Spare a thought for car owner.....pointing at nothing

webfact

Spare a thought for car owner.....pointing at nothing

tnews_1497430845_2688.jpg

Picture: TNews

CHONBURI/PATTAYA: -- Please spare a thought today for this car owner in Chonburi.

She is pointing at an empty car parking space - where her pride and joy of a Toyota Vigo was once parked.

It was driven away from the parking lot of a well known store in Klong Tamru sub-district on Saturday.

Warinthip Sae-Chua, 36, had gone to the store with her husband and daughter to do some shopping. She had locked her pick-up with a remote then double checked it was secure by pulling the handle.

But less than two hours later it was gone. CCTV confirmed someone had driven it away. Several days later and after reporting the matter to police nothing has happened.

Yesterday Warinthip was complaining to Tnews reporters that she wouldn't advise anyone to park there - she said it was a place that didn't issue parking tickets.

And the store just said bad luck, refusing to take responsibility for the loss.

The owner said she had only paid two years of installments and was now faced with paying for a vehicle for years that she no longer had.

She appealed to the thieves to have a heart and return it, for the family will surely face hardship as a result.

In common with stories of this nature Tnews would not name the store concerned.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-15

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Why should the store take responsibility?

Because it occurred on their property and they have a responsibility to the safety and well being of the people that come on to their property and trust that their lives and belongings will be safe..ESPECIALLY if they expect people to utilize their business and spend money there

In Thailand when a new car is purchased it comes with full insurance for one year only. Thereafter some owners just have the mandatory liability insurance only to save money.  This happened to a friend's mother a few years ago and she was eventually brought to court and was forced to pay the balance due plus interest. It is thought that the stolen car ended up in a neighboring country.  The store where the car was parked has no liability.  Professional thieves are most likely involved.

2 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

In Thailand when a new car is purchased it comes with full insurance for one year only. Thereafter some owners just have the mandatory liability insurance only to save money.  This happened to a friend's mother a few years ago and she was eventually brought to court and was forced to pay the balance due plus interest. It is thought that the stolen car ended up in a neighboring country.  The store where the car was parked has no liability.  Professional thieves are most likely involved.

Thats assuming vehicle was purchased with finance.

2 hours ago, Lingba said:

2 hours ago, Thechook said:

Why should the store take responsibility?

Because it occurred on their property and they have a responsibility to the safety and well being of the people that come on to their property and trust that their lives and belongings will be safe..ESPECIALLY if they expect people to utilize their business and spend money there

Where I come from, if your uninsured car is stolen from a supermarket carpark, the market will take responsibility, and buy you a new car!

You make the claim at the flying pigs counter.

19 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Thats assuming vehicle was purchased with finance.

No assumptions required.

" The owner said she had only paid two years of installments and was now faced with paying for a vehicle for years that she no longer had. "

2 hours ago, Lingba said:

What about when therer is signage that says secure your vehicle and valuables as property owner will not be liable for loss (or words to that effect).

9 minutes ago, nahkit said:

No assumptions required.

" The owner said she had only paid two years of installments and was now faced with paying for a vehicle for years that she no longer had. "

Ahh yep, I missed that part. Thanks for correcting me.

30 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Where I come from, if your uninsured car is stolen from a supermarket carpark, the market will take responsibility, and buy you a new car!

You make the claim at the flying pigs counter.

<deleted> lol? Where do you come from? So if you park your car on Council land and it's stolen your government will pay for your stolen car too? :shock1:

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed. Continue posting in this manner and your posts will be removed.

31 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

in most countries if you are paying the car off over a number of years then compulsory insurance is included in the repayments.  is it different in thailand?

3 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

What about when therer is signage that says secure your vehicle and valuables as property owner will not be liable for loss (or words to that effect).

Which is just about universal. I doubt if you can find a carpark anywhere in the world that would accept liability unless it is specifically designated as secure parking. And you'll pay for that service.

35 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

In Thailand when a new car is purchased it comes with full insurance for one year only. Thereafter some owners just have the mandatory liability insurance only to save money.

More fool them.

If they cant afford insurance maybe they should have bought a cheaper used car?

I've lost track of the number of Thais I've seen with no jobs and no future who happily put down all their tiny savings as a deposit on a new car that they will not be able to afford to buy petrol for let alone make the repayments on. And all to look big for a day or two when going home. Morons. Even bigger morons are the ones who act as guarantors to them. And even bigger morons are the ones who give them credit. And bigger morons still are the ones in government that allow it all to happen presumably to shore up car sales and so that Thailand will appear to be full of people who can afford new cars.

25 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

<deleted> lol? Where do you come from? So if you park your car on Council land and it's stolen your government will pay for your stolen car too? :shock1:

i·ro·ny

1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The owner said she had only paid two years of installments and was now faced with paying for a vehicle for years that she no longer had.

My sister-in-law had to pay for four years after her car was stolen and sold in Cambodia.  The thief (a woman) was identified and identified; a citizen's arrest made; I transported her to Jomtien in my car with a policeman riding shotgun.  Topdog refused to move on the case until he got 10k.  SIL is a nurse and couldn't afford it.  Eight years on; car loan paid off; thief still at large; nurse selling off her household possessions to pay her daughters' schooling. 

Thai Justice.

I have had 2 new Vigos and now a Rivo......each time Toyota have told me Pickups are the most sought after vehicles and recommended  that I have a 4,000 baht immobiliser fitted which completely locks everything ignition etc.

Simple efficient and well worth the extra outlay

Edited by DD13
Additions

1 minute ago, DD13 said:

I have had 2 new Vigos and now a Rivo......each time Toyota have told me Pickups are the most sort after vehicles and recommended  that I have a 4,000 baht immobiliser fitted which completely locks everything ignition etc.

Works very well

Works very well with go jacks and slide trucks ?