Certified Documents

Just a question to help everybody now and for future quieries.

QUESTION: What document's should be certified from your own experience's for visa application's....?

Hope the answer's help everybody.

My wife and I have just been through the whole spouse visa process and she is now living with me in Sydney.

We got EVERYTHING certified. Here in Oz its free and I got my local member to sign the certified copies. In the end, her receptionist knew me by name I was in the office so much.

Even when the embassy required originals I still supplied them with certified copies just to be sure I covered everything. My bank statements I printed off the internet and got them certified too...everything.

After we submitted her application she was got her visa in only 6 weeks.

Its worth covering all your bases.

In terms of the UK, the embassy asks for a certified copy of the sponsor's passport. I don't think it's necessary to provide a certified copy, but one may as well play ball. Certification does come in handy when to lose the originals would be more trouble than it's worth.

Scouse.

In terms of the UK, the embassy asks for a certified copy of the sponsor's passport. I don't think it's necessary to provide a certified copy, but one may as well play ball. Certification does come in handy when to lose the originals would be more trouble than it's worth.

Scouse.

run that by me again Scouser..... :o

Yeah Yeah......I know.....I will Pi** off back to the OZ visas now...

:D:D

Edited by gburns57au

Scouse.

run that by me again Scouser..... :o

Yeah Yeah......I know.....I will Pi** off back to the OZ visas now...

:D:D

Yeah, its the one thing I didn't get when my wife was applying for her SV to the UK.

The common view sems to be to get a solicitor to certify the passport. But thats not what the rules say. I'm in the public service in the UK and my boss certified mine at zilch cost. GP's, JP's and other such (alleged) worthies can also do this. For other docs, originals were provided where required or thought prudent and translations from Thai to English were obtained cheaply and efficiently from those nice places by ploenchit(?) station.

All simple and straightforward.

On another forum, I asked about the worth of a solicitor certifying the passport and as I suspected, all they don is look at whats in front of them, tick yup, seen this and pass it back again. No checks on its authenticity and a get out clause if its turns out to be bogus - just what is the point (apart from money earned)?

• 4 months later...

As I live in Bangkok do I need to get the copy of my passports certified or could I take them in with me when we submit her application? Would I have to leave them at the embassy?

If the answer is no, can one of those local companies do a certified copy for me in BKK?