Canadian expat Muay Thai fighter found dead of suspected hanging in Patong

snoop1130

Canadian expat Muay Thai fighter found dead of suspected hanging in Patong

The Phuket News

1500892057_1-org.jpg

Police question local residents in front of the man's rented home in Patong. Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET:-- Police are investigating the death of a 27-year-old Canadian man* whose body was found in the locked bathroom of his rented house in Patong this morning (July 24).

Capt Seksan Prakobsin of the Patong Police told The Phuket News that officers were notified of the man’s death at 10:20am.

Police arrived at the home, on 50 Pi Rd on the hills at the back of Patong, to find the man’s body lying face down on the bathroom floor.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/canadian-expat-muay-thai-fighter-found-dead-of-suspected-hanging-in-patong-63172.php#bMDweC07UgOtwobg.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-7-24

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe we can learn a lot from our hosts. I hardly heard or read of any Thai traveling around half the globe to jump from balconies, step themselves in the back, hang themselves, or die suffocating with tied hands and a plastic bag over their head.

Maybe it`s the bad influences found on the Internet that is the main culprit for many people committing suicide these days.

People are being unwittingly groomed into ways of thinking or types of cultures that discretely put across a human life is not sacred and it`s acceptable and a right for people to terminate their own lives if they so wish. There are many websites dedicated to showing ways of committing suicide and probably how many that do take their lives learn the methods of how to do it.

I have a cousin in the States suffering from depression. She emailed me and said that when the actor, Robin Williams killed himself, that he gave others permission to do the same. All part of a weird culture being peddled by certain individuals and groups online, especially on the social media that can have dangerous influences on people almost like a kind of cult that is shaping people`s lives. Oh dear, my girlfriend doesn`t love me, I`ve run out of money. I know; I`ll jump off a ten story building tonight, that will solve all my problems.

We should question what sort of society is being created among people today and especially online, where boundaries should be drawn.

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

Maybe we can learn a lot from our hosts. I hardly heard or read of any Thai traveling around half the globe to jump from balconies, step themselves in the back, hang themselves, or die suffocating with tied hands and a plastic bag over their head.

That's because they're so steeped in wisdom. No other reasons are possible.

2 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

what's wrong with all these Farang suicide things? I hardly stay 1 day without a news that 1 Farang has killed himself.

Its mostly young to middle age guys who dies - seems like the most of the farang pensioners have identified the survival code in Thailand....;)

30 minutes ago, HuaKuaGuy88 said:

Article says he was found "laying FACE Down on the bathroom floor"..   Wonder how he got there, if he hanged himself... ???

Yes, how would that happen???

And a black handbag? ?

Who uses a handbag? ?

Didn't he have a belt? ?

RIP to the poor man!

The article says his house was rented, so no foul play to get hold of any purchased property...fine!

Bathroom closed? Closed from inside or outside, should it be possible to define...any windows in the bathroom large enough for a person to sneak out after locking the door from inside?

Any issues with betting or tricked matches?

Any drug or steroid abuse?...This shit can lead to serious depression...

Whatever....sad also for the family and his surviving girlfriend...

Edited by observer90210

3 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

what's wrong with all these Farang suicide things? I hardly stay 1 day without a news that 1 Farang has killed himself.

Sorry, but where does it say that he committed suicide? For once, (and I applaud them for it!) the police seem to be keeping an open mind on it:-

"Patong Police Chief Col Tassanai Orarigadech told The Phuket News today, “We have yet to establish a possible motive for his death.”

And kudos to the Phuket News for withholding his name until the next of kin have been informed.

1 hour ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Not proven he killed himself. He was found hanged.

Not so, he was found lying on the floor of the bathroom, VERY strange ! I remember around 35 years ago a U.S. sailor won a boxing ring fight against a Thai in the Marine Bar in Pattaya. He was stabbed to death minutes later. Strange to say, but it was not self inflicted !

