Viral Video Shows School Kids Dragging Director's Car Uphill

Viral Video Shows School Kids Dragging Director's Car Uphill

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

hed-696x422.jpg

Students from Ban Huai Wok School on Wednesday drag their school director’s truck up a muddy hillside in Mae Mong Son province.

MAE HONG SON — A clip of students dragging a teacher’s truck up a muddy mountainside in northern Thailand went viral Thursday on the Thai internet.

Clips of students pushing and pulling a school director’s truck in Sop Moei district, Mae Hong Son has been viewed over half a million times since it was posted Wednesday night by Facebook user and school director Matchama Boontawee.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2017/07/06/viral-video-shows-school-kids-dragging-directors-car-uphill/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-7-6

No doubt the hapless director was directing operations from his cab. What was a school director doing off-road during term.

At least the kids look like they're having fun in the mud. I hope the director pays for uniform cleaning and buys them all pizza.

23 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

No doubt the hapless director was directing operations from his cab. What was a school director doing off-road during term.

At least the kids look like they're having fun in the mud. I hope the director pays for uniform cleaning and buys them all pizza.

What was the director doing off road?

Maybe i can answer that, 5 years ago we lived in a hiltribe village 39 kilometers from Mae hong son.

During the rainy season, we had to do the same as in the video clip, push the pickup through knee deep mud.

So what they were doing was nothing out of the ordinary, just trying to get to school.

Yes been there done that, t-shirt covered in mud.

Edited by colinneil

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

What was the director doing off road?

Maybe i can answer that, 5 years ago we lived in a hiltribe village 39 kilometers from Mae hong son.

During the rainy season, we had to do the same as in the video clip, push the pickup through knee deep mud.

So what they were doing was nothing out of the ordinary, just trying to get to school.

Yes been there done that, t-shirt covered in mud.

But did you see how steap the road was where he got stuck? Even in normal conditions i guess that car can't climb a hill that steap.

The kids still look pretty clean. I once helped a backwheel driven car push out of the mud but when the driver hit the gas i got a free mudshower before he spin off. So i won't do that again.

“These kids seem to have more values that those rich ones that take videos of themselves dancing sexily,” wrote user Pitsanu Khamkate. “Can you run news about these kids instead of those annoying net idols?”

You do realise you don't have to watch videos of or read stories about net idols, Pitsanu, don't you?

Edited by Bluespunk

13 minutes ago, fruitman said:

But did you see how steap the road was where he got stuck? Even in normal conditions i guess that car can't climb a hill that steap.

The kids still look pretty clean. I once helped a backwheel driven car push out of the mud but when the driver hit the gas i got a free mudshower before he spin off. So i won't do that again.

I lived in Nong kao klang village, many hills on that teack, just the same as in the photo.

In the rainy season it was like in the photo, believe me a nightmare, but in the hilltribe areas, there are many tracks like that.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

I lived in Nong kao klang village, many hills on that teack, just the same as in the photo.

In the rainy season it was like in the photo, believe me a nightmare, but in the hilltribe areas, there are many tracks like that.

Well if you live in a place like that it's best to buy a real 4wd jeep with huge wheels and a winch.

But why did the girls get the worst job? They had to push behind the  truck while all boys were pulling. They are all lucky that no accidents happened though.

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Wonder if the director ever thought of walking or using a m/bike like the locals, or would that be to far below his perceived status? 

Well i can answer your comment, how do schools out in the mountains, where there are only dirt tracks get provisions to school?

Answer the directors pickup, i know because vwe used our pickup to do it, when we lived in similar curcumstanses.

So please people stop knocking the director, think about the situation he is in.

Lol.... a great team building exercise... fun too

and yet they complain..... one woman in the link opined that it looked dangerous, with kids in the back tray, asking what if they hit a rock? Suggesting that a kid could be thrown from the tray and hurt

what? Seriously? But it's OK for kids in pickups on the road in speeding pickups or on bikes without helmets?

crazy.... TIT..... where you can't win.

Maybe there are good sides to this as other posters have pointed out but I was aghast when watching this.

What if the rope had snapped or the pickup slid backwards out of control? Kids at the rear or in the bed could have had very serious injuries or even died.

I would have been livid had my daughter been pushing at the rear.

2 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

The big guy is going to love this display.  Waiting for his comment.

