Jomtien Immigration: Reporting returns after travel

Kaoboi Bebobp

3 hours ago, Simon1287 said:

I have been living in Pattaya for many years now on a yearly renewed “retirement visa”. 

In March I had to return to my home country due to a very sick family member.

I will be returning to Thailand in a few weeks (visa still valid) and wish to stay in a couple of hotels in Bangkok and Hua Hin before returning to Pattaya again around a week after arriving in Thailand. 

I have taken trips back home in the past and when reporting to Jomtien to do the next 90 day report no one bats an eyelid at me being out of Thailand and not rushing to immigration within 24 hours to report my return.

I never heard of having to do so until I read some of this thread.

So, if I arrive in Bangkok, spend 3 nights in a hotel there followed by a few nights in a hotel in Hua Hin, am I breaking any rules? Presumably the hotel is supposed to report me being there anyway or do they now expect me to rush straight back to Pattaya to report to immigration the next day??

Simon

Up to you.

(but I wouldn't)

12 hours ago, Simon1287 said:

So, if I arrive in Bangkok, spend 3 nights in a hotel there followed by a few nights in a hotel in Hua Hin, am I breaking any rules? Presumably the hotel is supposed to report me being there anyway or do they now expect me to rush straight back to Pattaya to report to immigration the next day??

You're not required to go directly home when you return from your travels. What the immigration wants is to know where you are at all times. If you first visit in bkk and hua hin, the hotels will do the TM30 for you. When you do return to your home in pattaya, that's when you're supposed to do the TM30 yourself.

4 hours ago, balo said:

Nothing will happen , I have never been asked . And I travel a lot,

Your turn will come.

Will you tell everyone when it does, what happened. ?

Two months ago, whilst doing a 90 day report a guy a few in front of me was refused a new 90 day report until he first went to the TM 30 desk,  as i was leaving he just come back out 

with his wife, i'm sure he was fined as he was well pissed off.

I also know a Denmark guy that was fined 4 months ago.

So it does happen.

Personalty,   i think they are doing it on a quota basis.

but thats just my OP.

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/3/2017 at 9:12 AM, TaaSaparot said:

From recent reports, it would seem they have gone from applying a daily fine to a set 2000 baht fine, if you (or the place you are staying) have not registered your place of residence

I have reported a change of address this year, but not on a TM30, just their regular form (can't remember the number) for reporting a change of address. I don't suppose that counts. What form do people use to report their return?

On 9/25/2017 at 8:33 AM, stanleycoin said:

Your turn will come.

Will you tell everyone when it does, what happened. ?

Two months ago, whilst doing a 90 day report a guy a few in front of me was refused a new 90 day report until he first went to the TM 30 desk,  as i was leaving he just come back out 

with his wife, i'm sure he was fined as he was well pissed off.

I also know a Denmark guy that was fined 4 months ago.

So it does happen.

Personalty,   i think they are doing it on a quota basis.

but thats just my OP.

Not too long ago I reported a change of address without a TM30 (on a change of address form - whatever number that is)... and have done 90-day reports 3 times at this new address. Once was on the day I reported the change of address, and twice since. No questions have been asked.

• 9 months later...

I asked immigration in case I arrive on the 1st in Bangkok, then stay in a hotel which doesn't report to immigration or I stay in a friend's house in Bangkok who can't be bothered to register me, and then I return to my place on the 10th and go to immigration on the 11th, will I be fined? Answer was that in that case you need to show proof that you stayed in a hotel or with your friend, means showing bills, bus tickets etc.

On 12/6/2017 at 3:24 AM, tropo said:

Not too long ago I reported a change of address without a TM30 (on a change of address form - whatever number that is)... and have done 90-day reports 3 times at this new address. Once was on the day I reported the change of address, and twice since. No questions have been asked.

Change of address form is the TM 28.