London/Finsbury Park: 'Several hurt' as vehicle hits pedestrians

webfact

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Succinctly put!

Unfortunately that would be the scenario, it would escalate from Terrorist/British to Muslim/British. Such is the effect of tit-for-tat reprisals.

I think it may be going off this weekend in Stratford lots of old school West Ham and with any other teams supporters welcome . Cant see old bill letting it happen but it will make a statement of intent

12 hours ago, Prbkk said:

I'd like to think you are correct in suggesting that millennials will be a positive force. What a pity that they couldn't turn out to vote on Brexit; maybe too busy live streaming their avocado toast or quinoa salad lunch on Facebook. They did turn out in greater numbers to vote for 'free-lunch' Corbyn .

Yep, and a number of students voted twice, once in their own homes and again in their universities, quoted from Nigel Farrage!

1 hour ago, iReason said:

Donald Trump fails to address terror attack on London mosque and murdered Muslim woman

He's much quicker to express condolences when Muslims attack western nations, critics note (sub-title)

"Donald Trump has failed to personally acknowledge the attack on members of a mosque in London,

and the murder of a Muslim teenager in Virginia, prompting critics to attack his silence."

"Fifteen hours after a man drove a van into a group of Muslims near a London mosque, killing at least one and injuring 10 others, there was still no note of condolences from the President, the Washington Post posted in an editorial analysing Mr Trump’s response to terrorist attacks."

"He tweeted three and a half hours after the Paris attacks in November 2015, roughly 90 minutes after the San Bernardino, California attack, and fewer than 12 hours after an EgyptAir flight went missing in 2016, the editorial read."

So what is it about Trump not posting his condolences you are not happy with? He has already admitted he doesnt like muslims. So if he had sent condolences, you and all the other drum bangers would be up in arms calling him a hypocrite.

IMO all members of parliaments should be banned from social media anyway

You probably have seen the link I am about to post, so I would like to ask you what you think about this . . . 

45 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

So what is it about Trump not posting his condolences you are not happy with?

He has already admitted he doesnt like muslims.

So if he had sent condolences, you and all the other drum bangers would be up in arms calling him a hypocrite.

:blink:

You appear awfully distressed over an english news outlet's take on an American news story.

Or me, for posting it. (with no commentary)

"So what is it about Trump not posting his condolences you are not happy with?"

A truly bizarre, baseless interpretation. Which exists only in your fervent mind.

Speak to the Independent, who wrote the article.

"So if he had sent condolences, you and all the other drum bangers would be up in arms calling him a hypocrite."

You are just making stuff up.

:coffee1:

P.S.

Incidentnoun  a violent event, such as a fracas or assault

Edited by iReason

8 hours ago, chrisinth said:

So, now we have reached the stage of reprisal attacks.

That stage was officially reached when the first plane hit the tower.

This the reprisal for the reprisals for the reprisals the reprisals.

Edited by onthesoi

It all depends on whether you google incident or terror attack.

i think it is called spinning.

17 hours ago - Man in custody after Finsbury Park terror attack. This live blog is closing now. Below is a summary of the day's events: One person died and 11 ...

Finsbury Park terror attack: Man killed in van crash outside London ...

www.independent.co.uk › News › UK › Home News

2 hours ago - The man who died following the Finsbury Park terror attack has been named locally as Makram Ali. Mr Ali was receiving first aid after collapsing near the Muslim Welfare House after Ramadan prayers early on Monday morning, when a van struck the crowd, injuring 11 people.

terror attack Finsbury Park - The Independent

www.independent.co.uk › News › UK › Crime

6 hours ago - Comments “glorifying” the Finsbury Park terror attack have been reported to the Government's terror alert system amid fears of further atrocities.

Finsbury Park terror attack: What we know so far after van driver ...

www.mirror.co.uk › News › UK News › Finsbury Park mosque attack

1 day ago - One person died at the scene and eight others were rushed to hospital after a van ploughed into pedestrians outside the Muslim Welfare House ...

