carlyai

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

A lot of potions mentioned so this is the one that works for me.

Had a rash next to but not on the plums. Pharmacy up here recomended Dermaheu this made little or no difference. Then a mate said " I know what will fix it "  And it did all rash now gone.  HOFRA-B cream. Rash went in one week.  I still apply it very 2 days as a preventive measure ,oh the rash was in my pits too and that has gone. Not sure how available HOPRA-B is , I got it from a pharma. in Maesai.

Contains Betamethasone (a steroid medication) and Clotrimazole (an antifungal)............

Avoid prolonged use of Betamethasone on the face, in the genital and rectal areas, and in skin creases and armpits.

You could use just clotrimazole as a precautionary measure (powder or cream) but not wise with the corticosteroid. 

For hemorrhoids Scherproct (spelling probably off) suppositories.  (Can't find the damn box just now.)  Swiss company, might have to go to a hospital to get them.  About 300b for a box of about a dozen.   Use overnight.  I've experimented with these treatments for decades, this is the most effective stuff I've come across.

For surface problems like rashes, try vinegar.  Overly simple as that may sound it can work wonders.  Plain old clear vinegar, synthetic or otherwise.  It might sting.  Try, if possible, to get some air on the afflicted areas.  Maybe do the vinegar splash after bathing, and when it's dry then put the ointments on.

For keeping things dry, like armpits and other places where the sun doesn't shine, plain old corn starch.  Maybe with a little bit of zinc oxide powder thrown in if you see the redness of prickly heat sores .

Something that has worked wonders for me is Asepso soap.  You can use it every day without it causing its own consequences (like I get from Protex). 

In my extensive experience researching and practicing alternative health, BOTH your skin rash AND the hemorrhoids problems are ultimate related to what you are putting in your mouth. Your gut bacteria are all out of whack, and the synethetic drugs they are pumping into you are only EXACERBATING that situation. Here is what I would recommend to ANYONE dealing with the problem you describe :

1. start taking a high-quality probiotic supplement daily

2. start taking one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil 2-3 times per day

3. minimize crap food and increase RAW fruits and veggies (with lots of fiber)

4. eat the grinds form your coffee as/after drinking (that right, EAT THE GRINDS). You need to find coffee whose grinds are tasty (trust me, they exist - go for the highest quality brand available). The grinds will clear out your colon on the way out.

5. increase your daily intake of water significantly

Hope this helps. Let me know if you try any of the tips, and if so, if your situation improves.

FF

You may have a pilonidal sinus. This is caused by irritation to a sweaty backside. Unfortunately the remedy is surgical. You seem to have tried everything else. A dermatologist will not suspect or recognize this and so to get a diagnosis you will need to go to a surgeon.

4 hours ago, joebrown said:

Until recently I suffered from rashes on both my feet which sweated a lot no matter what type of footwear I tried. It was that bad that the skin disintegrated and flaked off when dry. I often had open sores which attracted flies, particularly those tiny black bu##ers. I had to resort to wearing socks to deter them.

A Thai neighbour noticed my plight and asked whether I'd heard of BENOVATE cream. I hadn't, so I gave it a try. I was amazed at the steady improvement and consequent drop in discomfort. I used it for 3 weeks and thankfully my problem has disappeared (for now). BENOVATE is readily available at most pharmacies and is quite cheap at 50bht for a 5mg tube. Why not give it a try?

My problem doesn't sound as serious as yours but was still annoying.  I found that Betadine ointment worked a treat for getting rid of fungal foot issues.

30 minutes ago, Toscano said:

You may need to see a doctor , but a good remedy that you can buy at the pharmacy is " Canesten Cream ".

It will very likely sort out the rash and maybe the hemorrhoids too .

Will almost certainly help the rash as it contains clotrimazole, but not the hemorrhoids.

As Bendejo has suggested the Scheriproct cream or suppositories should help them.

Hi there carltai - you dont say how old you are but with a persistent rash in the areas you describe could be worth getting a diabetic test.  Either a fasting blood sample or a urine test (dont know which they do here as first line).  Even if you are not overweight you could still have type 2 diabetes,  I always checked for this when my patients used to complain of tinea cruris (groin rash) - it was surprising how many tested positive.  From what you say I dont think the two problems are related.  Also you at your diet re the haemorroid problem.

