TrueVisions and me...........

Rotweiler

Is anyone else having issues getting a deposit refund from TrueVisions?

I have been waiting since December of last year:

- Cancelled December 2016

- They refused to send out a installer to remove the equipment stating they were too busy.

- Equipment finally picked up February 2017

- Got a confirmation letter that they HAD received the equipment May 2017 and promised a refund within 30 days.

It is now 2 1/2 months - and still no refund.

Anyone else had / have this problem?

They may well try to drag on till you forget about it.

They tried with us and we've been refunded six month later, but only after my wife threatened to go complain at the office of the consumer protection board.

If you really want your money back be ready to call many times and fight for it.

how much is the deposit? its probably not worth the hassle. i dont recall getting the deposit when i cancelled true visions. infact no one ever came to pick the boxes up so i got a friend to return them after i left.  in retrospect its probably better for anyone reading this to not return the boxes till they get their deposit as long as the monthly fee is stopped. 

I canned my True some years ago, and took the decoder back to their office myself. Have to wait for deposit they said. Hah! Waited several months and nothing. I went into the office again and demanded action. They then claimed that I still had the decoder and the dish. Luckily I had the receipt for the cancellation, and simply said that I would go to the police and report them. 

Then the order of cancellation was magically found and the cheque arrived a week later. 

Lousy service and poor programmes.

In the process now

They said we will cut you of at the end of the month & then come & pick up the equipment on the 7th

Told wife to ask when they come as to when we will get it back - but I guess it will fall on deaf ears as they are only the Labourers 

Yes..another scam.

They drag out picking up the box to put you in the next month billing cycle.

Most programming is shi@ and most are cancelling.

Free Utube is better!

It took 3 months of harassing them to get my deposit back. In the last communication, I told them what I thought of their crap service, and threatened them with a lawsuit. I also told them I was not going to give up and go away. They finally refunded the deposit (without interest).

Honestly, they are the worst company I have ever dealt with in the entire world.

I just moved residence and took up True again.  On the first instance never paid a deposit and on this occasion, no deposit. Connected in both instances when they had promotions operating.  The first transaction lasted four years and never had to worry about a refund.  I just hope, that after this 5 month promotion expires, they don't slug me.  All I paid, on each occasion, was the installer's fee of 650.00 B.:wai:

We are waiting since 28 April wen  we  give our routers back. First they said , the branch did not send the documents. One monthh  later they said they did not have our bancaccount, not thru off cours. Everytimr  they prommis they will refund in 30 days.

Had any of you guys ever have True bills that didn't turn up - just got one for May / June to be paid on the 3/8 & another strange one for July to be paid on the 15/7 ( they usually give you a Mth ie; 24/7 for July is due on 24/8 )

But for me now is not to worry as i have terminated their services & I guess the deposit will pay for May/June

Same same here.

I called to cancel, was told they would call right back for bank acct info for deposit (I forgot I had paid deposit).  Took forever to pick up the box and never heard back on the deposit, but I don't feel lake wasting time chasing after it.

True shop customer service has also been universally horrible, while AIS (where we moved all mobile plans) has always been great.

Still stuck with True internet but would switch to AIS immediately if they ever installed fiber to our central BKK condo building.

True Visions is a dishonest monopoly. First they have eliminated end of October 2016 Discovery Science, EVE, DMAX, National Geographic, M Channel, BBC entertainment channels and never offered to reduce their monthly subscription fee.

They did not even publicly announced eliminating these channels.

Then on 1 January 2017 they have announced to eliminate 6 HBO channels and Cinemax and replace with substandard content such as Warner TV, Paramount, Sony, True Film, Fox Action Movies and Celectial Classic Movies. These channels play 30 years old movies/series and available free online and on free satellites. TRUE VISIONS again did not reduce their overpriced monthly fees. Instead they offered 100baht (3USD) worth of TRUE POINTS to use in their coffee, internet related business one time. How CHEAP this company is really is?

