Car camera shows car crash at intersection

webfact

Car camera shows car crash at intersection

By Thai PBS

crash.jpg

CHON BURI/PATTAYA: -- A video footage from a front car video camera captured the moment when a black Toyota Wish jumping red light signal and crashed into four other vehicles waiting for the green light.

The incident, which happened at 8.00pm on (July 5) at Ang Sila intersection on the inbound traffic lane of the Sukhumvit highway in Chon Buri province, injured several people in the damaged vehicles which included a sedan, two pickup trucks and a motorcycle.

Duty police inspector Pol Lt Col Wuthinan Namsaeng at Samet police station, said the Toyota Wish carries Bangkok licence plate and was driven by a man allegedly under the influence of alcohol.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/car-camera-shows-car-crash-intersection/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-07-06

With most people pulling off before the robot has even turned green its a very risky manoeuvre running a red light in Thailand as this driver has now discovered first hand! Although I somehow doubt it will actually sink in and he/she will learn a lesson.

Edited by Dukeleto

11 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

With most people pulling off before the robot has even turned green its a very risky manoeuvre running a red light in Thailand as this driver has now discovered first hand! Although I somehow doubt it will actually sink in and he/she will learn a lesson.

Actually I think people are slow to move off here and the reason is people jump the red light , sometimes by several seconds, by following the car infront and refusing to look eleswhere.

This driver needs to be banned from driving for life!

53 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

With most people pulling off before the robot

You read too much into yesterday's article about sex with robots!!!

maybe before the red light he had some Red Bull... gives you wiiiings!!!

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Actually I think people are slow to move off here and the reason is people jump the red light , sometimes by several seconds, by following the car infront and refusing to look eleswhere.

This driver needs to be banned from driving for life!

That's my experience too, the lights change and people wait a couple of seconds then move forward cautiously. That way you don't get t-boned by 60 tons of sugar cane driven by somebody who hasn't slept for 3 days.

I think I heard the sound of a car horn which if it is actually a Thai driver would indicate he was in fact running the red light....makes perfect sense....they do it all the time here in Pattaya.....honking  the horn gives you the right of way and right to run red lights as you wish.....lol...??

Why even try coming up with excuses. it wasn't his fault he was drunk and saw nothing, not even the road.

Lucky no one was killed. I quit driving a motorcycle two months ago because of maniacs like him, which is a shame because it's by far the best way to see Thailand (if you survive)