There was mud encased on my car,

I'd driven it a little too far,

Over the edge,

Into the mud,

I was so angry,

I was spitting blood,

Then a thought occurred to me,

Of labour available for free,

I posted on WhatsApp (school community)

Subject: extra curricular activity. 

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

I have a Ford Ranger 4 door just like that and mine also has 4WD and a low ratio gearbox.

The idiot who is driving (if it is a 4x4) is in 1st gear norrmal ratio.

He has revved the engine and dropped the clutch and the rear wheels are spinning..

He needs to be in 2nd gear low ratio and rocking it back and forwards and crawling out.

Some branches in front and underneath of the tyres would help a lot.

With the help of the children he probably got the truck to school without getting his shoes dirty.

He should be OK getting it back down the hill as gravity helps but of course he has trashed the track so how will he get there the next day.

Idiot.

47 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have a Ford Ranger 4 door just like that and mine also has 4WD and a low ratio gearbox.

The idiot who is driving (if it is a 4x4) is in 1st gear norrmal ratio.

He has revved the engine and dropped the clutch and the rear wheels are spinning..

He needs to be in 2nd gear low ratio and rocking it back and forwards and crawling out.

Some branches in front and underneath of the tyres would help a lot.

With the help of the children he probably got the truck to school without getting his shoes dirty.

b

He should be OK getting it back down the hill as gravity helps but of course he has trashed the track so how will he get there the next day.

Idiot.

billd me ol m,ate, what you have said is correct, now i tried telling folk when i was up there this is how to use 4wheel drive. 

Talk to yourself as they are like all folk here, they know better than you.

One time i said to a teacher at our school, you need to use low ratio to get out.

Whats that he asked, had a 4 wheel drive and didnt know it had low gears.

You are only a farang what do you know.

Edited by colinneil

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well i can answer your comment, how do schools out in the mountains, where there are only dirt tracks get provisions to school?

Answer the directors pickup, i know because vwe used our pickup to do it, when we lived in similar curcumstanses.

So please people stop knocking the director, think about the situation he is in.

yes, I can clearly see the back of the pickup fully loaded with essential provisions for the school. 

7 minutes ago, Artisi said:

yes, I can clearly see the back of the pickup fully loaded with essential provisions for the school. 

7 minutes ago, Artisi said:

That is one of the most stupid comments ever to have been posted on TV.

You should refrain from making comments about things like this until yopu are aware of the facts.

I am aware been there done that, used my pickup to get provuisions to the school on many occasions.

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

That is one of the most stupid comments ever to have been posted on TV.

You should refrain from making comments about things like this until yopu are aware of the facts.

I am aware been there done that, used my pickup to get provuisions to the school on many occasions.

Ok, so the award for off-road expert for the day goes to colinneil, well done.

Just now, Artisi said:

Ok, so the award for off-road expert for the day goes to colinneil, well done.

Again you are posting nonsense, i got stuck on tracks in thje mountains many times.

Maybe you should try it, then you would know what its like, and how these people struggle daily during the rainy season.-

It could be, as "colinneil" suggests, that the pick up is carrying vital supplies to the school, and this is the only way to ensure that they get through.

It could be, as others have intimated that he didn't wish to get his feet dirty, and thought he was sufficiently important to justify the children pushing his truck through the mud.

Which is it?

Well now...

1 minute ago, JAG said:

It could be, as "colinneil" suggests, that the pick up is carrying vital supplies to the school, and this is the only way to ensure that they get through.

It could be, as others have intimated that he didn't wish to get his feet dirty, and thought he was sufficiently important to justify the children pushing his truck through the mud.

Which is it?

Well now...

Who would drive the pickup, if not the director, one of the children?

Having done the same thing myself many times, yes my feet were clean, wife and children covered in mud.

The education authorities do not provide transport for goods to get to the schools, up to the director to fix it.

Who would drive the pickup, if not the director, one of the children?
Having done the same thing myself many times, yes my feet were clean, wife and children covered in mud.
The education authorities do not provide transport for goods to get to the schools, up to the director to fix it.

Yes, in the case of the first scenario I outlined that would certainly, and inevitably be the case.

In the case of the second scenario I should have made it clearer (too late to edit now) that I am assuming that the director was the sole occupant of the truck, no cargo.