The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

2 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Buying your way in is a problem here, agreed. But you need need money to pay for it, as I said above.

Knowing the right person and being in the right place at the right time is not the same, if you know enough to do the job.

Talking of standards, have you had the misfortune to go to a NHS hospital lately?

Anyway, I do understand the point.

It just disappoints me I mean a hospital is really the heart of any community and kids being born or elders or the injured in need and they are the most susceptible people to infection and hospitals are disgusting. The most effort I have seen is the use of No Camera or video signs in every part of hospital. I know there are some good ones about they are not all like this but where we live at present it's gotta be one of the worst.

The hospital made our decision so easy, so we move soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rhodie said:

Ody, this is the thread of distinction and the only one worth reading. :smile: And even though RC started it, it was you and TDL that have taken it to where it is. Hopefully it will bob and weave, but always be a sanctuary for everyone that needs to bounce ideas off a sympathetic audience. One of the few threads on here that seems to have kept sane and dignified. And one where hopefully the real stories will keep giving food for thought. I have enjoyed the journey so far.

Thanks to Rc2702!

The REAL stories hardly get any interest on this forum. 

The nonsense ones do.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 2:15 PM, The Dark Lord said:

Hi TTU, you seem to have landed on your feet this time, congrats. Your wisdom infers you are from Old Owl stock, he is a wise one too!

mine never criticised my driving and never ever tried to Lord it over others as she was married to a farang. We had shed loads of money when we first came over  ut lost it in a business deal gone ( horribly) wrong. She never criticised that, taking it on the chin and adjusting accordingly. Others however accused me openly of being "khee niou" for not spreading the perceived wealth. Despite the loss of face she never rose to those occasions. The only crack in our relationship was a very deep streak of jealousy and a great deal of insecurity. I am totally honest when I tell you that I never gave her any reason to have those feelings and I strongly suspect I was paying the price for the activities of the former husband who could not keep his "chap" zippered up and often beat her, so much so she was hospitalised numerous times. 

I don t beat women and certainly nowadays only bring out the love log to perform bathroom related activities. It has never appeared in a side show, ever. 

That begs the question"why am I being punished for the ex's transgressions?"

You wanted to move to Pattaya,TDL, and for many Thai ladies that is a frightening prospect. They fear you will be tempted by someone more young and beautiful.

19 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

It just disappoints me I mean a hospital is really the heart of any community and kids being born or elders or the injured in need and they are the most susceptible people to infection and hospitals are disgusting. The most effort I have seen is the use of No Camera or video signs in every part of hospital. I know there are some good ones about they are not all like this but where we live at present it's gotta be one of the worst.

The hospital made our decision so easy, so we move soon.

Again I understand and agree. The trouble is these days the lawyers are looking for business, rightly or wrongly.

Sad fact is, it is expensive to be ill, old or have an accident, but someone has to pay...

People from the UK are less likely to have taken out insurance thanks to believing the NHS would take care, but that is not the reality.

It is a dreadfully corrupt system now, more so since Tony Blair's New Labour in fact. Look it up.

Throwing endless amounts of money into it does not solve the problem.

A coat peg costs about £2.50, my friend bought one for his office in the hospital he worked at. He was not allowed to screw it to the back of his office door as ALL fixtures have to be done by contractors authorized by the building owners.

He got a peg. The workmen told him it would be invoiced for travel time, labour,  supplies and incidentals for about £400.

He also retired at 58 on a full NHS pension after working there for about 12 years. And that's only where some of the money goes....

Beggars belief  :crazy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tilacme said:

I have been following this thread and reading with interest real life stories, many of which touch a nerve.

It is so good to hear these experiences and to have circumstances eloquently explained.  Too often we only get the 3rd hand tales of relationship disasters and those are usually someone who thinks it will never happen them and then they quietly slips way.  Well done those who have opened up and told it as it is, you know who you are.

Thailand law and society is geared against us farangs so we need to take such measures as we can to mitigate loss. I still believe in Thailand as my home and I love my Thai wife.

You still believe in "thailand", you wrote above. When all is geared against you, how in heavensname can you "believe" in thailand.

