Swedish Man's Trashy Tale Wins Praise

webfact

Swedish Man's Trashy Tale Wins Praise

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

20562093_10155595434026202_1754179059_n-696x392.jpg  

Marcus Kingo and his daughter Susannah Kingo during their July vacation in Thailand. Photo: Marcus Kingo / Facebook

PHUKET — The internet Tuesday was singing the praises of a Swede who used his vacation time to clean up a Thai beach and encourage others to do the same.

Marcus Kingo was being held up as a model tourist for a series of images posted online in which he and his 20-year-old daughter hauled trash from Patong Beach on Phuket. The images were posted Sunday to posted Sunday along with an appeal for other visitors to chip in.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2017/08/01/swedish-mans-trashy-tale-wins-praise/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-08-01

Full marks  and credit to the Suede who used his vacation to do the dirty jobs of the Thai's...many other farangs also do the work that the Thai's neglect to do so....I guess Thai immigration will check him out to see if he had a work permit?

I would be ashamed if I was a Thai to neglect my country as such and let garbage get the upper hand on the beaches....shameful also to have tourists to clean up the place for you....

When the entire beaches of Thailand are nothing more then garbage dumps and the sea shores full of sewage or waste water, tourists and expats will flee and choose other beaches in the Carribean that offer unbeatable prices and scenery and fewer immigration hassles...

but obviously the dogma seems to be "you don't like it? then leave"...and that's what will happen ultimately....

As a Scandinavian myself I am proud of them.. The sadness in this is that it is useless kind of. The oceans are covered with about 70 to 80& Plastic already.. It will refill in a week and also according to seasons.

Anyway.. Good job to them both.

BTW.. You do not need a work permit to clean.. Not even your own house or your street....

19 minutes ago, paahlman said:

As a Scandinavian myself I am proud of them.. The sadness in this is that it is useless kind of. The oceans are covered with about 70 to 80& Plastic already.. It will refill in a week and also according to seasons.

BTW.. You do not need a work permit to clean.. Not even your own house or your street....

Hush now, you will kill my excuse for not helping in the house LOL

33 minutes ago, paahlman said:

"BTW.. You do not need a work permit to clean.." - WRONG.

You need a work permit to perform volunteer / charity work in Thailand. 

Absolutely pathetic........

Spend thousands of Euros, or whatever Currency. Fly in a sardine can for minimum 12 hours to have a dream vacation on a tropical island.......Then spend your time cleaning up the C**p left by the locals and the last tourist that came before you......The most amazing thing I find  is that the local population and government officials are not in the least bit embarrassed, or ashamed about this sort of exposure !!! .

Meanwhile, local head man Somchai is sitting back in his recliner next to his pool with his mia noi, drinking whatever, saying these Farangs really are missing a couple of Satang short of a Baht....:sick:

5 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Come to Thailand, new tourist attractions abound, everywhere has adventure holidays, gourmet holidays, spa holidays etc, but Thailand has balcony diving, murder mystery holidays (island speciality) etc and now the hub of garbage collecting holidays.

At the reception desk:

Sawadee khrap/kha - Welcome to our Beach Resort - Are you and your family interested in a free upgrade?

Yes...

Sign here please...thank you - you and your family are now a true and exclusive member of the garbage team. ... you are now required to clean the beach every morning from 5am to 8am during all your stay - Welcome...;)

Next...

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

but obviously the dogma seems to be "you don't like it? then leave"...and that's what will happen ultimately....

No no no... you silly farang... you no unner stan....

dogma is..... " you don't like it?... clean it up yourself!" :cheesy::cheesy:

but seriously, whilst mrs farc attends the occasional clean the beach boot camp mornings, down at nai harn ( which is a different matter as a resident), there's no way in hell that I would be planning on spending a holiday picking up trash... I'm more the "sit on a beach chair, under an umbrella, being served Mai tais"  kind of guy (ergo, I hardly go to nai harn anymore, as that service no longer exists ?)

54 minutes ago, nongkhaidude said:

While there is certainly a lot of trash on Thai beaches especially after storms mostly caused from uncaring Thais and Burmese it is what is under the Sand that is the most disgusting and that is Cigarette butts All from tourist !

