Dad has dumped the family but son, 13, takes responsibility alone for five younger siblings

webfact

Dad has dumped the family but son, 13, takes responsibility alone for five younger siblings

aHR0cDovL3BlMi5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzUxMi8yNTYyMTE0L25ld3MwNi5qcGc=.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BURIRAM: -- Sanook reported on five brothers and sisters living alone without a parent in Buriram.

The father has run off with another woman while mum - the only breadwinner - is in another province working as a sugar cane cutter to get money.

Four girls are all being looked after by 13 year old Fluke. And he has been doing all the chores and taking full care of his sisters for a year already.

There is 11 year old Fia, Khao Fang aged 9, Fern who is 6 and the youngest Fort who is just two and goes to pre-school.

They all live in a rented house for 500 baht.

Fluke has to get up at 5 am every day to get everyone's breakfast, help with all the clothes for school and make sure everyone is clean and taken to school.

Only then can he think about himself and get to his M1 class in another part of the district.

At the end of the day Fluke helps with the kids homework and makes more meals and does the washing. He has to do this every day and there is no respite at weekends.

Mum Panitta, 37, sends 1-2,000 baht a week but it is never enough for all their needs.

The local abbot Phra Ort is trying to help out and got some donations via a Facebook appeal but more help is needed.

Anyone who can help is urged to contact Phra Ort on 061 264 7891 or Napatsorn Sukkamnert, a village representative, on 098 634 2487.

They can give further details and advise about a bank account in the name of one of the children where donations can be sent.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-28

Another heart warming story about a remarkable young boy.

However, yet another story of irresponsibility by a Thai parent, in this case, obviously the father.

Let's hope that things workout for the family, and that one day soon, their mother can be reunited with her children. 

The west has forgotten that kids can pull their own weight to a certain degree. I am sure all of the kids mentioned are doing their share of the chores, so it is not all on the oldest. But good on him for being a leader. The mom should try to find some work closer to home though.

It's the Thai way for the Thai cowardly men...Just look at history on how the Japanese just walked right in without a fight, and all the Thai men drop to there knees. And this is what is going to happen when the Chinese take over Thailand, the men will again drop to there knees...All the Thai men need to take a good look at what is 13 year old boy is doing.

Edited by doggie1955

15 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Where are human services

Further, I'm amazed their wasn't a quick smart gathering of a dozen cops and officials to get in the photos.

For those interested, on the sanook site there are more details on how to contribute to help these kids.

10/10 to the eldest son, well done and he should be given recognition.

Life can be every hard sometimes, but it is inspiring to read of a young man ignoring the hardship and doing what needs to be done to care for his younger siblings. Many Thais would do well to take note of this shining example of care and love from someone who should be spending his time playing and watching cartoons, but instead shoulders a heavy responsibility exceedingly well.

I will be asking my son, who speaks Thai fluently to contact those listed above, as I would be happy to donate something to help this family.

Edited by darksidedog

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

The west has forgotten that kids can pull their own weight to a certain degree. I am sure all of the kids mentioned are doing their share of the chores, so it is not all on the oldest. But good on him for being a leader. The mom should try to find some work closer to home though.

Slightly different circumstances but I read a couple of years ago that in Britain hundreds of children under 15, the youngest was 8, are the primary carers for their disabled single parents and receive little to no outside help with their burden. A sad situation.

Its definitely NOT unique to Thailand. I think the incidence of this is higher in the Philippines where the Catholic high moral ground is supposed to exist. What? We have a girl here who has 4 children by the age of 15. 

Never understood how someone could abandon their kids. I have actively chosen not to have kids so far because I enjoy the single life and all my free time. But if I were to accidentally have a kid, I'd crack on with it and be the best dad I could be. 

Well done to the young lad. Just one bit of advice for him; don't be that spoon-feeding parent that you see so often. 

Edited by rkidlad

3 hours ago, SongSomSoda said:

Never understood why nearly every thai is running away after having babies. And they not even think about to marry before having a child - they just make and run away. LoL.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H990 mit Tapatalk

Go visit any 'urban' community in the US, you will find 80% of the families with no father.

This is a fantastic boy. Off course he shouldn´t need to do all these things at an age of 13. On the other hand, he will probably learn more in school than most of all other boys in the same age that just sit with their phones or run in the streets throwing shoes at eachother.

The problem here is not that people always need to send money, to keep this situation working. The real problem is that somebody in the vincinity must be able to give the mother a work, so that she can earn the same salury as now and at the same time be there for her children.

3 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

It's the Thai way for the Thai cowardly men...Just look at history on how the Japanese just walked right in without a fight, and all the Thai men drop to there knees. And this is what is going to happen when the Chinese take over Thailand, the men will again drop to there knees...All the Thai men need to take a good look at what is 13 year old boy is doing.

I thought Thailand had never been occupied, or what's that word again?  So the Japanese did it? I know nothing about Thai history though,

nor am I interested.

4 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

Not strictly true....

Many Thais died repelling the first Japanese invasion of Thailand at Ao Manao in Prachuap Khiri Kan province.

They only stopped fighting when ordered to do so, by the then king

where is Mr high and mighty PM or is he to busy watching young ladies gyrat.

why throw money to a unknown person, its hands on help the boy needs

surely there are some in his village could help, or maybe they won,t get involved

because of what the father done.

35 minutes ago, oldgent said:

where is Mr high and mighty PM or is he to busy watching young ladies gyrat.

why throw money to a unknown person, its hands on help the boy needs

surely there are some in his village could help, or maybe they won,t get involved

because of what the father done.

A more realistic point is why haven't various local authorities noticed this situation (it's been like this for over a year) and taken some action to get this family into a better quality of life with some security while keeping them together.

10 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

And the boy will become a man, do you expect him to drop to his knees then? 

15 hours ago, berybert said:

What a wonderful boy.  Sad to see he is losing his own childhood though. 

Personally I would rather give the kid some money by hand than rely on others to do so for me.

I agree with you I would willingly help out but not via a 3rd party especially a monk . Why can't the temple do more  ?  They spend millions on buildings. It wouldn't hurt them to donate some of  their enormous wealth to these poor kids