The mind truly boggles :shock1:

9 minutes ago, Been there done that said:

You still believe in "thailand", you wrote above. When all is geared against you, how in heavensname can you "believe" in thailand.

The mind truly boggles :shock1:

Yes I believe in Thailand, I am happy here.  Why else should I stay here?

• Like 2

Just now, Been there done that said:

I can understand one is happy residing here, me too, but i dont believe in the culture and society as a whole. 

Believe and being happy is not the same.

I agree wholly with this.  The mass issue facing thailand on every level leave a lot to be desired and that is exactly why I have a lot of time for the chaps who have made lives here through all these hurdles. Sure some things have not ended well for some but  I don't believe they were forced to stay so on some level the good certainly outweighed the bad. In my case I am here because of my family and I want the kid to speak this language but I also want to shield him from a lot and I'd like to hear more about other parents experiences on these matters. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tilacme said:

"Thainess" is never ever going to change so to live here you need to mix that into the soup.

I still do not understand that word and I attribute it to people too lazy to explain stuff or to tar a whole nation

Edited by Rc2702
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

"Thainess" is never ever going to change so to live here you need to mix that into the soup.

Plenty of stories on here, and in real life, where the soup was served hot but became cold. After a while ofcourse. To adapt here and make living bearable (not thinking too much) plenty foreigners become selfish immoral people by keeping quiet on other foreigners misfortunes. Thus enabling the "culprits".Me, myself and I seems the best way for that lot. Despicable.

8 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I still do not understand that word and I attribute it to people too lazy to explain stuff or to tar a whole nation

You must not be here long i guess by reading your comment. Life is full of generalizations. 

I will help you on the way, facesaving and totally lacking any responsability for actions taken. This for starters 

11 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Why should Thainess be seen to tarnish a nation when the principle is highly applauded. 

Anyway I have not joined this thread to trade insults so I will politely give my goodbyes and let you get on with it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Why should Thainess be seen to tarnish a nation when the principle is highly applauded. 

Anyway I have not joined this thread to trade insults so I will politely give my goodbyes and let you get on with it.

Sensitivity, misinterpretation and walking away is a thai trait as well. 

Good on ya.

Edited by Been there done that
Spelling
  • Like 1

Just now, Tilacme said:

Sorry, You are right my post could have been a bit clearer.  Whenever I read about Thainess or see it used it is always a negative and I'm yet to hear it being used as a positive so I would like to hear how it used in a good light as I only see sheep use this term and use it with a negative connotation. 

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, Odysseus123 said:

Wise old owl,

The "no benzine" trick was played on me several times-presumably because they thought I was a total idiot..which I was/am.

Basically this is how the mini scam went..

The BIL or stepson would disappear with the Toyota pickup.

Several days later my wife would casually inquire "Would you like go for drive?"

Then straight to gas station where I would say.."But I put benzine in the truck only a few days ago..."

Screaming would commence.."You no good..I need car..nobody uses car but me..!"

Reading some of the stories on this thread has convinced me that while I had it bad, I got off lightly.

While things were not the best for the last 2 years of our relationship, I never had the actual verbal abuse till the last month.

BTW, I didn't have "the no benzene" trick played on me because I never paid for diesel unless it was me driving on a trip to the village and I only put in as much as I knew was needed for the trip, so like I said not as bad as it might have been.

Anyway, till the end it was never my wife doing the dirty, but I know her sister was doing everything she could to make her.

If not for the sister, I sincerely believe I'd still be with the wife. It might not have been the best marriage in history, but far from the worst. 

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:07 AM, Rc2702 said:

I'd understand the bitterness if you were the editor of inspire pattaya but seriously you cannot deny there have been a fair few honest hard hitting stories about love,loss and even survival in this thread and it has a life of its own.

We got guys who have 40+ years of experience sharing so it's very disrespectful to say they are nonsense unless of course you mean the OP and in comparison I'd agree with you as the thread certainly evolved and become a real page Turner but you know what they say; you gotta start somewhere.

I don't think he means this thread. Plenty of threads on other subforums that deal with rubbish but get dozens of pages of replies.

The "forum" applies to all of TVF, not just this sub forum.

• Like 1