Good luck

4 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Do you mean Betnovate?

Betamethasone topical (betamethasone valerate is the active ingredient) is used to help relieve redness, itching, swelling, or other discomfort caused by skin conditions. Betamethasone foam is used for scalp problems. This medicine is a corticosteroid (cortisone-like medicine or steroid). Use with care. "Google" betamethasone valerate for advice!

Agree. Used sparingly, I've found betamethasone to be very effective for skin conditions.

Bear in mind such conditions may be caused by the water one is washing in. Thai engineers tend to operate on the principle more is better, so they may be using too much lime in the water system. That in turn will cause skin problems.

As far as hemorrhoids go, they are like leaks. Left untreated they only get worse. Banding is a more permanent solution.

You better test a small area because that medicated powder shriveled my nuts into raisins once. Google jock itch. I only had it once in my life and it was here. I used my athletes foot creme on my sack and went from 8 balls to cue balls in a week or so. 

5 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Have you tried an anti-bacterail cream for the rash? Hope you are well soon... 

Agreed....... but use it in conjunction with a hydrocortisone cream. The two together applied at separate times should fix it.

Just wondering if you're outside building, you might be experiencing the same as what happened to me a couple of years ago. I had some type of plant which grows wild and throws off lots of spores which leads to this insane itching, so bad you want to rip your skin off, the only remedy I got was hot shower and a scrub to remove whatever spores had attached to me. I remember after the scrub my skin felt like it was glowing, it was that bad.

Edited by sabian

8 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Have you tried an anti-bacterail cream for the rash? Hope you are well soon... 

Mupirocin is an anti bacterial cream/ointment which you can buy here easily ALTHOUGH a fungal rash is the more likely culprit. 

I have no opinion on hemorrhoids (sorry abt spelling), but from the info you provided the rash sounds like simple heat rash.

Have you tried cold water showers, no soap at all on affected areas, wear loose clothing/shorts that allow free airflow?

I'd imagine seawater bathing would help - unless you live in Pattaya-Jomtien area.

These simple treatments should show signs of improvement within 2-3 days.

On 7/29/2017 at 2:22 AM, tonray said:

I would use both for now but after a couple of weeks just stick with Snake powder. just be aware of how menthol feels in your shorts when you first use it.. harmless but some get surprised 

I used to use the prickly snake powder, in 7-11 ; till I read some articles that  seem to indicate  it's use  could be carcinogenic(sp),  YMMV 

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2016/03March/Pages/Talc-and-ovarian-cancer-what-the-most-recent-evidence-shows.aspx

Daktacort - Hydrocortisone cream. Doc in UK prescribed this and said to lay off the hemaroid cream as this can irritate the rash. Did the trick, just sometimes difficult trying to establish which is causing the irritation if not extensive.

Get a rebore for the piles and / or anal cysts, not a lifetime cure but gives a good long period of relief.

Edited by Tofer
Punctuation

38 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Daktacort - Hydrocortisone cream. Doc in UK prescribed this and said to lay off the hemaroid cream as this can irritate the rash. Did the trick, just sometimes difficult trying to establish which is causing the irritation if not extensive.

Get a rebore for the piles and / or anal cysts, not a lifetime cure but gives a good long period of relief.

Again this also contains the antifungal miconazole, and this is also effective against some bacteria 'Thus topically applied miconazole might be a therapeutic option in skin infections especially caused by gram-positive bacteria even by those strains which are resistant to
antibiotics'. 

If your piles are really serious then you should see about getting them 'fixed' if not then the Scheriproct cream mentioned earlier can be applied and helps if minor, or the suppositories used if not.

As mentioned before, a skin scrape will tell if there is a fungal infection and the appropriate cream applied (up to 3 times daily) and the piles prob a separate issue? This has to be the first step before piling on all sorts of ointments/creams. If you look online you can see pics of a typical fungal rash (jock itch, athletes foot, tinea etc) and see if they look like yours.......maybe that will help.

