Bangkok pub raided for operating after hours

webfact

Bangkok pub raided for operating after hours

By The Nation

0a7241a3fa243586167500f5f2b607bd-atwb.jp

BANGKOK: -- A pub in a Bangkok hotel was raided by police early Wednesday for operating after closing hours, despite an earlier order to suspend business.

Eighty policemen from the Crime Suppression Division and the Phayathai police staton found about 250 foreigners and Thais still drinking and dancing inside the pub at 5.40am. The pub,which has no sign, is located inside the Thongpoon Hotel on Rama VI road in Parthumwan district.

Pol Col Thongchai Yuket, commander of the CSD Subdivision 1, said officers staked out the pub after they learned that it had been catering to drinkers after the 2am closing time.

Thongchai said the pub is known among pubgoers as “Swing” and customers arrived at 4am.

He said 28 customers tested positive for drug use.

Pathumwan police commander Pol Col Popthorn Jitmum said the manager of the pub, Panupong Tanongkaew, was arrested. 

An official from Pathumwan district office said the establishment was ordered on January 4 to suspend business until further notice.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30320524

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-12

10 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

" found about 250 foreigners and Thais"

i never seen that many foreigners together in one place in Bangkok..well exception of soi 4 nana

There must be some real good swingin goin on at that place

Pretty much the only option after 4am in bkk, so it was busy. 

2 hours ago, bamukloy said:

" found about 250 foreigners and Thais"

i never seen that many foreigners together in one place in Bangkok..well exception of soi 4 nana

There must be some real good swingin goin on at that place

You don't get out much then do you.

13 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

yea most places are full of western men mixing with thai hookers. actually that is all i have ever seen in thailand.

So you make a hobby of visiting these places in order to gain evidence upon which your conclusion is based ?  What's up not prepared to pay the short time rate so you have a bee in your bonnet ?

I don't usually stay out late so for me it isn't a problem, but do ALL pubs have to close at 2 am?

I ask because not long ago I went to a party at my friend's house and passed Ratchada Soi4 at about 4 am. The road was blocked with cars and there were many police directing the traffic. I assume the pubs were closing ata bout that time.

11 minutes ago, petedk said:

I don't usually stay out late so for me it isn't a problem, but do ALL pubs have to close at 2 am?

I ask because not long ago I went to a party at my friend's house and passed Ratchada Soi4 at about 4 am. The road was blocked with cars and there were many police directing the traffic. I assume the pubs were closing ata bout that time.

Yeah the latest licensing hours in bkk is 2am. There are a few places that (pay the BiB to) stay open till 4. Previously some of these stayed open as long as they had customers - it apears the 4am closing has been enforced for the last year or so. 

Swing has always been the 'late late' option,  sometimes open till lunchtime.

the surprising thing in this report is only 28 tested pos for drugs. I'da thought more like 128 outta 150. Maybe there was a pay and go option...

Great, even more like the dull and dismal Singapore. This place is getting tedious.

Only positive I am seeing these days is the tax regime.. the lifestyle here is having the sanook quickly drained.

Any tips for jurisdictions with equally lenient tax policies that retain an element of fun gratefully received, ideally with a progressive governance. Tempted by Uruguay and Portugal though they don't have the tax aspect.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

20 hours ago, seancbk said:

it seems every poster missed my point.

If it was really 250 people probabaly more to truth was 200 Thais, 20 Foriegner and 30 isaan bargirls.

But of course its another case of the kee-mao whoring foriegner leading the show

1 minute ago, bamukloy said:

If it was really 250 people probabaly more to truth was 200 Thais, 20 Foriegner and 30 isaan bargirls.

But of course its another case of the kee-mao whoring foriegner leading the show

So what your saying is the numbers were most likely 230 Thai's and 20 Foreigners.

14 hours ago, bamukloy said:
On 7/12/2017 at 1:48 PM, seancbk said:

You proved my point.

Ever been to Swing?  Sing Sing?  Ce La Vie?

When did you last go to a club in Bangkok?    Depending on the club you'll see about 20%-40% expats.