "hot" on the idea, now I am cooling right down. 

1 minute ago, paul18620 said:

5 pages of a BS thread why have the MODS let this go so far just shows you how far TV has declined in recent months.......you should of posted this on Pattaya Addicts you monger 

There is really no need to be rude. Why are you being so mean ? Why be like that ? I explicitly said I have no interest in prostitutes. 

Edited by Iamtoofat

11 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

One way is to take an interest in something that sex workers rarely indulge in; horse riding, competitive swimming, chess or fencing etc.

Freaking hell.  This is LOS and even on the best day you're hardly going to find a lady in to horse riding (when was the last time you saw a horse on your daily travels?), swimming? (most of them can't swim and would drown instantly in anything other than a bath), chess? (you're freaking shitting me) and fencing? (now you're getting ridiculous).

Edited by Here It Is

1 minute ago, Iamtoofat said:

How am I belittling you ? You come here and started insulting me. You are the one who has acted very rudely. 

What is it that you actually want, Iamtoofat?  Be honest and stop being so tacitly disrespectful to Thai ladies.

26 minutes ago, Iamtoofat said:

I don't understand this I find things to be rather cheap in Australia; apart from rent.  The legal system is a <deleted> disaster, your wife basically owns you.

I agree with the "ugh" Aussie women can be beyond awful. 

A bottle of Scotch in Australia is north of $30. Here, about $15 - $20. Wine is expensive here.

Today I had a lunch of bangers and mash ( Cumberland sausage ) with a mango smoothie for $11, very filling. Most pubs and restaurants in Oz you'd be looking at $25 minimum, assuming they could even find a mango.

I can buy a KG of avocados for $2, what does a single avocado cost in Oz?

Car registration $200. Scooter registration $30.

I rest my case.

8 hours ago, howard ashoul said:

I think the answer is no.

Thais love their country. Everything Thai is the best. Thai food is the best. Thai music is the best. Thai motorbikes are the best. Clothes made in the Thailand is the best... . Also they have their Budhism. And their King. They are not looking for getting out of here. They love it here!

What they don't like are the Thai wages.
It usually depends on the prospects you can offer them to work in Australia or start a business in Thailand. 

Moving abroad to a country they hardly know anybody, that makes everybody a little anxious. You should at least let her stay over for a holiday so
she can get a feel of the environment she will be living in.

And financially, if they are able to earn their own money and can play an 'important' lady with it in Thailand she will be more than glad to come live with you.

Be open minded when you do meet women that you would consider as your life partner. They do have their own wishes as well.

7 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

What is it that you actually want, Iamtoofat?  Be honest and stop being so tacitly disrespectful to Thai ladies.

To find a nice lady. Buy house down the coast, make little people, take them fishing and to junior football. 

Just now, bazza73 said:

A bottle of Scotch in Australia is north of $30. Here, about $15 - $20. Wine is expensive here.

Today I had a lunch of bangers and mash ( Cumberland sausage ) with a mango smoothie for $11, very filling. Most pubs and restaurants in Oz you'd be looking at $25 minimum, assuming they could even find a mango.

I can buy a KG of avocados for $2, what does a single avocado cost in Oz?

Car registration $200. Scooter registration $30.

I rest my case.

Ah okay, I don't drink.

I can get burger, chips and can of coke $9. But I prefer to cook my badly cooked food for much less.

Your next point is an interesting one, yes $25, but I feel to get the equivalent quality meat anywhere else in the world costs more.

Yes, car rego is expensive. I can't ride a scooter, too dangerous for me.

I'm a computer programmer, so often, I work from home anyway.

Just now, Iamtoofat said:

To find a nice lady. Buy house down the coast, make little people, take them fishing and to junior football. 

Sorry, mate, but based on your OP and responses you appear to be up to no good.

You have just been murdered TV style and can't say you didn't deserve it.  Carry on if you want but no one is going to believe you.

3 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

What they don't like are the Thai wages.
It usually depends on the prospects you can offer them to work in Australia or start a business in Thailand. 

Moving abroad to a country they hardly know anybody, that makes everybody a little anxious. You should at least let her stay over for a holiday so
she can get a feel of the environment she will be living in.

And financially, if they are able to earn their own money and can play an 'important' lady with it in Thailand she will be more than glad to come live with you.

Be open minded when you do meet women that you would consider as your life partner. They do have their own wishes as well.

Yeah obviously. If I met a girl I was going to set her up with a tourist visa at first, can stay with me as long as wants, meet the parents ect.. but I've cooled on the idea. 

1 minute ago, Here It Is said:

Sorry, mate, but based on your OP and responses you appear to be up to no good.

You have just been murdered TV style and can't say you didn't deserve it.  Carry on if you want but no one is going to believe you.

Haha. Okay mate.  I hope you had fun. *now plz leave me alone*