Where Governments find a new way to screw us over!

With out a doubt I find driving anywhere in Australia a relaxing experience after a 6 month stay here in Thailand. BUT:

There are NO end of occasions where the governments, of ALL states, come up with a new initiative/excuse to screw their tax payers/drivers over - this is the latest from Victoria:-

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-19/victoria-fines-for-not-slowing-down-emergency-services-vehicles/8631884

Makes you wonder if "ambulance chasing" lawyers aren't going to be matched by radar equipped Traffic Fine contractors!

During my last trip to South Australia; on returning from visiting my elderly mother, we (my sister driving) were pinged doing 62 kmh (fine =AUD $423.00) in a so called 50 kmh zone on a rural road in the middle of no where (long straight road out of Strathalbyn) - It is a country area with fencing and cattle - NOT built up residential - So why the zoning = revenue raising! Beware this type of crap goes on all over the state of S.A.

There is much more but RANT over for now!

I know why I spend 10 months of the year (past 17 years) here in Thailand. Just sick of being screwed over.

Edited by bdenner

Heading West yes but East no. Coming out and turning right onto this road there are no warnings. Anyone unfamiliar with the location would assume they are in a rural area. We were pinged and photoed from behind!