PM vows no intention to stay on in power

rooster59

2306005.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha reiterated, once again, that the military junta had no intention whatsoever to stay on in power and that the election would proceed in accordance with the political roadmap.

In his weekly address to the nation, the prime minister said that he was confident that his government, in the past three years, had undertaken all the jobs it had pledged to implement and had accomplished many of them, with several others in the process of being executed.

He called for cooperation from all sectors of the society to ensure that all the tasks outlined are accomplished.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-vows-no-intention-stay-power/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-06-24

Yes we believe you, but Billions do not as you rab on about it too much which means you love it so are not going anywhere soon which is a shame as 60 million would be a lot happier. Stay to see how the investments pay off ok that 20 years

Edited by wakeupplease

hey stay in power but don't let it get out of control, yes we all know about the politicians  who are corrupt and enriching themselves when in government....but you have pretty much ended that now, you fight against corruption is working but it needs to go on for years

But also you need to start showing a little respect for privacy and freedom.................China is not a good model 

yes you want to control everything because there are still divisive people in Thailand.............but now not so much

People need to be free  for their thoughts and need to be able to express themselves and expose wrongs, take that extra step and start listening 

Despite all the neg comments, the country has been relatively stable since the Coup, & Prayut has gotten on with governing & put into place some long term plans.... certainly, done better than either prior Gov'ts who simply played politics.

Some countries seem to function better under a ruler, rather than democracy ....

15 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"But uncle, what if the Thai people really want you to stay on? What if Thailand needs you still? What if, without you, there won't be a Thai 4.0? What if more than 84.31% of Thai people pray that you won't leave them?"

"Well," answering in the most avuncular manner, "I just may consider it, but only if the media asks me nicely"

The PM has no intention of staying in power but unfortunately he will be forced to do his duty to continue his self promotion and monotonous dictatorship for the good of the people of Thailand. This unselfish behaviour will last many years, possibly decades.

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

Perhaps he should set a date for the elections then.  Actions rather than words.

pointless as there will always be a reason to delay them. i heard the next time he is going to announce that he needs to stay in power as too many people are getting killed on the roads. bit like fighting corruption, pointless.

The Junta has effectively inserted itself into every nook and cranny of the Kingdom, from replacing all provincial government posts (incl Bangkok), set themselves up in the boards of all of the state-owned businesses, taken over positions within all of the ministries, clamped down on the media, restricted the internet and free speech. Most private companies have a smattering of Junta types with board seats. The PM expects to move on to the Privy Council, no secret there.

Not sure what he means when he says the Junta has no intention to stay in power? Disingenuous at best, after all this was the whole purpose of the most recent coup and subsequent legal/constitutional restraints on a government by/for the people.

I guess he believes what he says, although he still has a horrible "tell" when he is prevaricating.

10 hours ago, smedly said:

hey stay in power but don't let it get out of control, yes we all know about the politicians  who are corrupt and enriching themselves when in government....but you have pretty much ended that now, you fight against corruption is working but it needs to go on for years

But also you need to start showing a little respect for privacy and freedom.................China is not a good model 

yes you want to control everything because there are still divisive people in Thailand.............but now not so much

People need to be free  for their thoughts and need to be able to express themselves and expose wrongs, take that extra step and start listening 

2 hours ago, eggers said:

Despite all the neg comments, the country has been relatively stable since the Coup, & Prayut has gotten on with governing & put into place some long term plans.... certainly, done better than either prior Gov'ts who simply played politics.

Some countries seem to function better under a ruler, rather than democracy ....

There's always a couple of old guys who don't like politics, see autocracy as a good way to eliminate politics (there's a better word than autocracy but I'm not allowed to use it) and remain stubbornly ignorant about the corruption and abuses in the military government and the fact that the lack of stability was caused by opponents to democracy.

Thailand needs democracy and a military stays out of politics.  It also needs a much smaller military with far fewer generals.

42 minutes ago, heybruce said:

There's always a couple of old guys who don't like politics, see autocracy as a good way to eliminate politics (there's a better word than autocracy but I'm not allowed to use it) and remain stubbornly ignorant about the corruption and abuses in the military government and the fact that the lack of stability was caused by opponents to democracy.

Thailand needs democracy and a military stays out of politics.  It also needs a much smaller military with far fewer generals.

want to bet I'm a lot younger than you and my life experience goes way beyond yours driving a taxi

11 minutes ago, smedly said:

want to bet I'm a lot younger than you and my life experience goes way beyond yours driving a taxi

That's all you disagree with, my guess at your age? 

I've pushed a shovel in a lime kiln while the dust ate holes in my skin and I've managed an on-orbit satellite test program, and done lots of other things as well.  I've never driven a taxi.

11 hours ago, smedly said:

how has there been ANY gains in the fight against corruption?!?!?!?!?

the Boys in Brown and Green are BOTH 1000% corrupt, and since they each have the goods on each other,

neither will budge- as well as the fact that every single segment of every official facet of life here is 1000% corrupt :saai:

the military is NEVER ceding power, and since approx 8 months ago, we ALL know where things are headed :post-4641-1156694083:

(as the 'mysteriously" missing plaque commemorating 85 years- as of yesterday- since the fall of absolute monarchy portends)

i cannpt say any more, for there are huge  elephants in the room , :post-4641-1156693976: and i value my life and freedom

4 hours ago, eggers said:

Well, that may be true but one has to ask why? Certainly the south is no safer due to bombings etc so even the junta has been unable to stabilize that. If people are not allowed to talk politics in more than groups of 5 (or whatever) or they will get a visit from the army; cannot display political party banners or they will get a visit from the army. Maybe the people are just plain scared of going to 'adjustment camps'. History is replete with 'Ruling by fear' governments but is it morally right? 

I seem to remember the self appointed P.M vowed there won't be a coup, followed by I won't be P.M and the there will be elections early 2015 and vowed so on and so on.  Mr Prayuth your vows aren't worth diddly squat and you keep ruining your reputation every time you open your mouth with a new vow.