I use to take my daughter to Kata Beach to play in the Sand and the park across the street but no more Kata Beach is just a big discussing ash tray as no one ever cleans those up.

The  park is still nice though 

Yep. Let's not just lay all the blame with the Thais. We're all responsible. Let's not kid ourselves. 

Cigarette butts and plastic. 

so what .

mr goodie too shoes probably walks around petting thai soi dogs with a fake thai smile too,

i notice these tourists everywhere with the fake smile....it makes me cringe when i see through them. 

arrest him now for no work permit !!

Edited by pumpjack

Why should Thais clean up when you have tourist happy to pay thousands of dollars

to do it for them. Exit the 7-11 and let the litter hit the ground as soon as possible.

No worries, plenty of tourists to clean up. If it's not clean blame the tourists for being

lazy. :tongue:

14 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Come to Thailand, new tourist attractions abound, everywhere has adventure holidays, gourmet holidays, spa holidays etc, but Thailand has balcony diving, murder mystery holidays (island speciality) etc and now the hub of garbage collecting holidays.

Actually quite a thought. The large groups of Chinese tourists that wander down Walking St in Pattaya could be diverted onto the beach and told to collect rubbish and then receptacles placed down at the Dusit corner for them to get rid of it. Added security that in big groups less chance of bag and necklace snatches.

Problem being that it would then get dumped back into the sea somewhere else... or end up by a roadside in Jomtiem..

Would have had more effect if he recorded the cr@p and posted it on social media for others to see

even posting it to some of the booking agents.

When numbers start to drop & the word on the net is give Thailand a miss then local municipalities might get the message.

11 hours ago, paahlman said:

I guess you meant 70-80 %. I do think that is quite wrong. In that case it would be more plastic than water in the oceans. Hopefully thinking happy thought, that you were thinking about 7-8% wihich is still heavily overdriven.

12 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Absolutely pathetic........

Spend thousands of Euros, or whatever Currency. Fly in a sardine can for minimum 12 hours to have a dream vacation on a tropical island.......Then spend your time cleaning up the C**p left by the locals and the last tourist that came before you......The most amazing thing I find  is that the local population and government officials are not in the least bit embarrassed, or ashamed about this sort of exposure !!! .

Meanwhile, local head man Somchai is sitting back in his recliner next to his pool with his mia noi, drinking whatever, saying these Farangs really are missing a couple of Satang short of a Baht....:sick:

That's the sad truth unfortunately.

A foreigner in an adjacent apartment to us spent his holiday including a daily clean up of the sea front between and underneath the 'residents' stilt houses in Koh Lanta Old Town. The locals presented a knowing smile, i.e. crazy farang. After he'd left it went back to status quo, rubbishy piled up between and under their houses. We regularly pick up rubbish infront of our property on the sea front, which has drifted down from the town / villages, including disposable nappies - certainly nothing to do with tourists.

There is also a quantity of plastic bottles and bags which could have come from the tourist boats in the bay. They should know better, except the Chinese of course.

There is a perfectly adequate refuse disposal service but the locals are to b....y lazy and lacking any common sense to realise the damage they are doing.

It really beggars believe that not only do they have no shame about letting guests come to a place that is less than clean, they rejoice when these guests - their guests - do the dirty job for them! I guess this statement sums up how delusional these people are:

Quote: “The country needs tourists like these..."

I have an idea though - I will not clean my condo for a few weeks, then invite my friends over for the weekend...

I am not a beach person. Even being from Orange County CA I cannot remember enjoying the beach. Don't even like clean sea water (if there is such a thing left)

The first week I was here some friends took me to some beach. They were offended when I commented how dirty the grey water was. Just look how they use the canals criss crossing bangkok as trash dumps. There is one that separates Esplanade mall and rot fai, (train market). It is so disgustingly filthy. But at least only industrial waste, not even brown trout can exist in it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2017 at 7:57 PM, paahlman said:

Can I check the work permit comment you made-is it true?  I saw someone post that cleaning your motorbike needs a work permit!