Patong - The Wake

Patong2

On 8/15/2024 at 8:02 AM, Patong2 said:

Are in New Zealand for the past two weeks and already finding it cold (8C as I write this) and boring.

Stuck here for treatment for at least another 8 weeks and it is certainly not a long term option for us.

Send me a pm, might be able to bring  back a bit of cheer,

Watch out – – there is still Covid 19 about, and I know because I've got it, unfortunately.

I had the original vaccination just over three years ago (I think) but didn't bother to get a booster to counter the latest Covid 19 version as I thought the old one would cover me, but obviously not!

I took myself off to Patong hospital on Wednesday, October 2nd because I was feeling extremely rough, with a throat which was so painful that I couldn't swallow, along with a fever and a chest which would rattle every time I breathed in or out, which included bringing up huge amounts of horrible green phlegm.

They took a blood test and other tests and I had a chest x-ray, and waited for the results. The doctor asked if I had anyone at home to look after me (because I was feeling very shaky on my feet, this especially after the motorbike accident) and I told him no, I lived on my own, and he offered me the opportunity to stay overnight in the hospital, which I gracefully declined.

He said that the chest x-ray was marginal (stay in hospital or not) so I paid for the vast amount of tablets he provided and went home.

I have to say that I don't remember feeling this sick for many years, and I have no appetite and have hardly eaten anything for a while now, this being exacerbated by the motorbike accident I think. The upside to this is that I have lost 6 kg in weight, however the downside is eating no food and not drinking any wine!!!

I think I'm coming right very slowly, and would love to get back to the time when I could enjoy a good meal and a good wine........fingers crossed it will be within the next week!!

Just a comment on Patong Hospital – – it is not the cleanest place I have ever experienced and it would be fair to say that the place is dilapidated somewhat, and the x-ray room was something akin to a store cupboard, but they did their job and for that I'm grateful.

PS. Remind myself to get the updated Covid 19 vaccine when it's available for the next round of Covid.!!!!

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Watch out – – there is still Covid 19 about, and I know because I've got it, unfortunately.

I had the original vaccination just over three years ago (I think) but didn't bother to get a booster to counter the latest Covid 19 version as I thought the old one would cover me, but obviously not!

I took myself off to Patong hospital on Wednesday, October 2nd because I was feeling extremely rough, with a throat which was so painful that I couldn't swallow, along with a fever and a chest which would rattle every time I breathed in or out, which included bringing up huge amounts of horrible green phlegm.

They took a blood test and other tests and I had a chest x-ray, and waited for the results. The doctor asked if I had anyone at home to look after me (because I was feeling very shaky on my feet, this especially after the motorbike accident) and I told him no, I lived on my own, and he offered me the opportunity to stay overnight in the hospital, which I gracefully declined.

He said that the chest x-ray was marginal (stay in hospital or not) so I paid for the vast amount of tablets he provided and went home.

I have to say that I don't remember feeling this sick for many years, and I have no appetite and have hardly eaten anything for a while now, this being exacerbated by the motorbike accident I think. The upside to this is that I have lost 6 kg in weight, however the downside is eating no food and not drinking any wine!!!

I think I'm coming right very slowly, and would love to get back to the time when I could enjoy a good meal and a good wine........fingers crossed it will be within the next week!!

Just a comment on Patong Hospital – – it is not the cleanest place I have ever experienced and it would be fair to say that the place is dilapidated somewhat, and the x-ray room was something akin to a store cupboard, but they did their job and for that I'm grateful.

PS. Remind myself to get the updated Covid 19 vaccine when it's available for the next round of Covid.!!!!

COVID-19 vaccine doesn't prevent catching Covid but "MAY" reduce the severity of the effects when infected.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.