Couple with ‘missing daughter’ quizzed over Samut Prakan murder

webfact

Couple with ‘missing daughter’ quizzed over Samut Prakan murder
By The Nation

SARABURI: -- A couple who abruptly moved from their Samut Prakan home near where an adolescent girl was found murdered have been picked up for questioning in Saraburi.

Investigators describe the unidentified couple, both in their 30s, as “persons of interest” in the case.

Their former neighbours in Samut Prakan’s Bang Saothong district told police they moved from their rented home soon after news broke on Sunday about a young girl’s body being found in Samrong Canal. The girl had died from asphyxiation.

The neighbours said the couple left without the woman’s 10-year-old daughter from a previous marriage, whom they claimed had gone to stay with relatives.

Bang Saothong police tracked the couple to Saraburi’s Phra Buddhabhat district, reporting the development to Provincial Police Region 1 chief Pol Lt General Charnthep Sesavech on Wednesday.

Interest focused on the 35-year-old stepfather, a delivery man, and 31-year-old mother, a factory cleaner, as police interviewed residents within a 10-kilometre radius of the location where the victim’s body was found.

Samran Jaipook, 68, who owns a grocery shop 200 metres from where rope was found of the same type used to bind the girl’s body, said the couple, who rented her house, had taken care of the 10-year-old girl since Songkran. Samran said the stepfather was hot-tempered and was often seen scolding the girl.

Samran grew suspicious when police showed her photos of the murder victim’s body, bruised in the same area where her stepfather had allegedly struck her previously. The shopkeeper said she and other neighbours also recognised the victim’s clothing as belonging to the daughter. 

On Tuesday morning police and soldiers raided a Bang Saothong shoe factory and workers’ dormitory and rounded up 22 migrant workers for DNA testing. No charges have been announced. People on the premises reportedly used rice from a Roi Et mill whose brand name appeared on a sack containing rocks and concrete blocks that had weighted the victim’s body when it was dropped in the canal.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30318035

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-14

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

the police will charge the stepfather for the possible sex crime and the murder .  He should rot in jail or death penalty.

That is OK by me, provided that he is guilty.

What about if he is not guilty?

Just now, billd766 said:

That is OK by me, provided that he is guilty.

What about if he is not guilty?

If he's not guilty and he's a good guy and works hard and loved the girl and the mum and takes care of them then he should be ok and have friends ....  but I can't say becuase they moved quickly when the body was found so is that suspicious  ??

30 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Why did he move quickly ?  is he an ok guy or a sex feen   ?

Why are you asking me?

I have no idea about him at all, do you?

You seem willing to condemn people while knowing nothing about them even before they have gone to court and a trial.

They may well be guilty, they may well be innocent. I have no idea and neither do you.

2 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

the Mother did it. the body is found 500meters-1km away from my shop...

HaHa5555555555-------- Is the mother guilty cos the body was found a km or less from your shop----------- Did you have something to do with it? I must say some of you people are always good for a laugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

the police will charge the stepfather for the possible sex crime and the murder .  He should rot in jail or death penalty.

Same as the earlier post; where does it mention anything about a sex crime, apart from you constantly referring to it as such.  How do you know the step-father is responsible?  How do you know the mother isn't responsible?  How do you know the girl didn't go to stay with relatives?  Perhaps the mother and step-father arranged to move after shipping the girl off to relatives, thinking that she was already on the bus to the Nakhon Nowheres.

You'd make a good copper here, always jumping to conclusions!  It's a wonder that you haven't already stated that the girl commited suicide!

19 hours ago, biplanebluey said:

HaHa5555555555-------- Is the mother guilty cos the body was found a km or less from your shop----------- Did you have something to do with it? I must say some of you people are always good for a laugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like she admitted killing her daughter........