London police charge man in connection with acid attack

webfact

London police charge man in connection with acid attack

(Reuters) - British police said on Monday they had charged a 19-year-old man in connection with an investigation into a noxious substance attack on a man and a woman on July 4.

Mustafa Ahmed was charged with grievous bodily harm and attempting wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm, the London's Metropolitan Police said in a statement. (http://bit.ly/2u2HLjz)

The victims, a woman in her 40's and a man is his 20's, were discharged from the hospital after treatment, the statement said.

On Friday, British police arrested two teenagers after five acid attacks on moped riders in less than 90 minutes across east London, which left several people with facial burns.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick said the number of acid attacks appeared to have risen in the capital, though they remained relatively rare.

(Reporting by Abinaya Vijayaraghavan in Bengaluru)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-07-18

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick said the number of acid attacks appeared to have risen in the capital, though they remained relatively rare.

Aptly named I fear.

Once again political correctness comes into the forefront.

When I was young ( admittedly a looooong time ago ) an acid attack was hardly heard of. That,  I would call a rarity.

Five in 90 minutes can not in anyone's book be called rare........

I will not mention the probable ethnicity or religion of the perpetrators for obvious reasons.

58 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Hum, Mustafa Ahmed.  

A street criminal who likely will serve many years in prison. Currently in the UK there is a proposal to revise sentencing guidelines to include a life sentence for acid attacks.

Terrible acid attacks in the UK also by non Muslims, including some by UK Caucasians. Not so long ago a Caucasian in the UK received a ten year jail sentence for an attack against a Caucasian male which caused life changing facial injuries.

Initially I thought this was the case of the Asian brother and sister who had thrown in their faces by one of the racist nutcases a couple of weeks ago.

The moped boys are the gangs from the east end of London who grab peoples mobiles or throw acid in other moped riders faces to steal their bikes.  A rising problem and get's round the carrying of knives or gun restrictions.

On 18 July 2017 at 5:26 PM, dunroaming said:

Initially I thought this was the case of the Asian brother and sister who had thrown in their faces by one of the racist nutcases a couple of weeks ago.

The moped boys are the gangs from the east end of London who grab peoples mobiles or throw acid in other moped riders faces to steal their bikes.  A rising problem and get's round the carrying of knives or gun restrictions.

Ah ok. Police should just ignore this crime?

The moped riders bring this on themselves & deserve it. Can see moped sales in London decreasing rapidly. 

5 attacks in 90 minutes? Definitely gang related & innocent riders should have nothing to fear riding through the east end of London. 

Clearly some of these attacks are gang related, like the moped robberies. I guess the police are concerned about it on that level but also the potential for it to be used in lone wolf style. 

When a psycho was doing this in Hong Kong, it terrorised the city. There were dozens of incidents in Kowloon , mostly around Mongkok, in which easily obtained acid would be thrown from a building.