PM Prayut thanks teen singer Lamyai after criticising her suggestive moves

webfact

17 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Try sticking to one point at a time. Not for the aged, but for tourists in the vein of things the government is doing to in fact strangle the hen that provides their golden eggs.

All of that in sum makes Thailand a relatively less attractive place for folks on vacation who want to come, blow their wad, go out, have fun, drink, carouse, etc... Like they used to do here... But increasingly more difficult in the current environment.

The point I was addressing to Trumpish was a separate one for a separate population, apparently those like you and me. I wasn't talking about tourist issues there. I was talking about the fact that most retirees here live here on 1-year at time permissions to stay, which the government could easily change if they ever wanted to. Retirees here don't figure into the government's idea of golden eggs the same way tourist visitors do.

And obviously, if they're willing to enact policies that clearly hit at the heart of the kinds of things typical tourists are interested then, then why would anyone think they'd have any greater hesitation to go after the retired folks here. We may support Thai families, but we apparently don't figure much into benefiting Thailand from the government's perspective.

ok this makes things a bit clearer as your previous posts were a bit confusing to my humble mixed up mind!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017-6-13 at 0:09 PM, Lingba said:

Yes of course..blame farangs..It could never be a Thai's fault for wanting to emulate other cultures that they feel may bring success into their lives.....So should we also blame farangs for the goings on at Pat Pong, Soi Cowboy, Nana, Bangla Rd in Phuket, Pattaya

Of course it has nothing to do with farangs??

15 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

ok this makes things a bit clearer as your previous posts were a bit confusing to my humble mixed up mind!

I understand and apologise. Confusing you was not my intention, though I appear to have succeeded. I didn't think that what I wrote was very complicated.