income letter uk embassy bkk

28 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps in the next year the embassy may change their method of payment yet againg and require the payment in the Albanian Lek or the Bosnian Convertible Marka and require us to go to a different country to pay it in cash at the embassy there.

More likely, I strongly suspect, that they would follow the lead of the UKVAC crowd who, for some absurd reason, insist on UK visas which they issue only being paid for in USD (notwithstanding that they are priced in GBP), hence providing rich conversion pickings for the banks. We Brits can probably also look forward to our passport renewal costs only being payable in USD as part of some future "improvement" of the "With-It Tower Passport Renewal Experience".:crazy:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I think a direct question to TV members should sort this out.........

If anyone HAS paid by Thai bank card please advise.

See post #16. Or do you mean by an actual tangible plastic card instead of a virtual one? 

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Not having to go to a post office to get the money is the difference.

A bank draft could be directly deposited in their bank account.

And is it not the case that the US Embassy now insists on all such payments by US nationals being made by bank draft, with credit and debit cards of any shape, size or description no longer being acceptable?

18 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

ha..... now we being progressive.?........ an online transfer is simple, immediate and cost effective - no paper handling and a minion simply has to check their nominated bank account to cross reference the payment...... date of birth and first 4 letters of surname should work..

This is the reply I received from HMPO ref credit card payment for new passport. The criteria is that the 'card' is valid for international use. Last month I used a VISA CREDIT card to pay for a new passport. The card was issued by Bangkok Bank. The issuing bank is not the determining factor it is that the credit card (Visa/Mastercard) is accepted for international transactions.
On Jun 2, 2016, at 4:32 PM, Bangkok HMPO <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam ,

Normally Thai Credit card that can buy something via internet will can use for pay for passport but If you make sure the card's holder should contact Bank that the card can use for international transection or not.

Best wishes,
HMPO Bangkok Officer
--------
VFS GLOBAL
EST. 2001 | Partnering Governments. Providing Solutions.
The Trendy Office Building, 28 Floor, 10/200 Sukhumvit soi 13, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110  Thailand
E mail : [email protected]
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, macinc said:
This is the reply I received from HMPO ref credit card payment for new passport. The criteria is that the 'card' is valid for international use. Last month I used a VISA CREDIT card to pay for a 

But we are discussing here payments to the British Embassy in Bangkok, i.e. a local transaction for a local service, not payments to the UK Passport Office in Blighty, for whom the people at Trendy Towers just collect and transmit the paperwork.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, OJAS said:

And is it not the case that the US Embassy now insists on all such payments by US nationals being made by bank draft, with credit and debit cards of any shape, size or description no longer being acceptable?

That is only for the consular outreaches. At the embassy they will take cash or credit/debit cards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lamkyong said:

uk acc card ?or Thai based bank

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Can you tell us which countries credit card you used please? Whether UK  or Thai bank.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I think it was a UK bank since he wrote it was done in pounds. If a Thai bank it would be shown in baht.

HSBC HKK - Premier A/C .... Used Visa debit card.... As indicated in previous post, the amount deducted was £52 and no transaction fees.

As a side issue.... The Embassy charge 100Baht for EMS return of letter & documents.... The letter quite literally has just arrived and the postage was 37Baht.  I know we've got to pay from Brexit somehow .

Off to the MFA to get the letter authenticated as now required by my local immigration Office.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eff1n2ret said:

But we are discussing here payments to the British Embassy in Bangkok, i.e. a local transaction for a local service, not payments to the UK Passport Office in Blighty, for whom the people at Trendy Towers just collect and transmit the paperwork.

Yes its a local transaction in terms of geography but an international one for payment by CC. GBP52.00 total.

Credit Card  Payment will be taken in GBP (UK debit/credit card and Thai credit card are accepted) Complete the Credit Card Authorisation Form 

1 hour ago, Eff1n2ret said:

But it does at least serve to highlight the fact that those who are unable to pay for their income confirmation letters with an acceptable credit/debit card will be faced with the same problem when the time comes to renew their passports. And, unlike the Embassy, HMPO don't accept bank draft payments in lieu!

1 hour ago, rawhod said:

I paid by UK Santander Visa Debit Card in June. They debited my account 52 GBP and I received my Income Letter 3 - 4 days later. No problem...  

please catch up the op was about payment options if THAI  cards not accepted

uk cards not mentioned    thanks

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 11:42 AM, Lamkyong said:

i have today been on the website it does not indicate that Thai bank credits are not acceptable also a call to the embassy that Thai debit cards cannot be used and that bank cheque/ bankers draft would be

any advice  ??          my card is acceptable on   LAZADA/EBAY/ ALLIBABA/PAY PAL and many major stores  within Thailand  thanks

Sorry OP but I disagree with you. Here's is the 'horses mouth' information directly from the FCO website:

''Credit Card Payment will be taken in GBP (UK debit/credit card and Thai credit card are accepted) Complete the Credit Card Authorization Form''.