Finsbury Park Mosque attack latest: Theresa May vows hatred and evil ...

www.telegraph.co.uk › News

10 hours ago - Theresa May has vowed that "hatred and evil" of the kind seen in the terror attack on a north London mosque that left one man dead and ...

Everything we know about the victims of the Finsbury Park mosque ...

2 hours ago - Everything we know about the victims of the Finsbury Park mosque terror attack. The scene of the mosque attack Credit: EPA/FACUNDO ...

Theresa May: Finsbury Park terror attack 'every bit as sickening' as ...

1 day ago - The Finsbury Park terror attack is “every bit as sickening” as the Manchester and London Bridge atrocities, Theresa May has said. The Prime ...

2 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I think it may be going off this weekend in Stratford lots of old school West Ham and with any other teams supporters welcome . Cant see old bill letting it happen but it will make a statement of intent

Interesting. I live there. Will have to make a few calls to see if genuine or some wannabes on facebook

1 hour ago, iReason said:

:blink:

You appear awfully distressed over an english news outlet's take on an American news story.

Or me, for posting it. (with no commentary)

"So what is it about Trump not posting his condolences you are not happy with?"

A truly bizarre, baseless interpretation. Which exists only in your fervent mind.

Speak to the Independent, who wrote the article.

"So if he had sent condolences, you and all the other drum bangers would be up in arms calling him a hypocrite."

You are just making stuff up.

:coffee1:

P.S.

Incidentnoun  a violent event, such as a fracas or assault

What ever gives you the impression I am awfully distressed? Why on earth would I be distressed about anything? Im loving life . . .  The Blues are in number 10, the reds keep showing themselves up for what they really are, Trump is in the White house, oh and Brexit is just around the corner :D just keeps getting better each day for me. Oh and "the master race" is now fighting back.

My apologies for taxing your brain with what was really a very simple question, funny how you cannot stop giving your opinions but when asked for it, you decline. I cannot ask the Independent how you feel about it, that would be another waste of my time obviously hahaha 

Looking forward very much to the future - how about you? Oh, sorry, you wont answer that question, just swerve around it AGAIN

Just shows your apathy kid when you say an incident is a violent event, anything can be an incident

You are so transparent. Enjoy all day tomorrow on your laptop getting angry AGAIN ;)

6 hours ago, Walter Travolta said:

<SNIP> . Oh and "the master race" is now fighting back.

In the context of the OP one assumes a sympathiser for white ethnic terrorism. In The Times newspaper it has just been reported that 37% of terror arrests in reporting year up to  March 2017, in the UK, were of 'ethnic whites'. Goes to show the UK and other country security agencies were spot on regards the threat to stability and security represented by white extremists; perhaps more importantly diversion of resources to focus on Islamist terror threats by these self defined "Patriots".

Edited by simple1

6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

In the context of the OP one assumes a sympathiser for white ethnic terrorism. In The Times newspaper it has just been reported that 37% of terror arrests up to year March 2017, in the UK, were of 'ethnic whites'. Goes to show the UK and other country security agencies were spot on regards the threat to stability and security represented by white extremists; perhaps more importantly diversion of resources to focus on Islamist terror threats by these self defined "Patriots".

Very True!!...And Trump et al. are bound to take the wrong stances as  blinded by their aversion to muslim nations (but not their money of course). They  may omit to clean up their own "sala" and bypass the domestic breeds of terror and hate that would cause equivalent casualties amongst innocent compatriotes. It's time to realise that terrorism is not a matter of race ethnicity or colour but rather a global issue of hate, uneducation, frustration that a fueled on both sides of the wall!

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

In The Times newspaper it has just been reported that 37% of terror arrests in reporting year up to  March 2017, in the UK, were of 'ethnic whites'. Goes to show the UK and other country security agencies were spot on regards the threat to stability and security represented by white extremists; perhaps more importantly diversion of resources to focus on Islamist terror threats by these self defined "Patriots".

