"Applying make-up and eating while driving quite alright" says top Bangkok cop

webfact

13 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I watched a good documentary about how people cannot multitask. When I say multitask, I mean literally do 2 or more things at the same time. Brain can't do it.

When driving, your concentration should always be fully on what you're doing - driving. In a country where most people have had no formal driving lessons, I'd say it's absolutely imperative that they give 100% concentration to driving and nothing else. 

The first thing my missus does when she reaches a red light is pull out her phone. I always remind her that Facebook can wait. She always asks "What's the problem? The light's red". Wait for the light to go green and most people aren't concentrating and take a few secs until they start moving. Another reason traffic is so bad. 

People in power really need to know when to stop and think before they speak. 

Well, simple minded people say things like this I supposed. Simpleton a noun? Is it a masculine noun or a feminine noun?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, madusa said:

Well, simple minded people say things like this I supposed. Simpleton a noun? Is it a masculine noun or a feminine noun?

Never mind the nouns, check your grammar, simpleton Simon :smile:

Just now, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Damn that woman, she told me that 2 inches of solid flesh was what every thai woman wanted.

Mate, I've told you before, use your thumb! At least to fold it in 555!!!

28 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

Never mind the nouns, check your grammar, simpleton Simon :smile:

I hate grammar & I also hate grandma. You only realize how much you hate grammar when you start learning French, that is because your grandma is french.

Do you have french grandma Catkiwi?  My grandma said to me in french, "La tyrannie de la langue Anglais"(The tyranny of The English Language). The English get a strangle hold on everything, especially getting everyone to study English, it's a Tyranny she said. She is right don't you think so?

Edited by madusa
change words

3 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

You too, Cheers!

As you said, in all this depressive stuff, its good to be able to have a laugh. I have enjoyed talking to you. Please come back again, and maybe we can find another topic to laugh at. I wish you well to you and yours. dont ever lose your sense of humour.

2 minutes ago, madusa said:

I hate grammar & I also hate my grandma. You only realize how much you hate grammar when you start learning French, that is because your grandma is french.

Do you have french grandma Catkiwi? She said , "The tyranny of the English Language", the English get a strangle hold on everything, especially getting everyone to study English, it's a Tyranny she said.

Food for thought Mate and she was obviously right. But that has no bearing on my ancestry, thank the lord! I certainly did not mean any offense to yours. Stay cool.

8 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

As you said, in all this depressive stuff, its good to be able to have a laugh. I have enjoyed talking to you. Please come back again, and maybe we can find another topic to laugh at. I wish you well to you and yours. dont ever lose your sense of humour.

Definitely never too far from WiFi in my travels so should always be in touch. Will look forward to the next round! Laughter is the best medicine!

'... Jiraphat said it ... was quite alright to eat or put on make-up - but drivers should wait until it was safe to do so.'

I didn't think the RTP's top echelons could prove to be even more stupid than that for which we give them credit. I was wrong.

Thai drivers and safe driving are the ultimate oxymoron, with the emphasis on moron. 

2 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

'... Jiraphat said it ... was quite alright to eat or put on make-up - but drivers should wait until it was safe to do so.'

I didn't think the RTP's top echelons could prove to be even more stupid than that for which we give them credit. I was wrong.

Thai drivers and safe driving are the ultimate oxymoron, with the emphasis on moron. 

yes they have been deprived of the Oxy - gen...:sorry:

20 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Stupid statements and stupid driving. A daily occurrence along with 50+ deaths on Thai roads (many unreported and definitely under-reported due to the way they gather the statistics).

80%+ of them shouldn't be on the roads, in motorcycles and in control of vehicles for their own safety.

Nobody should be on the road when I am.

I'm eating while driving, don't wear a seatbelt and drive a wreck of a car.

Drive 100km/hr on a small motorcycle and even the Thais call me dangerous. :cheesy::laugh::omfg:

Give you people something to talk about, 40 yrs on Thai roads and now 80yrs old.

On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 2:36 PM, klauskunkel said:

there is absolutely nothing coming out of the mouth of a Thai Top Cop (TTC) that still has the power to shock me, I am now fully immunized.

But you need a booster shot every now and then, hence the continual nonsense. 

Oh good!  I was a bit worried as, when I am in a hurry for an appointment, I usually change my shirt, trousers, socks and shoes while driving my car but I always keep within the speed limit.  Of course, the seat belt legislation is a bit of a problem!

Anyway, good to know that as long as I do not hit anything expensive or kill any important person, I should be OK.  :sleep:

On 6/28/2017 at 11:22 AM, rkidlad said:

I watched a good documentary about how people cannot multitask. When I say multitask, I mean literally do 2 or more things at the same time. Brain can't do it.

When driving, your concentration should always be fully on what you're doing - driving. In a country where most people have had no formal driving lessons, I'd say it's absolutely imperative that they give 100% concentration to driving and nothing else. 

The first thing my missus does when she reaches a red light is pull out her phone. I always remind her that Facebook can wait. She always asks "What's the problem? The light's red". Wait for the light to go green and most people aren't concentrating and take a few secs until they start moving. Another reason traffic is so bad. 

People in power really need to know when to stop and think before they speak. 

"People in power really need to know when to stop and think before they speak." And therein lays the problem! :thumbsup:

(my italics)

On 6/28/2017 at 8:50 AM, Thechook said:

Same in Australia but there is an offence of failing to have proper control of a motor vehicle.  This offence covers eating, reading the paper, combing your hair or applying makeup etc etc etc

Or having a J Arthur like the taxi river?

The director of traffic How old is he ? 2 Any sane person knows that driving here is a dangerous activity and anything less than 100& attention is likely to lead to a premature death - where do they find these guys?

This top, cop needs to go to a morgue and see some people who thought eating, doing make up and

checking text messages were okay right up until they were killed.  Maybe this sort of attitude adjustment

might work even on his thick mind.

Geezer