Tens of thousands sign petition to get 'My Mate Nate' booted out of Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

should be arrested for wearing that hat back to front!

? you beat me to it... ?

All jokes aside, but a country can't really deport people just because they're idiots. 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Ah well "Happy Enough" beat me to it.

I was just about to suggest that you contact the authorities with your details so you could be summoned as an expert witness at the guy's deportation hearing.

No thank you. That would be working. Will be interesting to see how My Mate Nate's Fate from petition Hate unfolds. Certainly not Great! 

Edited by holy cow cm

9 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

well i read he put FOREIGN COINS on the rails not THAI COINS   ok. so he is not exactly that stupid. 

So far I have only seen the words from Nate's defenders that he used foreign coins, but I haven't seen any evidence of that.

And from the video I can clearly see coins that look like 10 Baht coins.

And for the ignorants who think there isn't a law against destroying the king's image on coins and notes, you will be in for a surprise if it ever happens to you.

Good grief, SRT had to did deep to find that 1921 trespass law to throw at him.  :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Now that petition to have him booted out IS worth signing.   This guy is a real winner.  He has pissed off Thais AND farang.

What sort of a visa is he on anyway?

Just now, darksidedog said:

He is a horrible parasite and I will be overjoyed to see him get arrested and thrown out of the country. I won't shed a single tear if he happens to get thrown in the local jail for a while first though. Scumbag gives foreigners a bad name.

The only video I ever watched made by him was one where he gave 10 000 Baht  each to food sellers in his area. Annoying? Yes, but most people are. Scumbag? Not convinced...

7 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

So far I have only seen the words from Nate's defenders that he used foreign coins, but I haven't seen any evidence of that.

And from the video I can clearly see coins that look like 10 Baht coins.

And for the ignorants who think there isn't a law against destroying the king's image on coins and notes, you will be in for a surprise if it ever happens to you.

i wasn't defending the guy as such, I still think he's a tool. it was pointed out to me somewhere else that he used foreign coins so thought I would share that here. But I admit I wouldn't actually know as I dislike him enough not to fill his pockets by watching his videos. I'll leave that to you

We used to flatten coins on tracks when we were kids....

thailand has much bigger problems than worrying about a benign farang...

how about not executing or abusing children when misbehaving or land deals gone bad...

Get your priorities in order thailand...

12 minutes ago, moe666 said:

He destroyed government property by flatting to coins, they still belong to the government which issued them. Nate is a idiot but does he need to be deported up to the police

So far it has been reported the coins destroyed were not Thai.

Thais sign petition to kick My Mate Nate out of the country

By Coconuts Bangkok

co.jpg

Last year My Mate Nate does an apologetic wai in a YouTube video after being criticized for mocking Thai people’s English level. Screenshot: My Mate Nate/ YouTube

BANGKOK: -- Thais netizens joined forces in an attempt to boot controversial expat YouTuber My Mate Nate out of the country. The latest petition that’s going viral asks the immigration department to cancel his visa and exile him from Thailand.

American Nate Barling’s recent YouTube video, in which he flattened coins on a train track, has drawn criticism over the hazard it may have caused to the train.

The petition, which has been signed by over 50,000 people, demanded that the Thai government kick him out of Thailand because he has “caused public annoyance and disrespected Thai people.” The petition went on to cite his previous misbehavior, adding that his YouTube channel, which he makes profit from, is “easily accessible by children” and is “setting a bad example” to the country’s youth, who staunchly defend him on internet forums.  

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thais-sign-petition-kick-mate-nate-country/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-07-17

5 hours ago, davethailand said:

Well its the first I've heard about the petition to boot him out but now I do know I shall sign straight away.

I hope the <deleted> does get booted AFTER the authorities get him.

:)

They plan to talk with him today.

This fellow must be jailed (a few months in Bangkok Hilton will teach him valuable lessons of life)

Then he must be deported and banned for at least 10 years from the kingdom...

One cannot understand Thai authorities??!!!...They harass, deny entry to decent folks, but allow this jerk to carry on his insulting pranks?...

Or perhaps this fellow has some connection with somebody's son or daughter at a top level of Thai society???...because any Tom, Dick or Harry insulting Thai society as such would have been cracked down fast....something smells rotten and corrupt here...

Defacing or destroying money is illegal.

With all Mister No Brain Nate tells us about Thailand, and he defaces money.

I think he should have to give a 5 minute apology on TV to the Thai people.

7 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

This fellow must be jailed (a few months in Bangkok Hilton will teach him valuable lessons of life)

Then he must be deported and banned for at least 10 years from the kingdom...

One cannot understand Thai authorities??!!!...They harass, deny entry to decent folks, but allow this jerk to carry on his insulting pranks?...

Or perhaps this fellow has some connection with somebody's son or daughter at a top level of Thai society???...because any Tom, Dick or Harry insulting Thai society as such would have been cracked down fast....something smells rotten and corrupt here...

Jailed? For flattening coins?

I think some people really do need to calm down.

4 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Jailed? For flattening coins?

I think some people really do need to calm down.

Ever heard of lèse majesté , my friend? Look it up, regarding amongst others, how you must respect Thai currency.

Not to mention that putting stuff on a railway track could cause an accident... Have a nice day!

Edited by observer90210

Just now, observer90210 said:

Ever heard of lèse majesté my friend? look it up, regarding amongst others, currency...take care.

Well I think it's fairly common knowledge that he didn't use Thai coins so where does lese majeste come in to it?

what most people here don't realize, is the fact that Nate has more than 3 million subscribers on YouTube....the older generations might not fully grasp the  proportions of this, but he is playing in the major league of YouTube and quite certainly banks more money than you can imagine. I don't necessarily have to agree with his choice of topics but apparently it works.

You have to consider this kind of media as if it was a tv program, some people do make up tutorials others give advice and then again other will entertain. Trying to get him to leave thailand is just very silly. Welcome to 2017

1 minute ago, zzidenn said:

what most people here don't realize, is the fact that Nate has more than 3 million subscribers on YouTube....the older generations might not fully grasp the  proportions of this, but he is playing in the major league of YouTube and quite certainly banks more money than you can imagine. I don't necessarily have to agree with his choice of topics but apparently it works.

You have to consider this kind of media as if it was a tv program, some people do make up tutorials others give advice and then again other will entertain. Trying to get him to leave thailand is just very silly. Welcome to 2017

&, I wonder just what W.P. he is equipped with in order to conduct this travail?