Unwanted messages etc taking credit

Badrabbit

AIS / 1-2-Call is a difficult one to get the SMS spam/theft to stop.

Usually the only recourse  it to have them BLOCK all SMS.

Switching numbers is the other method. But as you may have experienced, some of these 'services' follow you to your new number. Gee, I wonder who told them???

While AIS / 1-2-Call will sometimes agree to remove fake/false SMS subscriptions, they won't 'block' individual SMS.

Usually they will state that the SMS Service to the phone has to be entirely deactivated to block messages, essentially blocking ALL messages (and charges).

also... in previous threads

AIS SMS scam charges
Started by justjoined, August 18, 2014

AIS 1- Call: Can I block SMS from being received?
Started by milicano007, March 30, 2015

Who, or what are sending the messages? AIS? Or daily information (lottery, football, horoscope, etc.) service provider?

Often it is a third-party over which AIS/0ne-2-Call have little or no control. Sometimes you need to contact that third-party provider.

You can go into the AIS eservice platform (mobile or web) to get a feel for the itemized charges

There are many, many, many, many, many similar threads here.

It should be possible to disable any/all third-party billing activity on your SIM/account via an in-person request. 

23 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Thanks I have tried to get them blocked which has not worked, someone is getting very rich!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I went to AISs place and demanded my money back and to stop all the nonsense.

I got my money back and the nonsense stopped. If you stand your ground without getting angry, most

times you will win, but you have to be sure you are in the right.

I went to AISs place and demanded my money back and to stop all the nonsense.
I got my money back and the nonsense stopped. If you stand your ground without getting angry, most
times you will win, but you have to be sure you are in the right.

If you are receiving unwanted credit taking messages then you are in the right, I have just received a picture taking 3 bht, within a few hours my 20 bht will be gone!! I've tried AIS shop all that say is ring helpline, I called, they told me "all now stopped" by the time I got home more credit was gone!!

I had a similar thing , was receiving a video of some girl dancing everyday ( I admit I had caused the problem by clicking on something in Thai language that I didn't understand but was curious [emoji51]).

I blocked the number but was still paying 6,76 baht every day.

Went to the AIS shop in Ayutthaya and they resolved this immediately, I didn't need to give them any info just told them to remove any fixed debit.

I don't have a pre paid account only post paid.

I had a similar problem with something to which I had never subscribed awhile ago. I took the phone to one of AIS's service centers, showed one of the SMS messages to someone there, she did something (can't recall exactly what) and that was the end of the problem.

13 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Brightclub4 is impossible to stop, it's taken all my credit!!

You should be able to dial   * 1 3 7 (send)   on AIS / DTAC / TRUE / CAT  to have these add-on paid services cancelled.  The Thai message boards recommend sending the code several times, over a couple of days, to make sure it works.

Oh, and if you're getting the *same* BrightClub sms when you get a new number then someone you know is submitting your number to them.

Try using this link to AIS eService

https://eservice.ais.co.th/eServiceWeb

You might be able to find something on here that you can cancel !!

I've used it to cancel recurring packages in the past. ( although it didn't find the recent subscription issue I had. )

English option in top right hand corner.

Failing this you'll have to go to AIS service shop.

You should be able to dial   * 1 3 7 (send)   on AIS / DTAC / TRUE / CAT  to have these add-on paid services cancelled.  The Thai message boards recommend sending the code several times, over a couple of days, to make sure it works.

Oh, and if you're getting the *same* BrightClub sms when you get a new number then someone you know is submitting your number to them.

That's not possible as I received the brightclub4 message before anyone new my new number, have stopped one by reporting as spam!

20 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

That's not possible as I received the brightclub4 message before anyone new my new number, have stopped one by reporting as spam!

Gotta wonder is they're preloading them on unsold SIM cards, or it the person selling you the SIM is getting a kickback by submitting numbers as they're being activated and installed on a phone.

Gotta wonder is they're preloading them on unsold SIM cards, or it the person selling you the SIM is getting a kickback by submitting numbers as they're being activated and installed on a phone.

That's what I have been thinking, probably AIS giving out numbers and earning commission.

I forgot to ask if this was a AIS Post-Pay or a 1-2-Call Pre-Pay account.

The other alternative is that your phone has rogue software on it and it is the one submitting the SIM number to sign up for the service.  If this is an android phone you can download Malware Bytes and run a scan.

Keep hitting the *137 send.   Do it five days in a row.

If that doesn't stop it, then get yet another AIS SIM from somewhere else.

On 27/06/2017 at 3:19 PM, alanrchase said:

I was getting them after topping up at one of those orange coloured machines, pressed the wrong choice. I went into the AIS counter in the local Tesco and asked them to stop them and it worked.

Useful to know how the charging messages can get activated, thanks.

On 6/27/2017 at 6:35 PM, Mrjlh said:

Had that same problem before until I went into their main office in Bangkok and got it resolved. That's what it took.

If a frog had wings, the bloody French would be every where crying surrender.