What would Thai women think of a foreigner coming to Thailand to find a wife or girlfriend to bring back to Australia ?

Iamtoofat

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

Freaking hell.  This is LOS and even on the best day you're hardly going to find a lady in to horse riding (when was the last time you saw a horse on your daily travels?), swimming? (most of them can't swim and would drown instantly in anything other than a bath), chess? (you're freaking shitting me) and fencing? (now you're getting ridiculous).

You are making my point! Seek out these things away from the sex areas. Where I am there is a chess club; with lady members. Competitive swimming is not as rare as one might think. On second thoughts join a modern pentathlon club. Need to get away from pool and pole dancing.

36 minutes ago, Iamtoofat said:

That's really only once children are involved and there is no alimony in Australia. That's why I was aiming for one probably 28+, well educated and not too sexy. Regardless, based on advice given, it seems pointless. And seems I was stupid. I admit I was a bit "hot" on the idea, now I am cooling right down. 

Just curious, but why is it that you prefer Thai women over Aussie women?  If you're a low quality guy, you're going to end up with a low quality gal.  Thai or Aussie, take your pick. 

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

You are making my point! Seek out these things away from the sex areas. Where I am there is a chess club; with lady members. Competitive swimming is not as rare as one might think. On second thoughts join a modern pentathlon club. Need to get away from pool and pole dancing.

Get real, owl.  I'm already married and none of the above apply.  Jeez.

Edited by Here It Is

11 hours ago, kenk24 said:

And most Thai ladies would prefer to stay in Thailand, but will relocate for a decent husband. 

...................prefer to stay in Thailand, but will relocate for a decent husband stipend.

5 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

Get real, owl.  I'm already married and no on the above apply.  Jeez.

Ok, ok. You are happily married but really I am referring to the OP.  I hope he takes note of some of the really constructive comments on here.

I wish I had!!

Edited by owl sees all
inappropriate content

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Ok, ok. You are happily married but really I am referring to the OP.  I hope he takes note of some of the really constructive comments on here.

I only wish I had!!

Cool, though the generalisations don't help and there's no one size fits all.  I'm sure we can agree on that.  

I did warn you OP that this isnt the place to ask. The trolls are  out in force now bitch slapping you, in the hope they get a rise from you or the mods close it down either is there prime objective. Back away dont answer them let them bitch slap each other. Or ask for mods to close the thread and act on the few positive pieces of advise on here.

Edited by jeab1980

Just now, Here It Is said:

You need help, too.  Sort of agree but it's not the be all.

Why do I need help for stating the truth?

Thai women with farang men are almost always from poor backgrounds.

That should tell you absolutely everything you need to know about how we're thought of.

Women with education, money and good looks don't look at farang men unless they're younger and attractive.

Yer typical Thaivisa bloke isn't in that category

2 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

Cool, though the generalisations don't help and there's no one size fits all.  I'm sure we can agree on that.

Yes I agree.

To be honest I don't disagree with anything on this thread. Half the posts are wind ups and the other half are dissing someone or other. I am simply offering an alternative view.

1 hour ago, Iamtoofat said:

I get rejected by Australian women. My thoughts on Australian girls don't really matter as they're not interested in me anyway. As much as people say to stay positive  and to not generalise, constant rejection has an impact and as a result I am a bit resentful towards Australian women right now. Aside from the obvious physical attraction to Thai women; I thought they would be easier to attract compared to Australian women.

In Australia,  i think society is not equal and very heavily bias towards the female with a lot of anti male campaigns in the media. I have many female friends who treat their husbands well but they're all taken, obviously. I thought Thai women would have modern eastern values, which inside my mind means equality. For example, the girl expects the guy to make more money than her (at least when they meet), to sometimes buy her nice things, to treat her like a lady. In return she earns whatever income she can, to contribute financially to the household, but takes on the burden of doing the majority of household duties, cooking cleaning, washing but the man helps out as much as possible. There are a LOT of Australian women who are willing to do this sort of arrangement but there are lot of feminists who won't take the good with the bad. All of this is beside the point; my main interest in Thai women was that I thought they might be attracted to me. 

Fair enough.  I asked the same question without reading this first.  You should realize that Thailand may not be what you think.  Most middle class gals are similar to Aussie gals in that they want a "normal" relationship, i.e., can communicate with their mates perfectly.  The ones that sacrifice that aspect, well....they're looking more for security and the payoff.  That's where you come in.  If you can live with that, then you won't be disappointed. 

4 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

I did warn you OP that this isnt the place to ask. The trolls are  out in force now bitch slapping you, in the hope they get a rise from you or the mods close it down either is there prime objective. Back away dont answer them let them bitch slap each other. Or ask for mods to close the thread and act on the few positive pieces of advise on here.

How do you know the OP is genuine?  Reasonable question.

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

Fair enough.  I asked the same question without reading this first.  You should realize that Thailand may not be what you think.  Most middle class gals are similar to Aussie gals in that they want a "normal" relationship, i.e., can communicate with their mates perfectly.  The ones that sacrifice that aspect, well....they're looking more for security and the payoff.  That's where you come in.  If you can live with that, then you won't be disappointed. 

The OP appears extremely fragile so not sure he's quite ready for the onslaught.  In fact, he hasn't got a freaking clue.  

Like I said, I believe he's trolling, but, if not, then he's in for one hell of a ride.  