TRUE VISIONS were fined for 5 million baht for not giving 1 month notice for their subscribers and over 1300 people signed up for class action lawsuit at Fongdi website. But since then no news about this class action lawsuit. Since True Visions is a monopoly with deep pockets,they can pay off regulators, police, whoever they want and can continue with impunity to screw customers.

We have cancelled our subscription with them on March 31. I knew that is very hard to get any deposit back from them,  so did not pay March 2017 platinum fee. They cut signal by 1 April, but did not pick up their equipment.  Then TRUE VISION quickly sent us new invoices with FAKE charges for equipment and for April month subscription. We cancelled True account on 31 March!!

Then 2-3 weeks later True picked up their equipment. Don't sign the paper they give you about equipment, because in small font it says that you give up all your right to ask any money from them, but they can charge you any outstanding debt. Then a month later they sent us another bill to deduct our security deposit from their FAKE invoice and more outstanding debt. 1 month platinum is 2155-2000=is 155 balance,but True had like 3-3500 balance more. I called their customer service that they will not get a satang more and returned their invoices. Then few weeks later they sent an adjusted bill with 3200baht credit and saying I still owe 300baht.

I ignored their bills, then  2 months later, they stopped sending any more bills.

TRUE VISIONS is a DESPERATE COMPANY. Everyone we know cancelled them and don’t use any of their group companies for internet or mobile services. They are overpriced, dishonest, lying, monopoly with extremely poor service and low value.

Don't use them for internet and mobile service either. I got AIS fiber 100MB internet and IPTV with over 700channels for 9.50 pound a month.

CTH was the same!  It took 5 months to get the deposit back; I lost count of the phone calls to their Bangkok HQ.

I bought a computer table and chair from Index for 15,000 Baht.  While I was waiting for them at the checkout, I was informed that the chair wasn't in stock, but would be delivered from Bangkok in 3-5 days.  So, 20 minutes after paying, I cancelled the order.  I was told it was company policy that refunds were made after 15 days, and they wouldn't make a refund there and then.  After several emails and 2 visits to the store, the refund was made into my bank account 42 days later.

They're all the same!  They like taking money, but don't like giving it back.  Needless to say, I don't use Index anymore.

Best of luck, Rotweiler, but don't hold your breath.

21 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

CTH was the same!  It took 5 months to get the deposit back; I lost count of the phone calls to their Bangkok HQ.

I bought a computer table and chair from Index for 15,000 Baht.  While I was waiting for them at the checkout, I was informed that the chair wasn't in stock, but would be delivered from Bangkok in 3-5 days.  So, 20 minutes after paying, I cancelled the order.  I was told it was company policy that refunds were made after 15 days, and they wouldn't make a refund there and then.  After several emails and 2 visits to the store, the refund was made into my bank account 42 days later.

They're all the same!  They like taking money, but don't like giving it back.  Needless to say, I don't use Index anymore.

Best of luck, Rotweiler, but don't hold your breath.

I knew that CTH will fold and did not pay last few months of their invoices, which came already very irregularly at the end.

So my deposit with them evened out. I still have their useless equipment. Their customer service was nearly 0 the last 6 months.

CTH got what they have deserved. But True continue as they like!

Still nothing from Truevisions.  Their website lists a 'Complait Center'.  Click on it and you get to the Bill-payment page.   Hmmm..  The site does list a Vice-President Customer Service.  So on Thursday I called him.  Better said, I tried to talk to him.  The receptionist said he left the company some months ago.   I asked to speak to his replacement.  :"Sorry, no have".   Guess there is a message there.

They owe 4000B plus interest for 7 years.   I wonder if I will see it?

After contacting them several times, they told me it takes 90 days to process a refund (no explanation as to why). After 7 years of taking their crap, I was determined not to let them get away with ignoring me. On day 91, I emailed them again and said if they don't respond, the next call will be from my lawyer. I also said, "I know you think the 'old rich Farang' will get tired and just give up, but I assure you that isn't going to happen". Lo and behold, they replied with a date that they will make the bank transfer to my account. They did make the transfer on that date, and sent me an email confirmation. No interest though.

