Dry Season: Health dept asks Thais to kick booze for 3-month Buddhist Lent

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cant see this happening for me just now as just did 5 weeks booze free,  will probably plan on another 4 weeks booze free starting at the end of the month.  I personally average about 50 percent of the year booze free, so over and above the 3 months the government is suggesting.

It is pretty easy when you are offshore, work a 28x28 roster and no booze available anyway.

Cheers:burp:

These kinds of silly requests, and proclamations show just how out of touch this administration is. They just do not have a clue. Ask and you shall receive? So, the average Joe, instead of stopping off for a beer after a hard days work, or picking up a couple of Leos on the way home, is going to stop and reflect on what the health department, and two public health groups asked, and decide not to do as he has been doing his entire life, due to their suggestion? What are they thinking? With all of these crazy edicts, and the possibility that Little P. will hold on for many years into the foreseeable future, is Thailand going to become SE Asia's version of Saudi Arabia? What is next? The moral police?

Edited by spidermike007

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

These kinds of silly requests, and proclamations show just how out of touch this administration is. They just do not have a clue. Ask and you shall receive? So, the average Joe, instead of stopping off for a beer after a hard days work, or picking up a couple of Leos on the way home, is going to stop and reflect on what the health department, and two public health groups asked, and decide not to do as he has been doing his entire life, due to their suggestion? What are they thinking? With all of these crazy edicts, and the possibility that Little P. will hold on for many years into the foreseeable future, is Thailand going to become SE Asia's version of Saudi Arabia? What is next? The moral police?

It is frustrating living in a country where you have no say or influence and have to tow the line . However I think there will come the time when the worm will turn and say enough is enough   

which will not include any happy hours, late-night clubbing, or drunken karaoke sessions. Instead, expect early nights, extra cash, and no hangovers

I'm sure the bar girl industry will fully support this, not so sure about the economic meltdown in Isaan though 

On 7/7/2017 at 4:05 PM, spidermike007 said:

Laughing here Dry weekend hey? I just drove past a cafe resturant and it looked to me that all the Thais were having a few beers lol Just another bit of crap request The Thais have no respect for the law Goes in one ear and out the other