Just remember they bring their suicide with them, their  mental illness just continued to develope after coming to Thailand the place they thought would cure their problem. Many times people think a change of location is all they need to set them right. Having a mental illness is not something anyone wants but if you have it get help qualified help

I love how the Koh Tao people leave sarcastic remarks anytime someone dies elsewhere in the country. Sure dodgyness is all around Thailand however not with such overwhelming evidence of corruption and a cover up as the Koh Tao cases!!!

RE - " “When police arrived there was a small plastic chair knocked over on the floor in the bathroom. The man’s body was lying face down on the floor with the strap of a black carry bag still around his neck,” Capt Seksan reported"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What we can understand from the information given in this article Its obviously that he has been strangled with carrying straps from a handbag, but the only information we have got that can relate it to a suicide hanging is the knocked down plastic chair which could have been placed there after he was killed....

Was the entrance door and the bathroom door locked from inside or outside?

Was there any open window in the bathroom?

Was it any trace of arrangements in the sealing that could support the hanging theory?

If it was, then we can understand why he was found at the floor as the sealing construction in thailand is normally rather weak...

If not, it was probably not a suicide...

Of course, it was suicide. Why go through such an elaborate charade with a plastic chair and what not if it wasn't? He wasn't rich or important or leaving a fortune to anyone. If there were people after him he would have been stabbed or shot in a subsoi and that would be that.

My money is on steroids. That stuff's a favorite with MMA types and seriously screws up the brain.

Some info as I have lots of mutual friends with the guy and saw him a few times. His Farang gf who found him is clearly implying what the police are saying is true and is hoping he finds peace and happyness now or something to that effect... Obviously needs investigating but does look to be a suicide at least to those who found him.

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Bathroom closed? Closed from inside or outside, should it be possible to define

It's very easy to push the lock button on the inside door knob then close the door from the outside.

I once accidentally locked myself out of empty bathroom that way...

2 hours ago, greenchair said:

Yes, how would that happen???

And a black handbag? ?

Who uses a handbag? ?

Didn't he have a belt? ?

The Thai police practice almost Victorian style investigations, when back in those days there were no forensics, no finger printing, when the only clues open to the police were obvious clues left at a crime scene, witnesses to a crime or someone tipped them off.

Similar in Thailand whereas the police simply don`t have the resources to investigate a crime scene or suspected crime scene thoroughly. So it`s really up to their own assumptions. Unless finding a dead body is obvious murder, then they`re just call it a suicide or leave the case open in the hope of making a break through or a murderer actually confesses. I have no doubts that with many of these people who died in mysteries circumstances, the true causes of death will never be discovered and the victims and families of victims will not receive real justice. Just hope that none of us ever become victims of serious crimes in Thailand or in many other third world countries.

Edited by cyberfarang

5 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

yeah!!!!

we are in great danger there

last time i was in pattaya the baht bus driver who collects us after the coach drops us off from suvarnahumbi airport insisted in knowing which hotel i was staying in

i told him to drop me off at the top of a small road , so he didnt know exactly which hotel i was staying in

he was smiling ginning acting really nice

but i didnt trust the mother <deleted>!!

why does he need to know which hotel my big suitcase will be in?

his job is to deliver me where i want and get paid and then drive off!!!!

2 minutes ago, MUSICMAN16 said:

yeah!!!!

we are in great danger there

last time i was in pattaya the baht bus driver who collects us after the coach drops us off from suvarnahumbi airport insisted in knowing which hotel i was staying in

i told him to drop me off at the top of a small road , so he didnt know exactly which hotel i was staying in

he was smiling ginning acting really nice

but i didnt trust the mother <deleted>!!

why does he need to know which hotel my big suitcase will be in?

his job is to deliver me where i want and get paid and then drive off!!!!

Sure he wanted YOUR suitcase, instead of the tens of thousands in all the other hotel rooms.

Bit paranoid?