Poet PM urges farmers to embrace the ‘right life’

webfact

Poet PM urges farmers to embrace the ‘right life’

By THE SUNDAY NATION

1682a0332c2261643f0859092bf40494.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- THE COMPLEX concept of Pracha Rath (people’s state), a tripartite cooperation between the state, private sector and the people, has once again been penned into verse by the talent of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha in an attempt to show people the right approach to lead their lives.

The latest poem, the fifth by the premier, has touched upon the principle of Pracha Rath, initiated by his government to support the grassroots economy.

Maj-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd, the government’s spokesperson, said Prayut wished to see people – particularly those in farming areas –embrace the right approaches, especially the King’s science and Pracha Rath.

He urged them to ponder the principles and embrace them in their farm practices to sustain their living as well as the nation’s stability.

“Sometimes, it’s quite boring for us to keep telling people the same stories, and via verse, the stories might get more interesting somehow,” said Sansern, urging the public and young generations to disseminate the premier’s poems. This is not the first time that Prayut has written a poem for farmers. Early this month, he wrote a piece designed to cheer up farmers with such verses as, “You are strong, tolerant, and have high integrity worth respecting.” 

The poem, “Farmers’ Soul Soothing Poem”, urged farmers to not lose their morale or leave their homes as the government has been trying to solve their problems with the Pracha Rath policy and trusted that this was the way to get them out of trouble. 

Before this, Prayut penned poems for his officials, including the Cabinet, encouraging them to remain focused and work tirelessly for the people.

The poem urged them not to give up if they encountered struggles along the way when working for the people, and to use their wisdom instead to overcome problems. 

Prayut continues to write despite the fact that he had earlier said he would “rather keep his mouth shut” after his first poems sparked a brief verbal tussle among established poets. The poets were split over the PM’s verse, and some appended new stanzas to his efforts. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30321526

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-24

Buddha wept, this clown waste billions on subs tanks and planes while country still floods and farming still in a low and education and health care no better if not actually worse .

Poem the last thing needed, what needed is a quality PM not a clown in a silk suite running errands for the super elite and pleasing his ego with poems and songs ...

I am becoming more and more convinced this man needs help. Between outbursts of anger over twerking dancers and the calmness and soothing of his poetry and song he now comes out with some rubbish about how the spirits are causing political turmoil. 

How can there be political turmoil when there is no politics in Thailand and the country is run solely by a military junta.  

I lived in Issan for a while and one thing I noticed was their love of poetry. P-Man is definitely barking up the right tree this time

Indeed, here in the "Top North" a sonnet or two is never off their lips, as they live the virtuous life in their fields...

He's a regular polymath. /not

Penning songs, codifying the Twelve Values, pontificating weekly on TV, sharing his vast wisdom, leading weekly exercises, telling the masses what do, creating harmony.

Can't see him giving up the limelight.

4 hours ago, candide said:

I cannot wait to find a translation of it! :smile:

I think I found it candide......

To all poor Farmers across this Land,

Don't sit & wait for a helping hand,

Though we are rich, and you are poor,

Don't come knocking on our door,

We are far too busy with our own schemes,

Lining our pockets by whatever means,

From Rolls Royce engines, to Trains, and Subs,

We take good care of the Old Boy's Clubs.....

4 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Nice one

Nothing wrong with trying to maintain small scale agriculture, however going sustainable as opposed to chemical based would be a worthy step. Also think perhaps it is polluting industry that may benefit more from a good talking to, and perhaps some hefty fines  to focus the attention.

39 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

That will definitely kick someone else off the top ten list in the poetry rankings. :thumbsup: :clap2: 

Poet PM urges farmers to embrace the ‘right lift'........

BULL.......... Not so different from when the 'communists' (Pol Pot) entered Cambodia and killed all the people with 'brains' and made all the farmers 'subjects' of the government who had to grow food for the 'Army troops' but couldn't keep a 'grain of rice' for their own family.........    Not so different, only a different technique being used.............
I read a book called 'First they killed my father' which was a documentary of the 'communist' invasion of Cambodia......... Google it ----- Read it...... you will see the comparison with a different scheme but same goal.........
Seems that everyone wants to take advantage of the 'Poor Farmers' trust in 'powerful' LIARS...............

50 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Poet PM urges farmers to embrace the ‘right lift'........

BULL.......... Not so different from when the 'communists' (Pol Pot) entered Cambodia and killed all the people with 'brains' and made all the farmers 'subjects' of the government who had to grow food for the 'Army troops' but couldn't keep a 'grain of rice' for their own family.........    Not so different, only a different technique being used.............
I read a book called 'First they killed my father' which was a documentary of the 'communist' invasion of Cambodia......... Google it ----- Read it...... you will see the comparison with a different scheme but same goal.........
Seems that everyone wants to take advantage of the 'Poor Farmers' trust in 'powerful' LIARS...............

Read it recently, and a good comparison sawadeeken.

I believe Angelina Jolie is making a movie about this book now

It all makes sense now.. Thailand has been taken over by Vogons. Just look at Prawit...

According to the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
"Vogon poetry is, of course, the third worst in the universe"

Maybe Thailand can now claim to be number 1 in the new hub of poetry.

4 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The story didn't end there.

The Khmer Rouge were ousted by the Vietnamese (also Communists) while the US and Australia stuck up for Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge in the UN, declaring them the rightful government of Cambodia. Pol Pot lived in Trat province under special protection from Thai special forces. The Thai army then assisted the Khmer Rouge cadres in mounting offensives from Thai soil against the Vietnamese. Thai Army officers got rich from extra-curricular activities such as teak logging, human trafficking and gem smuggling. 

no change there then!!!