6 hours ago, Tofer said:

Is the rash caused by some politicians head? :whistling: Seems to be a hiding place for many :cheesy:

Thanks very much everyone, much appreciated.

The internet/phone has been out for 5 days, and just now back on.

Where can I start? My blood/sugar is 102, so that seems to rule out diabetes. I haven't had an alcoholic drink in 6 weeks, and am on a low caI diet, with plenty of greens, fish, nuts olive oil etc. It might not have fixed my conditions, but lost 5kg.

I've tried every antifungal and most creams, but am now on some nappy rash cream, and prickly heat powder.
The rash seems to clear up, then flared up again, it never goes completely. I need to recheck with a scrape from a dermatologists to rule out fungal infections as suggested.
The hemmorids did respond initially to tablets, but I think I will have to see a hemmorids doctor (no idea where I will find one in Isaan).

I will go through the remedies suggested, but stay away from the cortisol and fungal creams at the moment as I think I've used too many, and maybe for not long enough.

Thanks again for the caring answers.

I'll update when I find the combination that works.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

I just checked and the prickly heat powder I'm using is the Yoki Powder. Only been 4 days, and I have been swimming and out sweating in the yard.
I've changed my swimmers to loose pants, and wear my wife's sarongs as much as possible.
Will try the nappy rash ointment and Yoki Powder for 10 days.

52 minutes ago, carlyai said:

I just checked and the prickly heat powder I'm using is the Yoki Powder. Only been 4 days, and I have been swimming and out sweating in the yard.
I've changed my swimmers to loose pants, and wear my wife's sarongs as much as possible.
Will try the nappy rash ointment and Yoki Powder for 10 days.

Yoki powder ingredients pretty similar to Snake power with a few differences.

4 hours ago, carlyai said:

Thanks very much everyone, much appreciated.

The internet/phone has been out for 5 days, and just now back on.

Where can I start? My blood/sugar is 102, so that seems to rule out diabetes. I haven't had an alcoholic drink in 6 weeks, and am on a low caI diet, with plenty of greens, fish, nuts olive oil etc. It might not have fixed my conditions, but lost 5kg.

I've tried every antifungal and most creams, but am now on some nappy rash cream, and prickly heat powder.
The rash seems to clear up, then flared up again, it never goes completely. I need to recheck with a scrape from a dermatologists to rule out fungal infections as suggested.
The hemmorids did respond initially to tablets, but I think I will have to see a hemmorids doctor (no idea where I will find one in Isaan).

I will go through the remedies suggested, but stay away from the cortisol and fungal creams at the moment as I think I've used too many, and maybe for not long enough.

Thanks again for the caring answers.

I'll update when I find the combination that works.

"google" a*holes in Thailand, remove the politicians and the one that is left is the hemorroids Dr?  :cheesy:

• 1 month later...

Visited Pattaya and the dermatologist for a biopsy in the rash region. Results came back negative to everything, but still have the fire and red area in that region.
I notice since I have been using the sepositories for the hemmorids, that the rash and burning seem to have decreased a lot.

I have tried to trace back when this all started and I think it was when I went mad on the exercise bike for a few weeks, cycling to spinning music.

So no fungal or infection.

My dad lived in the tropics during the war, and he maintained using alcohol to rub on the crouch and feet after showering and shower a lot. I used to do it and have gone back to doing it again, then adding a bit of baby nappy rash cream.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2017 at 7:46 AM, carlyai said:

Visited Pattaya and the dermatologist for a biopsy in the rash region. Results came back negative to everything, but still have the fire and red area in that region.
I notice since I have been using the sepositories for the hemmorids, that the rash and burning seem to have decreased a lot.

I have tried to trace back when this all started and I think it was when I went mad on the exercise bike for a few weeks, cycling to spinning music.

So no fungal or infection.

My dad lived in the tropics during the war, and he maintained using alcohol to rub on the crouch and feet after showering and shower a lot. I used to do it and have gone back to doing it again, then adding a bit of baby nappy rash cream.

alcohol is very drying,  when it comes to the skin,  a photo  might help , as "rash" can vary widely  ,  I just used some Selinium 2.5%  daily for 10 minutes x 1-2 weeks,  just in case it might be fungal, which is quite likely