Please clarify or give an accessible source.  I can't tell whether 'ethnic whites' includes Moslem converts.

19 minutes ago, Richard W said:

Please clarify or give an accessible source.  I can't tell whether 'ethnic whites' includes Moslem converts.

Did not read the article, but just by using my brains: no, it does not include muslim converts.

14 minutes ago, Richard W said:

Looking to refute - LOL I quoted from the "The Times" article in the local Oz national newspaper. Below is another example for 2016, not 2017, but you will get the picture. BTW, can't be bothered to look it up for a link, as another example there were 800+ murders by white supremacists groups (domestic terrorists) in the US in the past 30 years. Ain't a one sided terror campaign is it.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/the-times/london-mosque-attack-uk-farright-fans-flames-of-hate-as-arrests-of-extremists-soar/news-story/aeaee13fe952ee0c05071c8136895d71

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4298338/One-three-terror-suspects-arrested-white.html

7 hours ago, onthesoi said:

That stage was officially reached when the first plane hit the tower.

This the reprisal for the reprisals for the reprisals the reprisals.

That was a different country, different organization. Or do you believe it is about an entire religion making war against the west? Come on..................

This is about terror organizations using religion as an excuse for their acts and recruitment. It is not about the masses that follow that particular religion.

Anyway, I am talking about the UK, and reprisals carried out using the same methods as have been used in previous attacks against mostly innocent people.

The main weapons of any terrorist organization are the acts of terror they carry out and the media. As far as the media goes, the more 'clickbait' headlines, the more dramatization of an incident, the more un-qualified opinions made by reporters, the more damage is done. On the victim's side both fear and anger are generated. On the terrorist side, the recruitment doors are fully open for the fence-sitters. 

The above is obviously my opinion (and experience in a different life) only, and I fully realize and appreciate other's opinions, so this isn't a dig at anyone.

Cheers,

C

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Looking to refute - LOL I quoted from the "The Times" article in the local Oz national newspaper. Below is another example for 2016, not 2017, but you will get the picture. BTW, can't be bothered to look it up for a link, as another example there were 800+ murders by white supremacists groups (domestic terrorists) in the US in the past 30 years. Ain't a one sided terror campaign is it.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/the-times/london-mosque-attack-uk-farright-fans-flames-of-hate-as-arrests-of-extremists-soar/news-story/aeaee13fe952ee0c05071c8136895d71

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4298338/One-three-terror-suspects-arrested-white.html

I thought Finsbury Park was in London, not Australia. OFF TOPIC

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I thought Finsbury Park was in London, not Australia. OFF TOPIC

Try reading again - quoting from UK media and ON TOPIC

Edited by simple1

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

Try reading again - quoting from UK media content

Such as The Australian?

What's all this white supremacist tosh? One angry Brit lashed out. Not justifiable but understandable. There is a certain symmetry about this don't you think?

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Such as The Australian?

What's all this white supremacist tosh? One angry Brit lashed out. Not justifiable but understandable. There is a certain symmetry about this don't you think?

If you want to comment, first of all read the content. The Australian  quoted from The Times who referenced HMG reported stats.

No one should attempt to justify murder of civilians, no matter your attempted disclaimer. Regards your last sentence, IMO white supremacists who carry out murder are 'ethnic white' terrorists.

18 minutes ago, simple1 said:

If you want to comment, first of all read the content. The Australian  quoted from The Times who referenced HMG reported stats.

No one should attempt to justify murder of civilians, no matter your attempted disclaimer. Regards your last sentence, IMO white supremacists who carry out murder are 'ethnic white' terrorists.

Caucasian? Does it matter? Non Muslim is probably more relevant.

One angry Brit flew off the handle and drove a van into a bunch of Muslims. Unacceptable behaviour? Yes of course. Terrorist? I don't think so.