Australian who fled accident scene and was chased by police hits and kills woman 50 in Udon

webfact

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I don't trade personal insults online which you obviously like to do  ..... but I notice that although you continually berate me for moralising, you haven't answered the question ……do you think as long as you have enough money, it's morally acceptable to kill someone and pay to avoid prison ??

Sorry, beneath my dignity to respond to such a ridicules, and down right ill considered question. 

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Yes giddyup .... I fully understand that and in this case it will just be a matter of how much money the farang has.

..... but I am being hounded,  sneered at and accused of moralising for finding it unacceptable that you can kill another human being and pay to avoid jail because they come from a poor family  ... so I wanted to know if this person finds it morally acceptable 

And btw do you ??

Of course I don't. I'm morally outraged every time I watch the Thai TV news and see the injustices done here, the rich virtually getting away with murder, but it's bad for my blood pressure, so I just have to accept it.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Of course I don't. I'm morally outraged every time I watch the Thai TV news and see the injustices done here, the rich virtually getting away with murder, but it's bad for my blood pressure, so I just have to accept it.

Thank you ..... we all know what goes on, and we have to accept it in the way we conduct our daily lives in Thailand; but it doesn't mean that we condone it, and we do not need to allow it to change the core values by which we personally live . ......... good of you to stick yer hand up, I appreciate it. .......   Tilacme says it is beneath his dignity to answer  

19 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Sorry, beneath my dignity to respond to such a ridicules, and down right ill considered question. 

Beneath your dignity eh ?

…. and what dignity is that, the dignity that encourages you to start an exchange of views with someone by aiming cheap-shot personal insults at them and being judgemental  ….. is that the dignity you are referring to …… doh 

9 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Beneath your dignity eh ?

…. and what dignity is that, the dignity that encourages you to start an exchange of views with someone by aiming cheap-shot personal insults at them and being judgemental  ….. is that the dignity you are referring to …… doh 

Its the dignity that doesn't not stand silently by while some pedestal farang moralist berates an honest view of Thai customs.  Go back to your posts  towards louse1953 and apologise.

1 hour ago, norfolkandchance said:

Is there going to be a vote on who was to blame at the end of this. It's all getting a bit repetitive

Give us a break TVN. You have milked this for all it's worth and it has just about run cold.

49 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Did you actually read my comment ??

It is nothing to do with understanding any customs

It is questioning the morality of them ....... but that is something you wouldn't understand 

So now you are saying this custom is immoral. 

How is the weathur up there on your horse?

Get back on topic.

This guy should compensate the family for their loss and he can avoid jail.

Edited by wow64

1 hour ago, wow64 said:

Explains the way he was driving as he was being shot at.

There was no 'hot pursuit' and nobody was firing any shots when he turned north of the main road (Phosri) in what looks like an attempt to cut across narrow back roads that would take him to the east ring road. He probably didn't even see any cops until the pillion cop shot out the tire and opened the door. If he was driving flat out, the scene of the fatal accident was at most about 6 minutes from Central Plaza where he had initially hit parked vehicles, alerting the security guard who called the cops when he didn't stop.

The video show him hitting the motorcycle and stopping on his side of the road with the bike jammed underneath.

Then he tries to drive off but the bike is embedded in his front end, jamming his steering and he ends up across the street half in a shallow ditch. All 3 bodies on the motorbike were catapulted clear and none were trapped underneath at any time.

After all this, the first police motorcycle arrives, pillion cop dismounts, draws, approaches, shoots out the front tire of the already stationary vehicle before opening the door.

Edited by NanLaew

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There was no 'hot pursuit' nobody was firing any shots when he turned north of the main road (Phosri) in what looks like an attempt to cut across narrow back roads that would take him to the east ring road. He probably didn't even see any cops until the pillion cop shot out the tire and opened the door. If he was driving flat out, the scene of the accident was at most about 6 minutes from Central Plaza where he had initially hit parked vehicles, alerting the security guard who called the cops when he didn't stop.

The video show him hitting the motorcycle and stopping on his side of the road with the bike jammed underneath.

Then he tries to drive off but the bike is embedded in his front end, jamming his steering and he ends up across the street half in a shallow ditch. All 3 bodies on the motorbike were catapulted clear and none were trapped underneath at any time.

After all this, the first police motorcycle arrives, pillion cop dismounts, draws, approaches, shoots out the front tire of the already stationary vehicle before opening the door.

He couldn't avoid the bike with shot out tires. 

Then the respected police officer shots the tires again for good measure.

It's clear why this happened.

Not defending the guy just looking at the facts.

Edited by wow64

Where is the cctv video?  All I have found is post crash videos.  And as for the tires being allegedly shot out.  From the videos 3 tires seem up and holding air, left front, and both rear.  one set of photos seems to show a bullet mark on the left front tire, but that tire seems to be up.  Can't tell what the right front looks like.

On 6/22/2017 at 9:29 PM, Boycie said:

CCTV footage of the chain of events. Please be advised that some viewers may find the video distressing.

(Please note, the CCTV is taken from a distance and no close up shots are screened. I would not post the video if i thought it was too graphic.)  

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1472697206286519/permalink/2059747487581485/

How does one view this video?  I don't have facebook

4 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

How does one view this video?  I don't have facebook

Just click the link on your phone or PC and sign into Facebook.

if you view the video it looks like the motorbike leaves the driveway into an oncoming car.. with or without shot out tires. Either way not sure it's the pickup drivers fault.

