London/Finsbury Park: 'Several hurt' as vehicle hits pedestrians

webfact

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Read my post #50.

Like I said, don't go on about the West so called interfering.  Unless you think we should have just sat back and watched all the atrocities going on in the world and in what kind of countries were all these atrocities happening before we interfered?  Not much it going on in the UK, the US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Europe...but loads of it going on in Afghan, Syria and Iraq...Ummmmm, I wonder what the common denominator is? 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dave67 said:

Why are the politicians saying they are shocked , what do they expexct people to do , just wait for next attack ?

Shocked because there is nothing that would play into the hands of fundamentalists so much as this does. For a group in its death throes this is the kind of insanity that will give it new impetus.

6 minutes ago, Caps said:

Not much it going on in the UK, the US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Europe...but loads of it going on in Afghan, Syria and Iraq...Ummmmm, I wonder what the common denominator is? 

The colonial powers were able to hold on to the US, Canada, NZ, OZ and most of Europe.  We bankrupted ourselves fighting each other for the rest of the world, and abandoned them to their fate after pillaging their valuables, drawing up nonsensical borders and getting rid of anyone we thought was a threat to keeping the critical resources and gun money flowing west.

Which also explains why we've seen the same kind of mayhem in S. America where the Catholics outnumber Muslims by about 1000:1.

Edited by impulse

1 minute ago, impulse said:

The colonial powers were able to hold on to the US, Canada, NZ, OZ and most of Europe.  We bankrupted ourselves fighting each other for the rest of the world, and abandoned them to their fate after pillaging their valuables, drawing up nonsensical borders and getting rid of anyone we thought was a threat to keeping the critical resources and gun money flowing west.

So that condones what they do...have done, in their countries and to each other?  

Maybe the Muslim huggers should go into  the middle of Mosul old city or Raqqa or even get on a train in the UK and go to the hardened area of Bradford. London and Birmingham and see if all the love is reciprocated.     

8 minutes ago, Caps said:

Ummmmm, I wonder what the common denominator is? 

A relatively tiny group of extremist fundamentalist zealots trying to create a worldwide clash of civilizations which would be impossible on their own, however they're being greatly aided by those who stoke division and hate on both sides... thus fueling ever more extremists/terrorists and nut jobs doing these heinous acts.

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I guess it was only a matter of time before someone turned the tables. I do not agree with the action, or condone it, though it is to some degree understandable.

Eye , for a Eye .  

3 minutes ago, sujoop said:

A relatively tiny group of extremist fundamentalist zealots trying to create a worldwide clash of civilizations which would be impossible on their own, however they're being greatly aided by those who stoke division and hate on both sides... thus fueling ever more extremists/terrorists and nut jobs doing these heinous acts.

So we should all just sit back and have a beer and let the tiny group of extremist fundamentalists in a large amount of countries on the plant just do what they need to do then hope they will get bored and just stop!  

Pull the other one...its got bells on 

Edited by Caps

I expect the same will happen in my country of birth Sweden soon. 2 days ago police were attacked by muslim gangs in Trollhättan:  http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/06/17/swedish-police-attacked-100-masked-migrant-youths/ In the news they did not mention that the attackers were muslims.

Earlier this year Swedish police officer Peter Springare said that migrants were committing a disproportionate amount of crime in problem suburbs. He said that almost all of the serious criminal cases that came across his desk involved migrants; comments that saw him investigated for “racial hatred”,

2 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

So deliberately trying to kill innocent people is understandable,. You are as bad at the Islamic fundamentalists

Understandable and predictable but not justifiable. This is probably just the start....?

1 minute ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

I expect the same will happen in my country of birth Sweden soon. 2 days ago police were attacked by muslim gangs in Trollhättan:  http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/06/17/swedish-police-attacked-100-masked-migrant-youths/ In the news they did not mention that the attackers were muslims.

Earlier this year Swedish police officer Peter Springare said that migrants were committing a disproportionate amount of crime in problem suburbs. He said that almost all of the serious criminal cases that came across his desk involved migrants; comments that saw him investigated for “racial hatred”,

Typical...its only racial hatred when a white says something, but its called freedom of speech if you are black, brown, yellow, olive etc and want to say something.

1 minute ago, Caps said:
4 minutes ago, sujoop said:

So we should all just sit back and have a beer and let the tiny group of extremist fundamentalists in a large amount of countries on the plant just do what they need to do/  Hope they will get bored and just stop!  

Or, choose  to instead assist ISIS twisted goals by spreading division and hate. Up to you.

1 minute ago, Caps said:

So that condones what they do...have done, in their countries and to each other?  

Nothing condones it.  

But it would be on the 3rd page in the news, confined to the Middle East were it not for our own meddling.  Assuming they wouldn't have worked it out themselves long ago without the colonial boot on their necks keeping them compliant.

You and I are beneficiaries of centuries of exploitation of the 3rd world by our ancestors, who either didn't see, or didn't give a rat about the long term unintended consequences.  We're paying the price today.

2 minutes ago, Caps said:

So we should all just sit back and have a beer and let the tiny group of extremist fundamentalists in a large amount of countries on the plant just do what they need to do then hope they will get bored and just stop!  

No, you forgot. We're supposed to create hashtags, hold candlelight vigils, paint our FB pages in the colors of the country of victims, and bleat about love.  Wonder how Katy Perry will respond to this attack.

48 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Following the reasoning of many on here, all white men should now condemn this attack.