Only Thai Credit Cards will be accepted. You said you proffered payment with a Debit Card did you not? 

What's your issue?

8 hours ago, 007 RED said:

HSBC HKK - Premier A/C .... Used Visa debit card.... As indicated in previous post, the amount deducted was £52 and no transaction fees.

As a side issue.... The Embassy charge 100Baht for EMS return of letter & documents.... The letter quite literally has just arrived and the postage was 37Baht.  I know we've got to pay from Brexit somehow .

Off to the MFA to get the letter authenticated as now required by my local immigration Office.  

The embassy recieved my bank draft (which is all they were waiting for) on Thursday afternoon.

OTOH I am still awaiting my letter.

I have used my Nationwide debit cards since moving here 9 years ago without any problems whatsoever in hotels, bars, restaurants, Lazada etc

This not my first post

I could not login using my old account with this phone.

Edited by Andycoops

On 7/25/2017 at 1:13 PM, 007 RED said:

Addressing envelope and placing documents therein. Taking package to Post Office and registering item at the counter to ensure its safe delivery to you.

And you don't think that is worth 63 Baht?

Jeez, the things some folk find to gripe about on this forum!

On 26/07/2017 at 6:08 PM, Moonlover said:

Addressing envelope and placing documents therein. Taking package to Post Office and registering item at the counter to ensure its safe delivery to you.

And you don't think that is worth 63 Baht?

Jeez, the things some folk find to gripe about on this forum!

Actually I don't think it is worth 63 baht, unless you think my time is only worth 63 baht to do the same thing.

I have to drive 6km to the post office to send my letter to them and they charge 2,400 baht for what is basically a standard letter format. They are 1 stop on the Skytrain from the post office and they deliver and collect a whole buch of letters at the same time.

If they do 20 letters a day that is 1,260 baht x 5 days a week = 6,250 baht. Over a 50 week period that comes to 312,500 baht.

A nice little earner for the cash strapped embassy and UK government.

The post office delivers their reply to me 6 km from the office and all for 37 baht yet the embassy charges 100 baht for the same service.

On 7/28/2017 at 11:49 AM, billd766 said:

Actually I don't think it is worth 63 baht, unless you think my time is only worth 63 baht to do the same thing.

I have to drive 6km to the post office to send my letter to them and they charge 2,400 baht for what is basically a standard letter format. They are 1 stop on the Skytrain from the post office and they deliver and collect a whole buch of letters at the same time.

If they do 20 letters a day that is 1,260 baht x 5 days a week = 6,250 baht. Over a 50 week period that comes to 312,500 baht.

The post office delivers their reply to me 6 km from the office and all for 37 baht yet the embassy charges 100 baht for the same service.

The 37 Baht that you refer to is the postal charge. There is an additional charge for the EMS. The last time I sent a letter to Bangkok by EMS it cost me around 90 Baht.

So I'm afraid your calculations are completely null and void.

BTW, you no longer have to make supreme effort to drive 6km to post your letter. It can now be done by email. More time to relax huh!

Just now, Moonlover said:

The 37 Baht that you refer to is the postal charge. There is an additional charge for the EMS. The last time I sent a letter to Bangkok by EMS it cost me around 90 Baht.

It is a minimum charge of 37 baht for EMS. The heavier the envelope or package the more it costs.

Check it here. http://www.thailandpost.com/index.php?page=rate_result&country_code=TH&weight=50

On 7/28/2017 at 11:49 AM, billd766 said:

someone has to front the G/T FUND

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

BTW, you no longer have to make supreme effort to drive 6km to post your letter. It can now be done by email. More time to relax huh!

It can now be done by email. ?????since when  ??

7 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Sorry, but you are the one who has got their calculations wrong.... The first doc is a copy of the embassy envelope with my letter and docs returned to me by EMS = 37 Baht...... The second doc is a copy of my receipt for sending my docs to the embassy by EMS = 37 Baht .

IMG_20170802_0004.pdf

IMG_20170802_0007.jpg

IMG_20170802_0004.jpg

Edited by 007 RED
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

6 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

I think they introduced this 'enhancement about a month ago... The info was not on the instruction sheet when I downloaded the form last month in preparation for getting my letter.

2 minutes ago, 007 RED said:

I think they introduced this 'enhancement about a month ago... The info was not on the instruction sheet when I downloaded the form last month in preparation for getting my letter.

so please tell where the info came from as i am sure it would be or interest/convenience to many

10 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

so please tell where the info came from as i am sure it would be or interest/convenience to many

It is here. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/631665/Attachment_2.pdf

Email Address Email your application and documents to [email protected] and your letter will be posted to the address stated on your application form.

6 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

thanks for that   out of interest  is this a new addition    ??  i can quite believe my  inattentiveness  could be at fault  anyway thanks again   

I think that for most regulars its a case of printing out the form that we used last year, so this 'enhancement' is easy to overlook.

A good facility for those that live a distance away from a post office.  It will be interesting to get some feedback on how this works out.... good/bad/indifferent.