Consumers’ confidence index drops to the lowest point in five months

webfact

Consumers' confidence index drops to the lowest point in five months

By Thai PBS

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37QvUkpQdzbxqoJZup9viAnz

BANGKOK: -- Consumers’ confidence index continued to drop for the second month in a row to 74.9 points in June – the lowest in five months since February when the index stood at 75.8 points, said Ms Saowanee Thairungrote, rector of the Thai Chamber of Commerce University, on Thursday.

She noted that consumers’ confidence in all aspects had dropped, among them confidence in the economy, confidence in job opportunities, confidence in future income and confidence in political situation.

Confidence index in political situation for the month of June was registered at 81.4 points, representing continuing decline for the fifth month in a row and the lowest in 35 months since August 2014.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/consumers-confidence-index-drops-lowest-point-five-months/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-07-07

This story begs the question. Is there anything in Thailand to be confident about in these present times?

Yes; there are two things to be confident about.

1. There won't be an election anytime soon.

2. PM Prayut will be giving his usual self-aggrandisement speech on TV tonight.

Not for some thais, from what they tell me they feel hopeless and stressed, especially about their future.

Sometimes I feel for the lower middle-class and below working folk that have to look at and face this reality.  

I might not get around or read enough, but are there any clear, realistic signs that serious action is being taken to help the economy, to help the working class, to help thailand get on track economically?  If so they might not feel this way.  Now, it's just appears to me to be a lot of reactive denial comments to posted statistics like these... however factual they might be.

Maybe a dumber question... are people in say Vietnam, Malaysia or (pick a SEA country) experiencing the same declining confidence(s)?  

21 minutes ago, quadperfect said:

Thai should be confident that in a few years there military will have 3 submarines,4 black hawks and 10 new tanks.

And Armoured Personnel Carriers to mobilise troops for whatever need within Thailand.

What does the poor average, hard working Thai have to feel good about?? Absolutely nothing is the answer. Their wages remain stagnant, the prices for the basis commodities keep rising, their buying power is less each month and their household debt is at an alltime high. Yet somehow the Bank of Thailand expects economic growth to increase. What are those clowns smoking???

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app