Keep on 'em!

Over 9 years I have turned in boxes 3 times for deposit refunds.

1st time around 7  years ago....took six months to get the deposit refund via check after many visits to a nearby True Center and many calls to True in regards to "where is the deposit refund?"  When turning in the boxes they gave a 45 day estimate for the refund, but as mentioned it took 6 months and without numerous followups the money would have probably never showed up....seems they always had a excuse as to the delay.

2nd time approx 5 years ago when switching from TrueVisions satellite to TrueVisions cable which required turn-in of the satellite boxes for the deposit refund and getting completely different boxes for cable.  Anyway, this time it took 3 months and 10 days to get the refund via check.   The wife and I did do a couple of followups with True regarding "where is the deposit refund" as it past the 45 days you told us it would take.

Can't tell you the results of the 3rd time yet as the boxes were turned in/picked up yesterday.  Had cancelled a few days earlier at a nearby True Center who said the refund would take a few months.  They also said someone would call to schedule box pickup which they did do....pickup was scheduled for Friday/yesterday.  Since the account was in the wife's name she got an SMS Thursday asking for a copy of her bank account passbook....guess this was so they could do an electronic refund.  Emailed that to True and got confirmation back via an email an hour later they got the email and refund would occur 30 days "after successful box pickup" which did occur yesterday.  Now, we just need to wait to see when the refund appears via electronic deposit to bank account or check via mail.  If no money after 45 days will start bugging them again.   

We are now True free (mobile, internet, and TV).   Now use DTAC for mobile and AIS Fibre for internet and TV.  Although we also have free-to-air satellite C/KU band TV  in the house which really provides all the Thai programming the wife watches, the AIS Fibre TV is primarily for Cinemax/HBO/other premium channels...plus the AIS picture clarity even on the free channels is outstanding....better than TrueVisions HD on cable or satellite and free-to-air satellite on C/KU band. 

Edited by Pib

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2017 at 7:06 PM, Pib said:

Can't tell you the results of the 3rd time yet as the boxes were turned in/picked up yesterday.  Had cancelled a few days earlier at a nearby True Center who said the refund would take a few months.  They also said someone would call to schedule box pickup which they did do....pickup was scheduled for Friday/yesterday.  Since the account was in the wife's name she got an SMS Thursday asking for a copy of her bank account passbook....guess this was so they could do an electronic refund.  Emailed that to True and got confirmation back via an email an hour later they got the email and refund would occur 30 days "after successful box pickup" which did occur yesterday.  Now, we just need to wait to see when the refund appears via electronic deposit to bank account or check via mail.  If no money after 45 days will start bugging them again.   

I can now tell you the  results:  On 11 Aug/today, box deposits refunded via direct deposit to wife's bank account.  

So, to recap, we went to True on 24 Jul to cancel, they actually didn't cancel the service until around 27 Jul, boxes picked up on 28 Jul, got a notice in the mail on 10 Aug confirming box pick and credit back to our TrueVisions cancelled account, on 11 Aug direct deposit of box deposits arrived wife's bank account.  We did not pay the last month's bill and that was deducted from the deposit refund per our request.   

So, around 18 days from going to a True center to initiate the cancellation/boxes turn-in to getting the boxes deposit refund.   If starting from the box turn-in date, deposit refund rec'd in 14 days (exactly 2 weeks).  BIG, BIG improvement over the previous two times we turned in boxes over the years as I described earlier.   Things actually went smooth like they are suppose to.  

Now have PSI

Went in to True to sought a bill & was told you only owe 1 mth (in which the women said we have to pay first ), I told my wife to tell them that wont happen & just take it from the deposite

So when the man came to collect the boxes ( which was the same day ) Non of them new that we had a second box due to it having a seperate card ( but was being billed on the same account ) 2150 bht p/mth

The women in True (the main one in Korat at the Mall ) said we would have to ring BKK to cancel the 2nd box that was on the account we just closed

What in the world is that main office for