So far most comments here are 'wrong but understandable'.

U would prefer " shocking, unprovoked and uncalled for"?

Edited by JHolmesJr

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Nothing condones it.  

But it would be on the 3rd page in the news, confined to the Middle East were it not for our own meddling.  Assuming they wouldn't have worked it out themselves long ago without the colonial boot on their necks keeping them compliant.

You and I are beneficiaries of centuries of exploitation of the 3rd world by our ancestors, who either didn't see, or didn't give a rat about the long term unintended consequences.  We're paying the price today.

So you think we should have just sat back and let them get on with the atrocities, butchering, oppression, systematic torture and killing?   Can't have it both ways, we either meddle as you put it or just sit back and let them get on with it.

You are getting boring with the centuries ago stuff...we didn't live in the centuries ago, we live now in a supposedly civil planet...unless your muslim

35 minutes ago, Caps said:

the problems involving muslims in nearly every single country on the planet where they infest. 

ISIS would sardonically thank you for your unwitting servitude in spreading hate and division thus greatly aiding them.  Can't possibly achieve their sick goals without such propagation.

8 minutes ago, sujoop said:

Or, choose  to instead assist ISIS twisted goals by spreading division and hate. Up to you.

They don't need assistance....and I would rather not sit and wait 

7 minutes ago, sujoop said:

What do you suggest we do, hold hands and dance around in a circle with daisys in our hair singing 'We Shall Overcome?'

1 minute ago, sujoop said:

ISIS would sardonically thank you for your unwitting servitude in spreading hate and division thus greatly aiding them.  Can't possibly achieve their sick goals without such propagation.

they are welcome....it won't change my opinion

Just now, vogie said:

What do you suggest we do, hold hands and dance around in a circle with daisys in our hair singing 'We Shall Overcome?'

Yes but only from safety and not from the middle of Mosul or Raqqa.  I wonder if all this hug a muslim would be the same if god forbid one of their families were caught up in it?  

Civil war in the U.K. was first predicted many years ago and continually has been since by many prominent polititions. With the amount of attacks in Europe by a certain demographic, Im surprised it has taken this long. Expect to see this escalate over the coming years. Of course now there will be a great expense of road barriers and police protection based at prominent similar places throughout the U.K all paid for by the suffering tax payer. The emergency services reacted as quickly as any other incident whereby they received admiration for their efforts, yet it is reported here they were received with hostility.

Shadow home Secretary Dianne Abotte after a miraculous recovery from media embarrasment has already called for extra police security for ALL mosques throughout the UK.......not a peep from her after the bridge attack except blaming it on the Government.

Edited by baansgr
extra details

4 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Of course now there will be a great expense of road barriers and police protection based at prominent similar places throughout the U.K all paid for by the suffering tax payer. The emergency services reacted as quickly as any other incident whereby they received admiration for their efforts, yet it is reported here they were received with hostility

I believe you are correct and that is my argument that the multiculturalism that has been imposed on the UK and Europe, is destined to fail. It already has really, it is just waiting to implode.

8 minutes ago, vogie said:
18 minutes ago, sujoop said:

Certainly wasn't suggesting any such thing, rather, simply pointing out your tact and others is actually fueling our  adversary  and  creating/emboldening more extremists/nutters on both sides. However, act as you see fit to which will help most.

Just now, sujoop said:

Certainly wasn't suggesting any such thing, rather, simply pointing out your tact and others is actually fueling our  adversary  and  creating/emboldening more extremists/nutters on both sides. However, act as you see fit to which will help most.

To be honest I don't give a rats tail about what ISIS thinks, the sooner they are dispatched the better.

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I believe you are correct and that is my argument that the multiculturalism that has been imposed on the UK and Europe, is destined to fail. It already has really, it is just waiting to implode.

While I don't disagree, it's just as likely to be triggered by cheap Eastern European laborers as by Muslim refugees.  I'd contend that both factions are being exploited to divert attention from the looting that's going on in the guise of economic growth.  Our collective leadership have failed the masses (that's us) in favor of taking care of the wealthy and corporations.  Everyday Joe's are seeing their futures and their kids' futures evaporate.  They're worried and who can blame them?

But it's hard to tell where the scapegoat arrow will land on the next spin of the wheel.

12 minutes ago, baansgr said:

The emergency services reacted as quickly as any other incident whereby they received admiration for their efforts, yet it is reported here they were received with hostility

That's quite strange since they were holding the perpetrator and waiting for the police to arrive. It's possible you're relying on an early report from a confused scene? 

Also being reported that an imam from the mosque was ensuring that the man arrested came to no harm before being handed over.

I personally tend to think these sorts of acts - both those committed in the name of Islam (or any other religion or ideology) and those supposedly against it - have much less to do with the supposed belief system than to the psychology of the individual.  These are  disturbed, hate-filled  people, almost always "nobodies" with an urge to make a name for themselves, as well as to act out their hostilities.

When, oh when, will the media stop feeding this by publicizing the names, photos, and biographies of the perpetrators? Every time there is one of those "why did he do it?" articles, it inspires others. 

I am not saying this sort of thing would totally stop if there were a media black-out on the names, photos and details of the killers, but it would certainly help.

As it currently stands, anyone with a smoldering sense of grievance and desire for recognition can become a celebrity (and even a hero in the eyes of some) through a random act of violence. That is an opportunity many just can't pass up. We need to stop it.