Russian tourist drowns on Jomtien Beach

rooster59

Russian tourist drowns on Jomtien Beach

19366497_1935773990027396_7985010617914992812_n.jpg

Image: We Love Pattaya

A Facebook news group announced that a 65 year old Russian tourist had drowned yesterday on Jomtien Beach opposite Soi 4.

Lifeguards at the scene gave CPR and a female tourist was also pictured trying to revive the tourist. He had no pulse.

The CPR continued until medics arrived and he was rushed to hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

He was not named and no other details were given on the "Rao Rak Pattaya" (We Love Pattaya) page.

Source: We Love Pattaya

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-24

50 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Probably bad health or a panic situation that is the cause. If panic, the reason for that is the big question.

May he RIP and condolences to all connected. I was walking past when the ambulance arrived.

There are many different causes for drowning ....too many to speculate. Unfortunately, drowning is the most common cause of premature death amoungst children and the elderly.

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

May he RIP and condolences to all connected. I was walking past when the ambulance arrived.

There are many different causes for drowning ....too many to speculate. Unfortunately, drowning is the most common cause of premature death amoungst children and the elderly.

Who knew? I thought it would have been road accidents.

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Thanks for the advanced facts. Really appreciate it! Who would have thought that children that can´t swim and older people that often lacks the same strength as before would be the most common. Guess you´re the expert.

There are at least three life guards on Jomtien Beach, or at least that it was it says on their head to toe outfits. I know there are 3 because they are always together. In my experience they pay little to no attention to anything going on in the water. They have more clothes on than anyone else: how long would it take them to strip down for a rescue, if they somehow found out about a person in distress? Do they have any training in life saving? Maybe they are taking an online course, as they spend so much time looking at their smart phones.

There used to be a life guard tower near Soi 7. That disappeared around the time of "beach improvements"

You are on your own IMO. Ambulance staff also seem to lack training in mouth to mouth etc. Just there for the money?

The International SOS Medical group that I have complete First Aid Training with on several occasions through my employment, no longer advises or trains  "Mouth to mouth". Unless you are carrying the correct type of throat tube to administer this. You cannot account for ingesting blood, or worst case the patient puking up into your mouth. Not good.

Only chest compression should be done. They have to be done correctly with a steady hard fast rhythm. Any time I have seen any one in Thailand trying to do this - mostly on the television - and a few times for real. They have no clue. I have even seen them half assed doing it with one hand.

As for the deceased, he is obviously overweight and I would guess had too much to drink as well, bad combo along with the extreme heat and exertion.

16 hours ago, Get Real said:

Probably bad health or a panic situation that is the cause. If panic, the reason for that is the big question.

Drownig would be probable cause for panic do you think?

9 hours ago, oldgent said:

why do they not assume it was suicide he was a falang.

Not messy enough. Suicides need to be blood and guts darmatic displays. RIP this poor soul whom had his last hours here in parsdise.

8 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

The International SOS Medical group that I have complete First Aid Training with on several occasions through my employment, no longer advises or trains  "Mouth to mouth". Unless you are carrying the correct type of throat tube to administer this. You cannot account for ingesting blood, or worst case the patient puking up into your mouth. Not good.

Only chest compression should be done. They have to be done correctly with a steady hard fast rhythm. Any time I have seen any one in Thailand trying to do this - mostly on the television - and a few times for real. They have no clue. I have even seen them half assed doing it with one hand.

As for the deceased, he is obviously overweight and I would guess had too much to drink as well, bad combo along with the extreme heat and exertion.

Your assertions on CPR methods are correct lonewolf99 but your speculation on drink etc is exactly that, speculative. Bad combo theory probably pretty bang on. Word to the would be first responders, don't do mouth to mouth. Advanced paramedic practice specifies chest compresion only. Poor bugger could have actually died of polluted water ingestion but that is unfair to the authorities I guess.

8 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

Drownig would be probable cause for panic do you think?

Smart guy! I meant that a panic situation in water caused by another thing leading to drowning. Guess that one was to hard to figure.