What do ya'll think of the new CX-5?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Skyboogie said:

It's much smaller. The CR-V is the appropriate comparison. 

Only a little smaller, looked at both (I am 6ft 2in ) and bought the HRV, very happy, fuel consumption unreally good

Price wise the CRV is more comparable to the C5

At around 500,000 less than the CRV and C5 I opted for the HRV; for two people the HRV is not so much smaller than the CRV /C5

I very much like the electric drivers seat, nice for small adjustments when driving, I wish we had the electric seat adjustment for the passengers seat, for when wife is driving

4 hours ago, Skyboogie said:

I think it's a notch above it's class and can hold it's own against similar base model premium crossovers.

Agreed. Why would you buy an X3 now they are assembled in the USA and build quality is so poor. BMW = Big Money Waster. I'm thinking of disposing of my HR-V when this new model arrives.  

3 minutes ago, tharae said:

. I'm thinking of disposing of my HR-V when this new model arrives.  

There is little doubt the C5 is better than the HRV

But is it better value, my opinion no

How much do you think it would cost to change, my guesstimate is 800,000

8 minutes ago, al007 said:

There is little doubt the C5 is better than the HRV

But is it better value, my opinion no

How much do you think it would cost to change, my guesstimate is 800,000

Bit difficult to assess whether or not the HR-V is better value at this point since the new CX-5 hasn't arrived yet and I haven't seen pricing.  So I'll hold judgement until then. The HR-V is good value though,  except for the CVT trans.  Not a fan of that.  Any more than a 500k changeover would  become less attractive to me.

Bit difficult to assess whether or not the HR-V is better value at this point since the new CX-5 hasn't arrived yet and I haven't seen pricing.  So I'll hold judgement until then. The HR-V is good value though,  except for the CVT trans.  Not a fan of that.  Any more than a 500k changeover would  become less attractive to me.

At current Thai prices the entry level CX5 is 1.2MB whereas the entry level HR-V is 933K baht so HR-V is definitely the more affordable of the 2.

1 minute ago, mark5335 said:

At current Thai prices the entry level CX5 is 1.2MB whereas the entry level HR-V is 933K baht so HR-V is definitely the more affordable of the 2.

For the base?!! Whoa.  I got this loaded top spec GT for 1.1m (32,446 USD). 

Bought my CX5 in june 2014. love it. had ZERO go wrong with it so far (wheres the wood) except to replace the battery after 2 years, same as every car in Thailand. The CX5 in Australia costs 850,00 baht, the same spec, built in the same place, CX5 in Thailand cost approx. 1.3 million baht, that's the only thing that stops me getting a new one. i'll make this one last until Thailand adopts the ASEAN pricing and does away with its crazy tarrifs. hope you enjoy your new CX5 as much as I have

1 hour ago, al007 said:

Honda HRV better value

We have just bought the Honda HRV, after looking at the CX5. I must admit the HRV is a very nice car, it's a bit slow in acceleration (1.8LT. engine) and lacks GPS. Compared to the CX5, it's very good value considering the price difference (about BHT250K).However, depending what one really wants a car for, one can't really compare. Both are good, nice and reasonably priced vehicles.

Bought my CX5 in june 2014. love it. had ZERO go wrong with it so far (wheres the wood) except to replace the battery after 2 years, same as every car in Thailand. The CX5 in Australia costs 850,00 baht, the same spec, built in the same place, CX5 in Thailand cost approx. 1.3 million baht, that's the only thing that stops me getting a new one. i'll make this one last until Thailand adopts the ASEAN pricing and does away with its crazy tarrifs. hope you enjoy your new CX5 as much as I have

We also own and love the CX-5 (Diesel) since it's introduction in Thailand. We upgraded to the face lifted models last year. The main reason was the better active safety features.

We will probably change to the new model. We have a good connection with our Mazda dealer (Petchaburi) and the bank and we were always able to make a good deal.

Mazda prioritise alway the driving dynamics over space. So the CX-3 has less space than its rivals (Honda HR-V). The the same is with the CX-5 the CR-V.

The new CR-V get a little bigger indeed and has now a 7-seat option, like the Nissan X-Trail.

It depends, which features are more important to you. I personally prefer style and driving dynamics over space - and the new CX-5 looks great.

There are rumours, that Mazda will also introduce a new 7-seater for the global market below the CX-9. The new CX-8 seems to be reserved for Japan.

1 hour ago, Skyboogie said:

For the base?!! Whoa.  I got this loaded top spec GT for 1.1m (32,446 USD). 

You bought a left-hand drive version in Thailand or are you just taking the US price and applying the going exchange rate?

Edited by nahkit

1 hour ago, tirekicker said:

The Honda HRV is hopelessly outdated like so many other Honda models. 

Maybe just a provoking post by a " tirekicker"

In any case not my opinion from a former  Mercedes driver, a highly technical car with unbelievable fuel consumption