Prayuth's White House Visit To Trump Postponed But Standing: US Embassy

snoop1130

Prayuth's White House Visit To Trump Postponed But Standing: US Embassy

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

trumpprayuth-696x597.jpg

At top, then candidate Donald Trump listens to his mobile phone at a Feb. 18, 2016, campaign stop. Photo: Associated Press. Below, then army chief Prayuth Chan-ocha uses a phone in 2013. Photo: Matichon

BANGKOK — The invitation for the prime minister to officially visit the White House originally due to take this month is still scheduled, despite its deferment a United States embassy official said Thursday.

Embassy spokesman Melissa Sweeney said in reply to an email Thursday that Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha’s visit to the US will take place once a suitable date is found and that President Donald Trump’s invitation still stands.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/07/13/prayuths-white-house-visit-trump-postponed-standing-us-embassy/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-7-13

"Don added that top officials of both foreign ministries would meet to prepare the visit although August is traditionally a month for summer vacation in the states." 

From the full story

I suspect that Trump was finally told who he was talking to, and decided that it might not be a great idea.

"Love to have you and the missus, but this holiday was booked a long time ago. Give me a call and we'll do lunch sometime"

Just now, ballpoint said:

More like he's too busy white washing his heir. 

"I'm washing my hair" is a comical term used by a bird as an excuse for not going out with a bloke a bit like Trump and P man

Like a child who has to show off about something that isn't definite yet. 

Like when I see someone I haven't met for while when out and about. They usually say the standard "we should catch up over a beer sometime". Sure. If it happens, it happens. But I ain't writing it down in my diary. 

El Supremo Prayuth Chan-o-cha must be an incredible optimist to believe he will ever get wai POTUS. The US Embassies have for sure filled Trump in on what a pompous scoundrel he is.

3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

El Supremo Prayuth Chan-o-cha must be an incredible optimist to believe he will ever get wai POTUS. The US Embassies have for sure filled Trump in on what a pompous scoundrel he is.

So they have briefed Trump on himself what about the Good General who isn't a dictator ?:smile:

Just now, Raymonddiaz said:

poor boy ! Not going to America. He told everyone that he's going to go to Usa. Oh so sad for him. He's going to lose face.

I sense a machete attack in the near future.

"“President Trump’s invitation to Prime Minister Prayuth still stands. We look forward to Prime Minister’s visit to Washington, DC, once a suitable date is chosen."

That is basically a diplomatic way of saying "don't call us, we'll call you."

All time award for ludicrous caption goes to:

"At top, then candidate Donald Trump listens to his mobile phone at a Feb. 18, 2016, campaign stop. Photo: Associated Press. Below, then army chief Prayuth Chan-ocha uses a phone in 2013. Photo: Matichon"

No the latest rumor is They are actually checking the foundations of the white house. They are afraid the ceiling might fall in when the general walks in. False leader that should not even be making that trip

Given that Trump has embraced the man who hacked the US democratic process, said he would be honoured to meet with Kim Jong Un, and danced with the providers of the 9-11 hijackers while waving a sword about, I can't see him being squeamish about shaking the hand of a two bit junta leader.