Deceased tourists' family awarded B6mn in compensation

snoop1130

Deceased tourists' family awarded B6mn in compensation

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_2017720165741843_xmHpjTsGHNVkGGpWkwomnUKdtQWjTrtQdAFMUyTb_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- The family of two Chinese tourists who were killed in an accident on Patong Hill was awarded a total of 6 million baht in compensation yesterday. 

Lyu Fei, 36, and his 10-year-old son were both killed on July 10 when the tour bus they were travelling on flipped over in the curve at the bottom of Patong Hill (story here). At least 22 others were injured in the crash.

Nipon Bannawat, deputy managing director of Indara Insurance Public Company Limited, and Supong Weerasilpchai, chief executive officer of Moh Moh Insurance Brokers Co Ltd, were both present when the compensation was handed to the victims’ family.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Deceased-tourists-family-awarded-B6mn-compensation/66792?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-7-20

Is it just me ?.....over the last few years of the Chinese invasion - I have seen several news stories of money being paid out coz some individual/s have been killed on holiday.

But I do not recall money being paid out when a western / Indian / Arabian tourist is splattered all over the place.......I could be wrong but don't recall such stories.

For the perfect V the guy on the left could be cropped from the photo.

13 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Price of a life is so cheap in Thailand ... I suppose it's a lot better than the usual 60,000 baht blood money.

You were faster, I just thought for Thai deaths it would probably have been 60 000 not 6 000 000 .

On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 8:54 AM, lonewolf99 said:

Is it just me ?.....over the last few years of the Chinese invasion - I have seen several news stories of money being paid out coz some individual/s have been killed on holiday.

But I do not recall money being paid out when a western / Indian / Arabian tourist is splattered all over the place.......I could be wrong but don't recall such stories.

For the perfect V the guy on the left could be cropped from the photo.

Nup , you can't delete the guy on the left , he is the one with the big brown envelope.