Irish man dies in road collision in Chiang Rai

webfact

Irish man dies in road collision in Thailand

Catherine Devine  

An Irish man has died after a road collision in Thailand on Tuesday night.

It's believed the man in his 30s was originally from Co Longford and was working as an English teacher in Thailand.

The accident happened in the Chiang Rai province.

Full story: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-man-dies-in-road-collision-in-thailand-35851872.html

-- INDEPENDENT 2017-06-22

According to our source, a driver rolled his car after hitting something (the curb?) striking the foreigner during the roll.  EMT were on the scene quickly but to no avail.

A Thai scandal sheet photographer took some pics showing the teacher lying naked on the roadway after being treated by the EMTs.  Some really despicable comments were made about this (source:  Line images).

I do NOT know the details of the case, only what I have reported here.

15 hours ago, Rotweiler said:

According to our source, a driver rolled his car after hitting something (the curb?) striking the foreigner during the roll.  EMT were on the scene quickly but to no avail.

A Thai scandal sheet photographer took some pics showing the teacher lying naked on the roadway after being treated by the EMTs.  Some really despicable comments were made about this (source:  Line images).

I do NOT know the details of the case, only what I have reported here.

shameful.

2 minutes ago, balo said:

The driver could have been influenced by alcohol or drugs, I hope he will be sentenced for manslaughter. 

That would be quite severe, convicting him for manslaughter, just because you think something could have happened

She had her arm broken - which is lightweight, considering the severity of the crash. 

Because this is Thailand, the driver (because he's Thai) is not even being looked at, in terms of his homicidal driving.   Imagine if the driver was a farang and the person killed was the son of a Thai policeman or politician - there would be an public uproar to charge the driver with manslaughter.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

‘’We don’t know how the driver crashed. We have not been able to investigate with him yet.”

- Pattaya One

They don't know how the driver crashed?!   I do.  He was driving waaaaaaaaaaay too fast, and was probably drunk.   He hit a curb and the tremendous speed caused the car to go airborne and spin twice before crashing.   Who are the investigators?   Some turkey chicks who just got hatched out of eggs?

Edited by boomerangutang

An Irish man has died after a road collision in Thailand on Tuesday night.

It's believed the man in his 30s was originally from Co Longford and was working as an English teacher in Thailand.

The accident happened in the Chiang Rai province.

Full story: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-man-dies-in-road-collision-in-thailand-35851872.html

-- INDEPENDENT 2017-06-22

i did not know John but for anyone on here who cares John as now been cremated the many many messages of condolences can be found by doing a simple search and it goes without saying his friends and family are devastated at their loss.

RIP John

https://www.facebook.com/Admintlc/videos/vb.100004104821205/1191487467664736/?type=2&theater

This is the video from the Rescue Team as noted in post 63. Probably need facebook to view it.

Thanks for posting this .

A very clear account by the officers, not of the cause of the accident but at least clears up the rumours about the state of dress of John and the lady passenger in the back seat restoring some respect to this tragic incident.

Very sad how this topic quickly turned into a scandal implying he was having sex in the back when the car was involved in the incident.

Those of us who made " humourless " comments about a mans death should be ashamed of ourselves, myself included !!

RIP John

A post commenting on moderation has been removed.   The anguish that some feel over the loss of another is understandable, but please try to keep on topic and if you feel that posts are in violation of forum rules, click on the report button.  

Any word on whether the driver is being charged for breaking laws?  Judging by the video, it appears he was breaking several laws.    Good thing it happened at night with few people around.  If anyone had been on that section of sidewalk at that location, they would have been smashed to a pulp.