Police major general among officers probed over ‘Boss’ hit-and-run case

webfact

4 minutes ago, wirat69 said:

Read on ThaiVisa previously that he is the holder of many passports... a bit futile cancelling his Thai passport

Well at least he won't come home if he doesn't have a Thai passport ...oh hang on!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

So how many signatures do we have so far for the police major general to be fired for dereliction of duty? Last time I saw 'my mate Nate' had 30,000 signatures. What's this guy's count? Anyone know? Must be high, right?

It won't be many. As stated in another story it's only the small unimportant things that stimulate a response of outrage from the population and it also helps if the perpetrator is non Thai. 

"In accordance with the procedure, he explained that Thonglor police would have to translate the documents and have them sent to the Foreign Affairs Division of the Royal Thai Office to be approved by the national police chief and that the translated documents together with the petition for extradition would have to be sent to his office."

In accordance with common sense, I suggest the documents are sent directly to MFA for translation.  If they pay double the going rate, Thonglor police will have them back the same day.

38 minutes ago, MichaelJohn said:

Another story doing the rounds in the World press; 2 today with the monk Wirapol Sukphol.

I wonder if the powers that be appreciate the way the rest of the World looks on Thailand when they read with incredulity such things?

I can imagine Nigeria and Bangladesh sending contingents over to really learn how to run a completely politically, morally bankrupt regime.

When you have a family, in this case the Red Bull heirs and their vast fortune it is very easy to understand why this sad situation has dragged on for so long. They simply start at the top with the tea money and make damn sure that they get what they pay for. Of course there was corruption from the very beginning and you can be sure that every payoff was well documented by the Red Bull family as a means of making sure those that accepted the payoffs could be blackmailed should they have the stupidity to open their mouths or fail to do what they were payed to do. We all know very well particulary here in Thailand that money talks and b.ull <deleted>

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

WHY isn't he tried in absence as was done with Taksin??????????

I have read numerous other high profile cases where Thai's were 'tried, found guilty, and sentenced........ While they were outside Thailand (on the run).......

Could it be his money going into the 'right' pockets?????

If that, then how did they charge Taksin (in absentism)(with all his money available to pay cops and judges)????

2 hours ago, roquefort said:

Forget the petition, start a boycott of Red Bull. That'd soon get the little s••t back in the country.

On the grand scale of things its sale in Thailand is very small. And the rest of the world has zero interest in Thailand or its sordid affairs. None at all.

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

In fact, a certain amount of blame can be laid on "the people" in general for accepting, for years, corruption.

What's more, even kind of admiring it.

They very much do admire it, they think it is clever

"Police do not drag their feet in the pursuit of the extradition of Red Bull heir Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya to stand trial in the kingdom, but face a problem of translating necessary documents from Thai to English, said Metropolitan Police Bureau commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Sanit Mahathavorn on Wednesday (July 19"

==My wife and I could translate these documents in a short amount of time

FREE

3 hours ago, YetAnother said:

"Police do not drag their feet in the pursuit of the extradition of Red Bull heir Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya to stand trial in the kingdom, but face a problem of translating necessary documents from Thai to English, said Metropolitan Police Bureau commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Sanit Mahathavorn on Wednesday (July 19"

==My wife and I could translate these documents in a short amount of time

FREE

Yoo f'lang. Cannot English same same Thai!

Odds on if they ever get their hands on Boss he will be bailed and his passport will not be cancelled. It is interesting but my wife had a minor dispute over money with a trader. She was summoned to appear before a court. She was out of the country at the time and did not attend. They cancelled her passport immediately. Double standards.

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

So how many signatures do we have so far for the police major general to be fired for dereliction of duty? Last time I saw 'my mate Nate' had 30,000 signatures. What's this guy's count? Anyone know? Must be high, right?

Actually.. little Nate has surpassed 65k

but he remains accused of reckless driving resulting in death, which has a 15-year statute of limitation...

As a testament to corruption will they allow this to drag on past the 15 year statute of limitations.  It would not surprise me in the least. 

Edited by connda

If he's been spotted in the states...well either apply to the have him extradited by the relevant authorities there or get Interpol to add him to their world wide list.It isn't that hard to do is it?Oh I forgot it's Thailand isn't it!:saai:

This is some unbelievable stuff.

one would have thought that foreign affairs should be doing the translations of Thai documents vs the local cop shop.

never mind... moving speedily forwards, if they manage to translate three pages per year,  of this massive 34 page document, then the extradition process, by whatever means, can begin in 12 years or so.... ?

Oops.... statue of limitations runs out in 10 years.... oh well.

How long have they been translating the documents for?  More than a day and suddenly we will know what all these people transferred to "inactive posts" are doing.  Translating extradition documents from the next "world language " into the current one.  How inactive do you want.

Also:  To borrow from Gilbert and Sullivan. "I  am the very model of a modern major general"  And probably an exceedingly well-off one, at that.