‘My Mate Nate’ Slammed For Flattening Coins On Train Tracks

webfact

If I could make $3k a week with an occasional YouTube video, I would do it. Joke's on all the grumps calling him a loser. He's living the dream at a very young age. He's in Thailand with a full wallet, a work permit, speaks the language, and is still young and outgoing. Yeah his videos are aimed at Thai teenagers so by necessity are crap. But it's a good earner. Supply and demand.

The coin thing is all about trying to keep an edge to his videos, there is no bad publicity on social media. 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Good on him. He's annoying to me, but I'm not his target audience. If I could pull in 3k USD making a couple stupid videos a week, I'd do it.

I suspect he's probably a bit more clever than most of ThaiVisa gives him credit for. He's got to know some of these stunts will land him in the news, yet he still goes for it for the free publicity. The only reason I even know about him was from some internet outrage about a clip he did with a fish in some liquid nitrogen. Since then he's gained a few clicks from me that he wouldn't have gotten otherwise. If you don't like his videos, just don't watch; all this making a fuss about it only feeds his popularity.

19 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

This knobhead at it again.

What is the mentality of the people that "follow" this idiot ?

His mentality is more in question.  If he puts Thai coins on the train tracks with images of the King or Thailand on them, he is liable to get into more trouble than even he thinks will be worth for publicity

He obviously loves all the attention he gets on his normal FB page under his actual name " Nathan Bartling " he sort of mocks the attention by adding links to Thai Visa with the various reports that it has done on him.

This kid is a total <deleted>.. I swear he does the knowing it will pi55 so many people off. If they are Thai coins then he is going to get much backlash, and it paints a terrible picture of young foreigners to the Thai people. I sincerely hope he gets into trouble due to this 

What we all seem to miss is the fact that this so called idiot is making some serious money off you tube. He has found a niche market and is cashing in on it. If, as reported he is an American, I am sure "Uncle Sam" will be looking for his cut too :whistling:

19 hours ago, Dave67 said:

"but added that obstructing rail tracks with objects is illegal and could end up derailing trains." I

Trust me  a coin cannot derail a train , 

Here they don't need coins on the track for that stunt.

"but added that obstructing rail tracks with objects is illegal and could end up derailing trains." I

Oh I don't know about that mate, back in the UK leaves often stopped British Rail!

43 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

If I could make $3k a week with an occasional YouTube video, I would do it. Joke's on all the grumps calling him a loser. He's living the dream at a very young age. He's in Thailand with a full wallet, a work permit, speaks the language, and is still young and outgoing. Yeah his videos are aimed at Thai teenagers so by necessity are crap. But it's a good earner. Supply and demand.

The coin thing is all about trying to keep an edge to his videos, there is no bad publicity on social media. 

I agree that yeah he is doing well and I know a lot about Youtube, the algorithm, SEO etc, and yeah he is doing that side of things right. However, I am angry at him because he is setting a bad example to young people, he does nothing of virtue with his huge following which he so easily could. But also he has a face that is too punchable. And on top of that he is giving a bad name to Westerners here, many Thais will watch this and think all farang are similar or the same.  

He will be lurking on here without a doubt. To scared to come forward and try to explain himself to his countrymen or other people on here. Little word in your shell like. Grow up stop trying to impress little boys and girls in Thailand. Its not working my 14 year old thinks your a knob head. Someone him and his peers look at and think falang go home.

19 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

This knobhead at it again.

What is the mentality of the people that "follow" this idiot ?

who is this dxck ??? whats he doing here ? how does he live here ?

surprised he dont get a visit and told to wind his neck in.

Is there no end to this imbecile's self indulgent, immature grandstanding?

But he has 3 million followers!!

Another 3 million bottom feeders at the shallow end of the gene pool, and confirmation, if I needed it, that a large percentage, possibly as high as 95%, of any country's population have IQ's not even reaching double figures.

1 minute ago, F4UCorsair said:

Is there no end to this imbecile's self indulgent, immature grandstanding?

But he has 3 million followers!!

Another 3 million bottom feeders at the shallow end of the gene pool, and confirmation, if I needed it, that a large percentage, possibly as high as 95%, of any country's population have IQ's not even reaching double figures.

Perspective 3 mill folowers that means 3 mill people have visited his you tube page. Maybee took a look and left never to return but there still part of the 3 million figure

Not even a Thai train? They could blame the foreigner....

11 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I hate to disagree ...

5968e435ddbd7_coin2.jpg.00c473a44e7175644c094c849b046f39.jpg

The largest gold coin weighs 1,012 kg (2,231 lb 1.24 oz), measures 80 cm (2 ft 7.49 in) in diameter, 13 cm (5.12 in) in thickness and is made from bullion with a purity of 99.99 per cent. The legal-tender coin was introduced on 9 February 2012 by the Perth Mint (Australia), with a face value of AUS$1 million (US$992,849.80; £623,930.51). The coin, called the "1 Tonne Australian Kangaroo" features a Kangaroo and was created to promote Australia's official Kangaroo Gold Bullion Coin series. (Guiness World Records).

:smile::sorry:

And of course you have a few free samples in your pocket...?

2 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

more than 3 million subscribers   obviously doing something correctly

i am intrigued that his visa status   is of any interest to any one but himself and imm

Its clear he has a work permit even immigration acknowledge that.

Mmmm what a bright young tool???  What are they feeding him?? Normal fruitcakes take Train Numbers and go "Spotting This has a damaging effect on those of us who try and keep a low profile without  pissing them off with ignorance and a utter lack of intellect! Will there be an end to extreme stupidity!! Nate please take the next Greyhund Bus out of here as you are embarassing your Family your Friends and your Country!

If this Man Child is collecting Revenue from the Channel simply revoke his Visa,and do the same for all the Ferang E Beggars leachin to stay here without 800. k to support themself with.?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

45 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Does this guy not have a father, who could talk (read: BEAT) some sense into this boy?

hmmm, he likely has tons of surrogate granfathers on tv forum that would like to do this

2 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

I am by no means a violent person but now I finally get the phrase "A face you just want to punch"

I believe the expression is.....the sort of face/head you would never tire of kicking.

However, I'm happy with somebody/anybody punching the hell out of him.

The problem with an idiot of his level of maturity is that he will see posts such as these as favoring him, taking an interest in him, rather than accepting he is a real tool.   He believes that the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.  He's just another Doi Suthep vegan type moron.