Too Ill to do 90-Day Report

The 90-day report is due this week for my wife.

She has been ill for several days and it's getting worse so we're off to the doctor today, and maybe hospital.

Can I do the 90-day report for her, or does she have to be physically present at the immigration office?

If she can't appear in person, can I get a doctor's note or something like that?

Many thanks for any help.

:smile:

IIt can be done

I have never done a disabled run to CW in Bangkok, but I have been their in a (supplied) wheelchair from the entrance for a visa extension while recuperating form an operation.

You CAN get a wheelchair at the entrance to CW if you need one, but you will need a helper to push you around immigration.

Not sure about other offices throughout the country, but I know that at CW wheelchair access is possible.

Been there, and done that.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
added a coment

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Anybody can do a persons 90 report, my wife does mine in Khonkaen, never a problem.

Yes, my driver sometimes does mine. I  just give him the passport and a photocopy of my passport ID page that I sign. Never has had a problem. He's usually in and out and back with it faster than if I go myself.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

makes one wonder why it even exists (yes i know the immigration act 1979)

It confirms that you're still here or otherwise the person doing the report for you wouldn't have your passport. I doubt, if your passport had been lost or stolen,  that someone who found it would go to the trouble of using it to do a 90 day report.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Anybody can do a persons 90 report, my wife does mine in Khonkaen, never a problem.

Yes Colin, but it all depends on the office, they all make up their own rules.

Though in your case it would be obvious to even a Immigration office, to what your situation is.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do the report for her. You will need her passport and a completed TM47 form signed by her.

If there's still time you can send it in by mail. No need for anyone to go there.

All explained on the Thai Immigration website.

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

makes one wonder why it even exists (yes i know the immigration act 1979)

It exists because someone needed to add an extra requirement to make it appear that he was "tough on farangs". That's it in a nutshell. It would serve a purpose if you changed your address, but merely reporting the same address every three months accomplishes nothing. This kind of thing is a hallmark of bureaucracies everywhere. "Requirement inflation" is even mentioned by Max Weber, who wrote the definitive work on bureaucracy.

Just now, Chip Allen said:

It would serve a purpose if you changed your address, but merely reporting the same address every three months accomplishes nothing.

It is a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country not a address report.

57 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

You may have two passports

Might have 2 passports but pretty useless here, you pretty much need to exit on the passport you enter with, unless you have received a new passport but still need to get your extension transferred or show your old passport for the original entrance stamp.

and as already said, if your not in the country then no need for a 90 day report

Edited by Doiger
  • Like 1

I do my daughters rather than take her out of school.

Not sure what a TM47 is, but I don't fill out any paperwork, just give the passpport to the officr and say 90 day report. They then give me the passport back all done. No problem at all.

On 6/23/2017 at 11:42 AM, Tapster said:

I didn't know that.

It seems strange that someone can do the report for you when you might not even be in Thailand!

Yeah! Stranger still that he could do this over the Internet.

But then when he leaves it would show up that he left. Also why you don't need to do the 90 day report when you are not there or go back and forth during this 90 days. Hum??? 

just drop it in the post.  huh?

the only extra work is to track 2 dates instead of one. when to send, when to expect it back. no one cares who mails it.

why go to the immigration office?

Edited by maewang99

So, here's what happened. 

Unfortunately my wife is in hospital and I have been so preoccupied that I didn't go to immigration within the seven days after the 90-day date. 

No problem, I thought. I'll just get a letter from the hospital explaining our situation and the compassionate immigration officer will let me off our 2,000 THB fine (each), for being late. 

No so. 

If the computer says your late you get fined, that's it, in all cases. 

No letter, argument or pleading will make any difference. 

I learned two things:

- Always go within the 14 days before / 7 days after window. 

- The late fine is 2,000 THB whether you are one day late or one year late...... These were the exact words of the immigration officer.