Appeal for blood as student fights for his life after foreigner killed mother and son in Udon

webfact

Appeal for blood as student fights for his life after foreigner killed mother and son in Udon

11pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

UDON THANI: -- An appeal for blood has been made on Facebook for a 15 year old boy who remains in a critical condition in hospital in Udon Thani.

Wacharaphon Naononthong, 15, was the only one of three who survived when an Australian man driving a pick-up hit him as he rode home after being picked up from school.

"Worawut Lakchan" appealed for donations of blood group A.

An earlier appeal for an portable defibrillator machine was also made.

But this appeared to come from the father of a ten year old boy who subsequently died from his injuries.

This was made on the page of "Charoen Janrak" who had made a heartfelt appeal for help to a "businessman, celebrity....anybody who can help my son by providing an AED machine. I don't want money".

A fifty year old woman died at the scene and her son died in hospital while the third fights for his life.

11.jpg

Picture: TNews

An Australian man is in custody. He had allegedly fled the scene of a minor accident and was being chased by police. He claimed he was being treated for mental problems in the north eastern Thai city.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-23

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, tonray said:

Seize whatever assets the bloke has in Thai banks and use that to help the family.

Regardless of how irresponsible the foreigner was remember this could happen to you!

Every time I have a near miss with a Thai and all his family on a motorcycle I count my blessings. 

They turn a corner and don't look, they cut in front and weave dangerously through traffic...

They drive without licences and expired licence plates. Back home it is a no brainer... you don't have a licence or your vehicle is unlicensed then you are automatically in the wrong.

Who knows what really happened. We will never know the truth.

I am sure the lady did not plan on dying so RIP to her and her grandson.

12 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Regardless of how irresponsible the foreigner was remember this could happen to you!

Every time I have a near miss with a Thai and all his family on a motorcycle I count my blessings. 

They turn a corner and don't look, they cut in front and weave dangerously through traffic...

They drive without licences and expired licence plates. Back home it is a no brainer... you don't have a licence or your vehicle is unlicensed then you are automatically in the wrong.

Who knows what really happened. We will never know the truth.

I am sure the lady did not plan on dying so RIP to her and her grandson.

Hard to feel sympathy for a guy trying to outrun the police after a minor accident who them mows down a family. Alcohol involved ? That's what I want to know.

The foreigner who's in the middle of all of this

will do well to take himself and his family and friends

to the hospital

and donate blood even though his blood type doesn't match,

this goodwill

gesture will only severs him well in the coming days....

Edited by ezzra

After foreigner killed........

It was a tragic accident by god.

It is quite clear this is a case of farang bashing.

Hope next time a Thai person has an accident and a foreigner is killed the headline will be "Thai killed".

But I am sorry for the victims of this accident.

And the Australian man, shame on you.

Edited by Ron19
Foul language

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

to the hospital

this goodwill

I understand your good willing suggestion but i am afraid that even ordain him to be a monk for a while won't do him any good.

This is tragedy......for all.

Sincere condolences offered and sharing blood request on my facebook account.

I wanted to donate blood on May 18 of this year here in Bangkok.

But they told me that, as I am a German, I cannot. That's because of the BSE crisis that was 20 or 30 years back in the UK. 

4 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

If your blood type is A negative, please donate.
Western people has far more Blood A than Thais.

Where does it say A-, I'm A+ which is much more common plus I've had malaria and innoculations for yellow fever, hep A + B and the other usuals for working round the world and I'm 56 so does this rule me out?.

24 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Post in very bad taste removed, two people have been killed and a third is fighting for his life, please show a modicum of decency.

Modicum.  I thought that I was the only person left on the planet who still used that word.

4 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

If your blood type is A negative, please donate.
Western people has far more Blood A than Thais.

and Rh - is actually the characteristic that is fairly rare among any ethnicity, but extremely rare among Thais.... something like only 1% of the population

if the guy or some of his friends have this type ... 

5 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Can anyone inform the hospital in Udon Thani? I am 32 years old live in Kalasin and have A- blood type. 

one should ask first, but most Red Cross facilities will accept a donation and allow it ear marked for a hospital and person in another location

6 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

I honestly don't see how killing a mother and her teenage son as a result of my fleeing the scene of an accident can happen to me. 

Had the woman (God rest her soul) been run down after turning in front of some poor guy on his way home from the market would be an entirely different story. 

Being involved in a tragedy can happen to anyone. Being a criminal is a choice. 

And if the guy is that mentally unstable he should no be driving.

Some people dont stop because there is a good chance that even though you where not at blame, it is assumed that you are at fault.. Had many mates, even with video evidence, still needing to pay a "token amount" for something clearly not of their doing...

As for the story, I find it hard to believe everything thats written and I do feel sorry that deaths occurred and hope that justice is done properly.

Of course his running from the scene wouldn't have anything to do with some of the writers here on TV? Saying how they would get the blame, be beaten up, thrown in jail, cut, shot murder etc. It could be out of panic from this type of hype, he drove away, only his panic and misjudgement ending badly. If he is insured (I hope), and not a wino who thinks he is above the law when it comes to the legal requirements, Then he should just have to live with his bad decisions. I know not the actual facts just the reporting facts, and I am sad that life has been lost, could or would their illegal behaviour have saved their lives, Crash helmet, overloaded motorbike, Who was controlling the motorbike, and position on road etc. We will never learn from the way the Thai police investigate traffic accidents.

Of course his running from the scene wouldn't have anything to do with some of the writers here on TV? Saying how they would get the blame, be beaten up, thrown in jail, cut, shot murder etc. It could be out of panic from this type of hype, he drove away, only his panic and misjudgement ending badly. If he is insured (I hope), and not a wino who thinks he is above the law when it comes to the legal requirements, Then he should just have to live with his bad decisions. I know not the actual facts just the reporting facts, and I am sad that life has been lost, could or would their illegal behaviour have saved their lives, Crash helmet, overloaded motorbike, Who was controlling the motorbike, and position on road etc. We will never learn from the way the Thai police investigate traffic accidents.

And had the bike not run up and stuck under the pickup he'd of likely have left the the victims to bleed out in the street and kept running.

I was going home two days ago on a saleng (3 wheeler) and was just about to turn left off a main road onto a side road when out pops a scooter from the left with husband, wife & child on it on my side of the road so I lock the brakes up as we were that close and he had the cheek to say to his wife that I was drunk. They weren't wearing crash helmets and these kind of incidents are not uncommon although it's more usual they turn left out of the junction without looking. We have a dash cam in the car but I might get a cheap digital camera to strap to myself for when riding the scooter or saleng, no wonder the road fatalities are as high as they are for motorbikes.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

to the hospital

this goodwill

Eh?? Isn't he being detained?