Edited by wow64

1 minute ago, wow64 said:

if you view the video it looks like the motorbike leaves the driveway into an oncoming car.. with or without shot out tires. Either way not sure it's the pickup drivers fault.

It is .

4 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Any insurance payouts will be 50/50, reflecting 50% blame on each of the parties in contributing to the fatal collision. Of course, if the Australian was drunk, his insurance (if he has any) will be null and void and he will be up for all costs, including compensation.

Even if he was under the influence of drink or drugs his insurance would still be valid in regards to 3rd party.

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I don't trade personal insults online which you obviously like to do  .....

Yes you do, you had one aimed at me removed earlier in the thread.

I don't have facebook

23 minutes ago, wow64 said:

What shot out tyres are you talking about that ensured he couldn't avoid the bike, the police supposedly in pursuit were miles behind the ute - so could you please explain,  how when and why?

23 minutes ago, wow64 said:

The tires were shot out after the truck was totally stationary, after it had hit the motorbike and after he had attempted to drive away with the bike stuck underneath.

The guy had for perfectly good tires from when he first got in the pickup that morning, went on the piss, hit some parked vehicles, decided to make a getaway, drove recklessly at high speed, hit the motorbike and right up until the pillion cop shot the front one.

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The tires were shot out after the truck was totally stationary, after it had hit the motorbike and after he had attempted to drive away with the bike stuck underneath.

The guy had for perfectly good tires from when he first got in the pickup that morning, went on the piss, hit some parked vehicles, decided to make a getaway, drove recklessly at high speed, hit the motorbike and right up until the pillion cop shot the front one.

Photos take after the accident show he had shot out tires. 

Doesn't make sense for police to shot out the tires after this.. they were chasing his obviously shooting from the pictures.. he was looking in his rear view avoiding bullets and a motorbike that didn't give way came into his path..

Starting to feel sorry for the guy. 

Edited by wow64

1 minute ago, anto said:

lucky you .

I actually made an account a few years ago just to view a friend's page where he had posted a lot of photos.  Now I can not log in.  As I recall, when I first made the account, I didn't use my real birthday.  Not particularly important, but now, I can't get in to the account as I have no idea of the date I used.  Facebook provides zero none nada support.  The default "get back in" hyper links just go round and round, change password, etc.  but always come back to the birth date, or send friends you had joined with or connected with or something like that. I did none of those things originally.  I have no i ntention of making another facebook account because I would have to use a new email.  The old one is tied to the original account so I can't use that.    On a slight tangent, as I see more and more sites, companies etc. using facebook, I am finding that they are inducing you to have to use facebook to get their information. To me that is a disgusting way to do business.  If a customer wants to look up a hotel's information or anything else, they have to go to facebook.  This is good for facebook and they get more information to data mine, but I find it bad that a customer is now forced to use facebook.

I guess I will make up another garbage email, then create a garbage facebook false information account.  If either of those services don't like it, then so be it

Doesn't make sense for police to shot out the tires after this.. they were chasing his obviously shooting from the pictures.. he was looking in his rear view avoiding bullets and a motorbike that didn't give way came into his path..

I don't see 3 flat tires in any of the photos I looked at.  They might have bullets in them, but they are not flat on the road

3 minutes ago, wow64 said:

The video clearly shows the police officer who was riding pillion get off the bike and shoot at the tires of the stationary pickup after the fatal crash.

5 minutes ago, wow64 said:

You watch too many BS American police movies.

If you like to check back, someone posted the timing between the accident and arrival of the police, from memory quite some time.

2 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I don't see 3 flat tires in any of the photos I looked at.  They might have bullets in them, but they are not flat on the road

I was under the impression that a bullets should hit the side wall of the tyre to flat it out. The policeman appears to fire one shot at each near side tyres but into the tread.

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

>>

>> I guess I will make up another garbage email, then create a garbage facebook false information account.  If either of those services don't like it, then so be it<<

Zuckerberg works for the hidden state .I don't want them knowing my real information .I joined with a false name and date of birth .They have not twigged yet .When they do it will be time to leave anyway .

Just now, wow64 said:

Photos after after the accident show he had shot out tires. 

Yes, photos taken after he had hit the motorbike and finally stopped on the grass verge on the other side of the road from the initial point of impact shows a bullet impact on the front, passenger tire. Curiously, the tire still looks fully inflated.

Doesn't make sense for police to shot out the tires after this.. they were chasing his obviously shooting from the pictures.. he was looking in his rear view avoiding bullets and a motorbike that didn't give way came into his path.

With the driver behind the wheel, engine running and still making efforts to escape, of course they would shoot out the tires to disable the vehicle before attempting to apprehend the driver. He has already fled from 3 hit-and-run accidents, 2 of them on stationary vehicles some time earlier at Central Plaza (that raised the initial alarm) and the last one the fatal one about 20 seconds before they arrived on the scene.

With a reported blood alcohol level of 102 mg/dl (over twice the legal limit), I can pretty much guarantee he wasn't looking out the back window and ducking bullets. He was probably trying to get in front of the slower pickup ahead before the road narrows down and passing is just about impossible. He was probably doing around 60 kph when he rounded that corner and hit the bike.

10 minutes ago, wow64 said:

Empathy is always a good thing, even when somewhat misdirected.