Thailand to launch new 10 year multiple entry visa for over 50s

rooster59

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/9/2017 at 7:01 PM, dundas said:

I have the funds to buy a condo, but there are various reasons (concern about construction standards, long-term security of title to name just a couple) that suggest I won't.

As for visas, if I can continue to fly in and out on 30 day exempt, that's my preferred choice. But that's related to the fact that I don't want to make Thailand my permanent home. Good luck to you if you do. 

Yeah,many "farangs " with much bigger wallet does not want to buy condo here.Why?Many reasons for that.For myself,I invested in some Thai PF and REIT-s pretty much money which allowed me to live anywhere here and rent whatever I want and have nice profit besides.To invest in condo here today is not savvy ,as I think.I think mostly people like murraynz who boast of having big funds are in a fact pretty poor and not capable to make any profit here,or they are only real-estate agents.

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2017 at 7:57 AM, BigBadGeordie said:

In comparason to my Non O, followed by 10 extensions of stay based on retirement, this does not seem particularly attractive.

I fail to see which group it is aimed at?

It's aimed at the RICH......who could live anywhere.  Why not live in Sweden where you can have health insurance?

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

I cannot trust a Thai Bank with 3 million ..even if it's THB so sorry boys...better come up with something else.....however, future will say if any daredevils put in so much cash in a Thai Bank....

In the past 10 years who was responsible for billions of dollars in fraud and theft?  A.  Thai Banks.  B. British banks.  C. American banks. D. Scottish banks. 

11 minutes ago, amvet said:

In the past 10 years who was responsible for billions of dollars in fraud and theft?  A.  Thai Banks.  B. British banks.  C. American banks. D. Scottish banks. 

A subtle suggestion, I see your point. But neither of those banks cited, had random issues of dishonest employees who forged signatures and made off with peoples money.

And I guess, that unfortunately, I'm not the only one who has big doubts in putting such large amounts in a Thai bank, sorry my fellow poster.

Besides, nothing to beat in having your cash stocked away safely in a nice Swiss Bank .-)

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

A subtle suggestion, I see your point. But neither of those banks cited had random issues of dishonest employees who forged signatures and made off with peoples money.

Besides, nothing to beat in having your cash stocked away safely in a nice Swiss Bank .-)

The much vaunted Swiss private banking sector lost 10% of its institutions last year as it continued to groan under the weight of rising cost, the high franc and increasing regulations.

Swiss banks are supposed to be boring but the crisis at UBS shows how one of Europe's most sensible companies threw caution to the wind.

Four veteran directors were forced to resign after the bank lost billions of dollars in the US mortgage market.

Last week the share price plunged to just 19.81 Swiss francs, breaking the previous low set when the bank lost 1bn francs following the collapse of Long Term Capital Management, the hedge fund.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/2792800/UBS-The-crisis-at-the-heart-of-the-Swiss-bank.html

Nothing like having your money tucked away in a good old corrupt Swiss bank that have lost billions in the past 10 years.  

4 hours ago, Jools said:

It's aimed at the RICH......who could live anywhere.  Why not live in Sweden where you can have health insurance?

I have enough money to live anywhere I choose. I choose Thailand, happy here with my wife and children. We all have health insurance.

• Like 2

Put me at the top of the List and the list I am talking about is not applying for a stupid visa designed to take your money. 90 days reports, here is mine, not interested in a country that is run by children with no education and no future, plenty of sun in much nicer country's where you are treated like Thais expect to be treaty when they visit those countries. last 90 day report

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, srchino said:

Good riddance. One less disgruntled expat here. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out emoji1.png

Education was not one of your strong points was it, it would take a man not a bloody mouse to hit me with a door.

Hey that happened a year ago and so nice not to have to suffer ignorance.

• Like 1

I don’t think you understand the expression about the door. Anyhoo... thanks for informing everyone you’re leaving. Isn’t there another sunny country’s visa related forum you should be gleefully gracing with your presence, since you’re fed up with everything Thailand and have better places to be these days?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Put me at the top of the List and the list I am talking about is not applying for a stupid visa designed to take your money. 90 days reports, here is mine, not interested in a country that is run by children with no education and no future, plenty of sun in much nicer country's where you are treated like Thais expect to be treaty when they visit those countries. last 90 day report

Off you go then!  Bye Bye!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

I've always thought of 90 day reports as optional. Either you do them or you don't and there's a small fine.

I don't think they care much either way so long as you pay the money.

I forgot to do one in September and didn't remember until a month later so I decided to skip it until the next one would have been due in December. I paid the 2000 Baht fine in December.

I guess I could have just waited until my next trip to immigration in June and paid the 2000 Baht then, what's the difference ?

Now I have to go to immigration in March as well as in June, that's the only difference I can think of apart from the issue of 'being caught without a 90 day report' which from what I've read increases the fine to 5000 instead of the 2000 you pay when you go to immigration yourself.

Edited by ukrules

10 hours ago, amvet said:

The much vaunted Swiss private banking sector lost 10% of its institutions last year as it continued to groan under the weight of rising cost, the high franc and increasing regulations.

Swiss banks are supposed to be boring but the crisis at UBS shows how one of Europe's most sensible companies threw caution to the wind.

Four veteran directors were forced to resign after the bank lost billions of dollars in the US mortgage market.

Last week the share price plunged to just 19.81 Swiss francs, breaking the previous low set when the bank lost 1bn francs following the collapse of Long Term Capital Management, the hedge fund.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/2792800/UBS-The-crisis-at-the-heart-of-the-Swiss-bank.html

Nothing like having your money tucked away in a good old corrupt Swiss bank that have lost billions in the past 10 years.  

True again. Ever since the Swiss banks became transparent and honest under pressure of a group of jealous nations who all respectively had their share of their national corrupt offshore tax havens...ever since, the Swiss Banks are not doing so well....honesty and banking sometimes don't seem to match....still, I feel safer to have my modest savings split out in the regular large swiss banks (not the shadowy private one's) ....  rather then in Thailand. Sorry, and no offence here.

Edited by observer90210

4 hours ago, newnative said:

Off you go then!  Bye Bye!

Did you not read what I wrote? Ok never mind it won't be long b4 some scammer has a go at you, but just think of me when it does happen and it will happen as it did to me and my Thai wife and then you will realize why people just hate the place

Bye Bye have a great day

7 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

But no freedom of speech or any human rights, but I am happy with that, we should not have fought the Germans all those years ago as not having any freedoms is fine and all the lives it cost it does not matter as I have money and a wife and insurance so sod you lot. Magpie Thinking at best

unnamed.jpg

• Like 1

Did you not read what I wrote? Ok never mind it won't be long b4 some scammer has a go at you, but just think of me when it does happen and it will happen as it did to me and my Thai wife and then you will realize why people just hate the place

Bye Bye have a great day

AHH, so you were the victim of a scam!

I thought that there had to be a "back story" in there somewhere.

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Bye Bye have a great day

PS- I apologize for being an ass earlier. Sounds like you do have a legitimate reason to be sour on the place. I’ve been there before too and left it. The rest of the world has a way of reminding you some things are pretty damn nice in Thailand so I hope you and the wife find your way back under better circumstances someday. Best wishes to you and your family.
  • Like 2