Home visit immigration

Hi

I will be applying for extension of stay based on non o married to a thai/ thai child and also having a work permit.

I will be applying at chaeng watttana with my wife and daughter attending with me.

Will the immigration still do a home visit if  I attend with family at chaeng wattana?

If so,do I need to be at home when they come? 

Thanks 

If it is your first extension they will do a home visit during the under consideration period within the 30 days.

You should be there during the home visit. They will can to arrange the visit.

Thanks ubon joe

I have 2 previous extenstions of stay (2 years) I then had to go out of  country and renew my non o ( admin error)

So now i am re applying again for extension of stay.

I have the extension stamps in my passport and Im sure they have a record of it too.

My extension of stay before was permitted without a home visit ( maybe based on my wp and non o marriage cert?)

Do you think they will still  need to do home visit if I have 2 previous extensions of stay?( although they were given without a home visit previously)

Thanks

6 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Any ones quess on that. You never know what immigration will do  It is play it as it goes no set rules.

Yes, they all make up their own rules, I know personally of immigration guys coming to your house then asking for money for their "expenses", of course it's then up to you whether you do or not.

I've been living in Bangkok and going to chaeng watttana for my retirement visa (marriage) for 8 years and have always just gone in with the paper work and left within a couple hours or less with my visa extension. I wouldn't have even been aware of home visits if it wasn't for this forum. I'm pretty sure its just in some of the other provinces. I've never heard of anyone in Bangkok getting a home visit.

55 minutes ago, Dan5 said:

I've been living in Bangkok and going to chaeng watttana for my retirement visa (marriage) for 8 years and have always just gone in with the paper work and left within a couple hours or less with my visa extension. I wouldn't have even been aware of home visits if it wasn't for this forum. I'm pretty sure its just in some of the other provinces. I've never heard of anyone in Bangkok getting a home visit.

"......my retirement visa (marriage) ........."

If you are retired, with a Thai wife and are extending your stay based on retirement, no home visit.

If you are extending your stay based on being married to a Thai, then possibly a home visit.

It's easy to tell from the income you declare, B65,000 pmo vs B40,000pmo.

13 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"......my retirement visa (marriage) ........."

If you are retired, with a Thai wife and are extending your stay based on retirement, no home visit.

If you are extending your stay based on being married to a Thai, then possibly a home visit.

It's easy to tell from the income you declare, B65,000 pmo vs B40,000pmo.

not in my case. 

I was on retirement visa for 4 years never a visit. Got married bought a house stayed on retirement visa. One day wife got a call immigration would come check me out the next day. They came took info and if I remember correctly they  ask my wife for money for processing fee..I am still on retirement visa it hasnot changed for years.

Edited by lovelomsak