‘My sister didn’t kill herself’: woman killed by train chides social media

webfact

‘My sister didn’t kill herself’: woman killed by train chides social media users
By The Nation

f6363d0ad2b8dfcc41b3807f7d976f9e.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- The younger sister of Rosarin Plianlar, a pregnant woman killed when she fell in front of an Airport Rail Link train at the Bagkok's Ban Thap Chang Station on Monday, insisted Rosarin did not commit suicide and advised people to be careful when consuming news on social media.

"My sister didn't commit suicide. Her life was great, her family was warm and her job was good. People should read news carefully," said the sister's Twitter post on Monday night.

She responded to reports and speculation on social media that Rosarin, who was six months pregnant, might have committed suicide.

The post received many responses from people expressing their condolences with Rosarin’s family.

Rosarin's husband Piyapong Rorbkorb told police his wife had severe morning sickness and often felt dizzy, according to Pol Captain Preecha Boon-aree, a deputy inspector at Makkasan Railway Police Station. 

Police were also told by Rosarin's friends that she often felt faint and had just learned she was having a boy. 

It was reported that she was looking after herself and was carrying a bag with a pack of cut apples when she died.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30318588

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-20

10 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I thought that the local consensus was that she was fatigued, or otherwise feeling unwell, in part due to her pregnancy, and that she fainted, and fell onto the tracks.

Yes, she has a history of blackouts and fainting spells during her pregnancy. There is absolutely nothing to suggest suicide ( acknowledged by witnesses, the rail company, the police, the medicos); a tragic accident. 

The culpability of the rail company , given the less than glacial speed with which it has installed the barriers, is yet to be determined ( some will recall the outrage in Thailand over the case of the young Thai girl injured in Singapore under similar circumstances). 

RIP

One troll post which was nothing but supposition has been removed.

I've talked about it with a few Thai persons and they mostly agree with this "troll" .. even if his theory was far fetched he had a point .

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Another report from the same source:

"seen on CCTV walking towards to the track and falling onto it"

"Witnesses said they saw the woman crying and heard her saying she wanted to die. They saw her jump onto the track, moments before the train arrived. "

Some discrepancy between that and the 'fainting' claim.

I've seen enough women faint: they crumple, downwards. It's pretty clear what happened here.

It is very difficult to know what to believe, but one of the senior Thai teachers at my university told me that she saw the incident and was convinced it was suicide. 

Tragic incident whatever the reason.

How can the woman killed by the train chide social media users?

I have see the video and she clearly walks towards the tracks, I wouldn't say she jumped but seems to fall forward. The lack of movement then makes me think she was knocked unconscious,  or possibly had fainted onto the tracks after walking forward disorientated. We will never know 

More worrying was the lack of response from the many security guards on the platform. There's normally three at that station platform though from what I have seen they are more interested in blowing their whistles and showing authority to foreigners taking photographs than actually doing any work. 

She "jumped" when the train was 50 meters away, 14 seconds before to get hit. What would you have done ? (Knowing that the train needs 100 meters to come to a full stop)

What's what I would do got to do with what the security on the platform should have been doing? :crazy:

To show you that they had no time to do anything. And to make you understand that before to criticize you should think. :)

Is there a emergency stop button inside the train or inside the train station?
If such incident occur, rush to activate the Emergency stop button. Unnecessary tragedies can be prevented, regardless suicide or accident cases.

Even so, what good will an emergency button do ? The train needs 100 meters to stop and she was 50 meters away.

3 minutes ago, Smokemachine said:

Is there a emergency stop button inside the train or inside the train station?
If such incident occur, rush to activate the Emergency stop button. Unnecessary tragedies can be prevented, regardless suicide or accident cases.

No....the emergency stop mechanism will only function if the train is at least 130 metres from the platform. That was confirmed by the company in the article in today's BP

8 hours ago, ddavidovsky said:

Another report from the same source:

"seen on CCTV walking towards to the track and falling onto it"

"Witnesses said they saw the woman crying and heard her saying she wanted to die. They saw her jump onto the track, moments before the train arrived. "

Some discrepancy between that and the 'fainting' claim.

I've seen enough women faint: they crumple, downwards. It's pretty clear what happened here.

if youve ever had vertigo or had to work on high and dangerous scaffolding you will understand the mind can play tricks on you with dizzyness ,nausea and  judging distance

the BTS company policy is  to pay 400k to the family if it was an accident but no compensation for  suicide 

since this case is unclear ,i would side with the family because the have lost a loved one regardless 

12 hours ago, Prbkk said:

No....the emergency stop mechanism will only function if the train is at least 130 metres from the platform. That was confirmed by the company in the article in today's BP

12 hours ago, jaymbkk said:

Even so, what good will an emergency button do ? The train needs 100 meters to stop and she was 50 meters away.

If the current emergency equipment doesn't help, the authorities perhaps need to enhance the emergency system. What can the engineers add to prevent the train from entering the station. 

The whole system is dodgy and beset with safety issues. As is expected, passenger safety comes a far distant second behind profit in the way this thing is run. Perhaps the tragedy of the pregnant woman is a one off event but it cannot be denied that the whole link is a monumental white elephant and by any measure a ludicrous joke when compared with other airports in the region and around the world.

How anyone could come up with such an absurdity is beyond comprehension.