Truthfully your best bet would be to come and see the landscape for yourself. You will never know the answer from posts here. Every situation is different but what I would recommend against is what is a very common practice among working age men, which is to marry a Thai woman here and then live back in their own country while the wife stays here. They send support money back monthly and visit for a few weeks at a time (on holiday from work). I can never understand the point of marriage if you cannot live together. 

In all likelihood, for a Thai woman to assimilate into western society, she would have to be somewhat progressive in her views up front, and you would know that right away. Most Thai ladies are wonderful people but have somewhat limited perceptions of the rest of the world (largely gained via Hollywood). Look for someone who has been exposed to the west, perhaps as an exchange student. 

Good luck to you.

There must be thousands of Asian ladies in Oz that would save you all the hassle of relocating one from Thailand.

I met my wife in Thailand by chance not by design, she lived with me in UK for 22 years and everywhere we moved to she found a circle of Thai girlfriends faster and bigger than I ever managed to find friends. Not a few had been dumped by some d..k head lowlife who dragged them home under false pretences, and they were keen to find a new partner. I can't imagine Oz would be a great deal different. 

Unless you you want a good holiday into the bargain, I suggest you stay home and keep your eyes open.

6 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

The OP appears extremely fragile so not sure he's quite ready for the onslaught.  In fact, he hasn't got a freaking clue.  

Like I said, I believe he's trolling, but, if not, then he's in for one hell of a ride.  

You're probably right.  But at least he hasn't disappeared like the typical troll.  If he thinks that all Thai women will just fall for him because he's a farang, then yes, he's like a sheep being led to slaughter. 

3 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Thailand is slowly becoming an industrialized country.

It already is an industrialized country but with a significant agricultural hinterland and even that will at some point be further industrialized. 

8 minutes ago, tonray said:

Look for someone who has been exposed to the west, perhaps as an exchange student. 

Why limit yourself?  My wife was never exposed to the west other than her English degree.

I'll repeat myself, one size doesn't fit all.

My wife loves the UK, the culture, the food, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Don't limit yourself or your wife with your limited views.  Try to catch the right wife before you regret bringing her west.  Jeez.

17 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

My wife loves the UK, the culture, the food, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Don't limit yourself or your wife with your limited views.  Try to catch the right wife before you regret bringing her west.  Jeez.

Totally agree.

Think outside the box, keep your mind open for any and all opportunities, never assume bringing a foreigner into your country is all that great.

Do I dare to assume that the OP never went to Thailand before?

2 hours ago, Iamtoofat said:

I get rejected by Australian women. My thoughts on Australian girls don't really matter as they're not interested in me anyway. As much as people say to stay positive  and to not generalise, constant rejection has an impact and as a result I am a bit resentful towards Australian women right now. Aside from the obvious physical attraction to Thai women; I thought they would be easier to attract compared to Australian women.

In Australia,  i think society is not equal and very heavily bias towards the female with a lot of anti male campaigns in the media. I have many female friends who treat their husbands well but they're all taken, obviously. I thought Thai women would have modern eastern values, which inside my mind means equality. For example, the girl expects the guy to make more money than her (at least when they meet), to sometimes buy her nice things, to treat her like a lady. In return she earns whatever income she can, to contribute financially to the household, but takes on the burden of doing the majority of household duties, cooking cleaning, washing but the man helps out as much as possible. There are a LOT of Australian women who are willing to do this sort of arrangement but there are lot of feminists who won't take the good with the bad. All of this is beside the point; my main interest in Thai women was that I thought they might be attracted to me. 

Are you an Aborigine?

So the OP wants to look for Thai/wife/GF.

Why dosn't anyone stress the point, that he will not be marrying a Thai-wife, but he will marry an entire Thai-Family.
Once this fact sinks in, OP might not be so hot about his "Thai-Adventure" anymore.
Cheers.

Just now, swissie said:

Why dosn't anyone stress the point, that he will not be marrying a Thai-wife, but he will marry an entire Thai-Family.
Once this fact sinks in, OP might not be so hot about his "Thai-Adventure" anymore.
Cheers.

Been stressed to death here.

Cheers OP, great topic, some very funny replies, good entertainment after coming home from a funeral.

Just now, swissie said:

Cheers.

Nothing wrong with a Thai family. Mother-in-law has lunch and dinner sent over for us everyday. Father-in-law lends money if we ever need it. Got me a stable job. Has provided vehicles for us. The uncles/cousins look out for you like no tomorrow. I think the OP did mention he was looking for a normal girl, so in theory a normal family will follow.

2 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Nothing wrong with a Thai family. Mother-in-law has lunch and dinner sent over for us everyday. Father-in-law lends money if we ever need it. Got me a stable job. Has provided vehicles for us. The uncles/cousins look out for you like no tomorrow. I think the OP did mention he was looking for a normal girl, so in theory a normal family will follow.

Yeah, but to be fair, you sound like the exception to the norm.

I still think the OP is Aborigine.

Edited by grollies
spelling

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Bottom line.

The only things you import into australia is scum and vermin. That's what us brits did anyway and now when an aussie tries to crack a joke it's weird how only ozzies laugh. Strewth!!!

5, 4, 3, 2, 1......

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Bottom line.

The only things you import into australia is scum and vermin. That's what us brits did anyway and now when an aussie tries to crack a joke it's weird how only ozzies laugh. Strewth!!!

What scum and vermin did you brits import in England, if one may ask?