Best value pick up to buy new now?

What do you think would happen if they tried to destroy a new Revo? Pickup trucks have gotten a lot more refined and are certainly not as tough as in the past. Some people have incredible brand loyalty. I have no brand loyalty. Years ago the company I worked for bought me a new Isuzu. It idled rough and the fenders shook at stop lights. I swore I would never buy an Isuzu. Things change. I now have an Isuzu V-Cross. That rough idling noisy engine is history. At highway speed, you cannot even hear the engine. When I was shopping for a new truck, I test drove many of what was available. The Isuzu was a major surprise, quiet, tight and a decent ride. I was really wanting a Toyota but the price and dealer irritated me. I went directly back to Isuzu and ordered exactly what I wanted. Isuzu gave me more truck for the baht. No regrets here.

Exactly. 25 years ago Toyota was king with regard to small pickups, today they are middling. Things change.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you think would happen if they tried to destroy a new Revo? Pickup trucks have gotten a lot more refined and are certainly not as tough as in the past. Some people have incredible brand loyalty. I have no brand loyalty. Years ago the company I worked for bought me a new Isuzu. It idled rough and the fenders shook at stop lights. I swore I would never buy an Isuzu. Things change. I now have an Isuzu V-Cross. That rough idling noisy engine is history. At highway speed, you cannot even hear the engine. When I was shopping for a new truck, I test drove many of what was available. The Isuzu was a major surprise, quiet, tight and a decent ride. I was really wanting a Toyota but the price and dealer irritated me. I went directly back to Isuzu and ordered exactly what I wanted. Isuzu gave me more truck for the baht. No regrets here.

Yeah I'm not so naive to think a Revo would stand up to that abuse it was the pedigree of the vehicle I was getting at. Your right with brand loyalty and that was the one of the deciding factor if I'm honest as when we tested the Isuzu I was impressed with it , nice and solid , well finished and smooth gear change. Had Toyotas in the UK after years of Vauxhalls and Fords and there was no comparison so I stuck with what I was happy with despite one of my friends telling me the front of the Revo looks like a Chinese amphibious car.Needless to say he'll be taking a taxi from Swampy next time he comes[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived