Mens dress sense

superal

9 hours ago, timkeen08 said:

Nothing looks so low class to me as someone wearing expensive penny loafers without socks.

Short memory!

I think this was you, wasn't it?, casting aspersions on the class of people wearing 'expensive penny loafers'.

30 minutes ago, timkeen08 said:

Your quote - You're only jealous because you can't afford the expensive loafers. Can't afford what? The time? So that makes you a what?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

No idea - pray explain?

Short memory!

I think this was you, wasn't it?, casting aspersions on the class of people wearing 'expensive penny loafers'.

People of all classes can purchase expensive items. You evidently want to make a post re: shoes and socks into something else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, grollies said:

Yep. Working outside, jeans, socks, boots, shirt and my 'farmers' hat, the one that covers head, face and neck. Hot? Hell yeah but plenty of rest breaks and water, no problem.

The only time I wear shorts is pool and beach. Even at home in the evenings jeans, shirt and socks.

Hope you recovered ok dude.

My post was always intended to be a look at yourself cos sometimes we let ourselves slip with the way we wear our clothes and maybe become complacent . Along with that has to be the humorous side and many posters have reflected that .  As for the negative grumpy replies , come on guys , lighten up , look on the bright side of life as this was set up as a giggle . However there have been a couple of really important serious posts with regards to sun protection that need to be expanded on in a new post or category  ( should never be archived , keep in the moment of regular conversation ) . Quite poignant to me as a sun lover all of my life but it's caught up with me as I have facial skin cancer . You gotta cover up , wear hats , factor 50 sun cream etc .   

On 24.6.2017 at 0:13 AM, possum1931 said:

I believe strongly in live and let live, but nothing wrong with airing your views in a topic like this.

But if I see old shirtless guys in the street or shopping malls, I do tend to have a go at them as they are so

disgusting to look at and have no respect for the Thai people, but I will never have a go at anyone because of their dress sense.

Well - if I see a shirtless man somewhere I could t care less. I think you should try to do so too. First of all - it will show that you have respect for that man, old or young. Btw - does age really matter?

secondly - a little less bothering about other clothes might be good for your bloodpressure ya know....?

Edited by Mangkhut
  • Like 1

On 23/06/2017 at 11:20 PM, Panda13 said:

Or the biggest faux pas is pink shorts or shirt.

Apparently pink isn't the gay colour in Thailand, it's purple. But yes, pink shorts or shirts is just so wrong & faggy.

10 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Apparently pink isn't the gay colour in Thailand, it's purple. But yes, pink shorts or shirts is just so wrong & faggy.

Each to their own , what ever turns you on , beauty is in the eye of the beholder etc etc  but be careful as some reckon there are more of them than there are of us  :laugh:  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, superal said:

Each to their own , what ever turns you on , beauty is in the eye of the beholder etc etc  but be careful as some reckon there are more of them than there are of us  :laugh:  

Exactly why I never use a urinal. Can never trust the dude next to you isn't trying to sneak a peak.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bbi1 said:

By using the word "gay" whay exactly are you using it in regards to?.

20 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I don't see pink shirts as faggy. They can look great with a tan. Shorts perhaps. 

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Haha 1

On 24/06/2017 at 1:30 PM, CGW said:

Reading through this thread it appears many of you out there have lost your way and no longer dress like a gentleman should in the tropics :shock1:

My daily attire never changes, I have seven safari suits with tailored shorts, long socks with garters and I polish my brown brogues every morning for 20 minutes.

A dab of brycreem on the hair, Pith hat, well manicured nails and were good to go :sleep:

I certainly get some comments from the ladies!

You chaps should smarten up!

I believe you are taking the pith!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/24/2017 at 4:29 AM, swissie said:

Years ago, a school was opened in my village. Was invited to the opening. Was informed, that it is expected to appear "dresses-up", as local Government Officials and a member of the Royal-Family would be present.

I threw myself into the only "suit" I had. Dark blue, well tailored and discustingly expensive.

I asked the mirror on the wall: "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the sharpest looking Farang of them all?"
Mirror said: "Never-mind you fool, get going, you are late already."

Indeed, I was late, procedures had already begun, but I was whisked inside anyway.
Once inside, my heart missed a beat: EVERYONE dressed in shinig white suits, me in dark blue! Of course, I stook out like a sore thumb.
During the lenghty procedure, the member of the Royal-Family, glanced at me, clearly amused, smiled and sent a hardly noticable nod my way. I answered in kind.

- The next couple of weeks, I enjoyed "Star-Status" in the village. The friendly smile, directed at me by the member of the Royal-Family had not gone unnoticed by the villagers. All of this, by unknowingly violating "men's dress sense" or better, unknowingly "violating dress codes". Strictly a Rural-Thailand episode.

Nice to know, that the same member of the Royal-Thai-Familiy, appears frequently on Thai-TV, smiling at me.

Cheers.

probably my favourite post on TV so far. :D

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Introducing: the one and only Farang uniform

Knee-length white socks

Oversized sandals

Khaki shorts highlighting hairy legs with freckled red skin

Hawaiian shirts, partially unbuttoned, accentuating pot belly

Funny brimmed hats

Cheap trinkets around the neck

Fuzzy hairy bodies and faces

Fanny pack

Oversized old-man glasses

Cheap analog watch

Hansum man!

14 minutes ago, RamenRaven said:

Knee-length white socks

Oversized sandals

Funny brimmed hats

Fanny pack

Cheap analog watch

Hansum man!

Glad I missed the memo....

• Haha 1

I wear socks with sandals or trainers, always wear my shirt/top outside my denims/trousers, but you have to be tall and slim to do that.

I never wear shorts, they look dreadful on male adults. Have long straight hair over my ears, but never a pony tail.

Always clean shaven, facial hair is awful, especially the mouser Australian style.

Edited by possum1931

17 hours ago, possum1931 said:

They do but they shouldn't, very unsightly.

Depends.  If the shorts are very short, yes indeed, unsightly on an adult male.  Also, if they are very baggy, go way below the knees, and have a dozen pockets.  Horrible.  But, well-tailored walking shorts falling just at the top of the knee, paired with a neat, collared shirt, can look just fine in a hot climate such as ours, especially if the wearer is not 100 pounds overweight.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, newnative said:

Depends.  If the shorts are very short, yes indeed, unsightly on an adult male.  Also, if they are very baggy, go way below the knees, and have a dozen pockets.  Horrible.  But, well-tailored walking shorts falling just at the top of the knee, paired with a neat, collared shirt, can look just fine in a hot climate such as ours, especially if the wearer is not 100 pounds overweight.  

I'm sorry, but IMO, as far as looks go, shorts are out on the male adult.

Perhaps you have nobly knees Poss..But, I took care of that by buying shorts that come just below my nobbles....[emoji39]

Yup, I wear shorts 90% of the time, the exceptions being Immigration ( or any government office ), the dentist or when I travel oseas.
Mine are 3/4 length ( just below the knee ) and have side pockets, very handy for my reading glasses, phone, wallet, keys, car keys etc etc. Jeans are just too uncomfortable when you’re driving or in and out of the car !!
Don’t think I look too out of place looking around at the number of Thai’s wearing shorts also.
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 6:30 PM, RamenRaven said:

Knee-length white socks

Oversized sandals

Funny brimmed hats

Fanny pack

Cheap analog watch

Hansum man!

Japanese and Thai men seem to wear the same.

Have you never been to either country?

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, I wear shorts 90% of the time, the exceptions being Immigration ( or any government office ), the dentist or when I travel oseas.
Mine are 3/4 length ( just below the knee ) and have side pockets, very handy for my reading glasses, phone, wallet, keys, car keys etc etc. Jeans are just too uncomfortable when you’re driving or in and out of the car !!
Don’t think I look too out of place looking around at the number of Thai’s wearing shorts also.

I wear the same with a Thai designed shirt (had made) or polo shirt......Works just fine for this weather + I wear when we're in the states 3 months a year....I never wear tee shirts when out of the house.....

Socks with sandals look horrid to me....If needed the 1/2 (just to the ankle, color appropriate/matching) height is what I use - usually with Tevas....

I had 18 shirts tailored here with the Thai/henley type collars....8 for day wear & 10 appropriate  enough for evening + Thai & western casual dress up to sport jackets & a couple of nice suits....

Casual tees & shirts = just can't find a thing to wear 55555....

IMG20180907122401.jpg

• Like 1

Post removed and response quoting it.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.