Thailand Wants More Tourists Who Act Like Australians

webfact

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's getting off topic now, most people here are foreigners/outsider to Thailand, yet they are still living an arrogant life and being racist unintentionally.

If the Australians that you have ever met are mostly drunks or sex addicts, you should consider quit doing/hanging the same things/places that they do!

As an aussie I have to be honest, too many drop kicks coming from Australia these days, they get here and act like idiots, the lay back attitude aussies had years ago of "she'll be right mate"  is long gone. Too much overseas influence with the young now, aussie get here and make total fools of themselves. Then again so do many others.

Yep.

Aussie, eats, roots and leaves.

Poms, drink and have a punch up.

Yanks, mostly don't go anywhere.

Chinese, bus on, bus off, eat.

Japanese, Snap, click or root and raise the rate by over paying.

(Thats all I can think of at the moment...)

Cheap airline-accommodation packages to Thailand, mass advertised in Oz, are the driving force attracting Aussie tourists to LOS, not Tourism Authority Thailand ads.

Unfortunately, most of these packages dump you in one location-resort venue for the holiday duration. There is little opportunity to explore "the real Thailand".

TAT need to promote coach tour type packages to get visitors out and about around the countryside of Thailand. Spending 2 weeks in Phukhet or Pattaya is hardly representative of what Thailand has to offer.

I suspect many young Australians have little idea really what Thailand offers in the way of tourism, but hey .... it's an affordable overseas short holiday.

If asked what they know about Thailand, I suspect many Aussies would say "apparently BKK has amazing traffic congestion, and those limestone islands (Phi Phi etc) look nice."

I agree with TAT philosophy of encouraging visitors from Oz. High disposable income and close proximity to LOS would look appealing to TAT.

3 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Eats shoots and leaves.

Well, that's how the grammar book show it, but misplace a comma, add a bit of Aussie slang and we have a more interesting meaning.

Is anyone going to tell our US cousins what 'roots' means in Auslang?

10 minutes ago, masuk said:

Well, that's how the grammar book show it, but misplace a comma, add a bit of Aussie slang and we have a more interesting meaning.

Is anyone going to tell our US cousins what 'roots' means in Auslang?

would really like to know that

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

give 60 day visas on arrivals ad allow the bars to stay open longer. 2 simple ways to make more money from tourists that cost nothing to do. 

Why not be like most other countries in S/E Asia...like you arrive without notice at KL, go to the immigration line, wait just a while, put your passport in the slot, your thumb on the mark, smile a bit, not to much and look at the camera "click"  and the officer stamps your passport with a 3 months tourist visa, no charge and have a good holiday.  Perhaps that's to easy???

27 minutes ago, David Walden said:

Why not be like most other countries in S/E Asia...like you arrive without notice at KL, go to the immigration line, wait just a while, put your passport in the slot, your thumb on the mark, smile a bit, not to much and look at the camera "click"  and the officer stamps your passport with a 3 months tourist visa, no charge and have a good holiday.  Perhaps that's to easy???

Yes, that would be way too easy.

27 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

would really like to know that

Man I really 'rooted' her out...

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

Please God,,, No. They get obnoxious after 10 beers which is about 3pm normally.

Let Bali have them where they can act like idiots without repercussions

As an American, I find the Aussies charming.  They're an awful lot like us with an accent and a perpetual drunkness about them.  The fact that their football is the grown up version of ours helps also.  All that I've meet have been good people.  

Much prefer them over the UK'ians because, as previously mentioned, they seem to stain inebriated rather than binge drink and become <deleted>.

3 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Eats shoots and leaves.

Come on you blokes, let's get this right- he eats, roots, shoots and leaves.

But forgot to mention for starters he drinks beer or bundy........

Just for the record, I don't spend anywhere near 'har pan' everyday, but my wife zealously maintains the average :sad: 

14 minutes ago, dave_boo said:

As an American, I find the Aussies charming.  They're an awful lot like us with an accent and a perpetual drunkness about them.  The fact that their football is the grown up version of ours helps also.  All that I've meet have been good people.  

Much prefer them over the UK'ians because, as previously mentioned, they seem to stain inebriated rather than binge drink and become <deleted>.

Nice one... ?

but just to be clear.... we don't actually have an accent... Americans have an accent, and the poms have completely forgotten how to speak the queens english.

Just now, farcanell said:

Nice one... ?

but just to be clear.... we don't actually have an accent... Americans have an accent, and the poms have completely forgotten how to speak the queens english.

I'm sorry, but y'all do have an accent.

It's a nice one and not terribly hard to understand, but the fact that it doesn't conform to either the BBC standard or the US news station standard (which they took from Midland American where I come from) means it's an accent.  Take it this way; read cot and caught out loud.  Do they sound different?  If not you have an accent fo' sure. :P

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Thailand Wants More Tourists Who Act Like Australians

These guys sure act like Australians:

Oh man was that ever hilarious?

i hope our Aussie chums do not take it the wrong way as those guys in MP took the Mickey out of us Brits much harsher than this. 

:cheesy::clap2:

5 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

The Australian tourist.. like the wombat...he eats, roots and leaves...

Arghhh...

I think you mean like the Kiwi opossum as well. 

Eats, roots, shoots and leaves

35 minutes ago, dave_boo said:

Harsh but sadly true of the younger generation. 

19 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Nice one... ?

But we still know how to bowl overarm..........

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

...eats, roots, shoots and leaves.

Get it right please!

Personally when I hear them or see them coming in the red light districts, I just side step them, absolute pains in the arse, can't hold their booze and are probably easy prey for the Thai's, even bowing after they have been ripped off hard, tossers, can say that being an Ozzie, an educated one at that 555

Edited by 4MyEgo

8 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

But we still know how to bowl overarm..........

When I was in NZ many years ago, there was this underarm bowling incident between NZ and AUS.

Robert Muldoon had a field day, and nearly started WW3.