Out of runs?

Hi all, lurker here. I've been reading the forums for a while to try and figure out the best course for a long term stay in thailand. In the meantime my immediate situation has caught up with me and i think I'm getting close to having a problem, so it's time to ask some advice..I've been in thailand for a year now, on tourist visas, exemptions and extensions. I currently have the following:

1x30 day exempt entry coming from the uk, extended. 

1x30 day tourist visa from malaysia, extended.

1x30 day tourist visa from laos, extended. 

1x30 day tourist visa from vietnam, extended.

2x30 day exempt entry from cambodia, each extended. 

Throughout the process I've had a few alarms:

For each tourist visa i have only been given 30 days even though they are supposed to give 60 days on entry.

After coming back from my last run in cambodia i was warned, and they marked my passport with a number and a red stamp.

So my questions are the following:

what do you think my chances are of getting back in on a tourist visa, or exemption? 

where would be the best bet to do it? 

what happens/how can i get back in if they deny me?

how long do i have to stay out of the country for the history to get voided, and be clean so they will certainly let me back in?

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated and I thank you all for taking the time to read my post.

Options:

- Elite Visa (500.000 THB for 5 years)

- Retirement visa (if you are older than 50 years)
- ED Visa - Attend to a school and study Thai, etc. 2-3 times a week (Good for 1 year - up to 1,5 year)

- METV - Multible Entry Tourist visa. Can be obtained from your home country. Can be good for up to 9 month if used correctly (each entry gived 60 days, and you can easy cross land borders exept from Poi Pet - Cambodja, and Malaysia)

If you are working here, you should get a Non-B with work permit

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What country are you from? Those from some countries only get a 30 day entry.

10 hours ago, JamesFring said:

From UK, as he stated, should have been given 60 day entry on TV's.

May have dual nationality and could have used a non UK passport though.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

From UK, as he stated, should have been given 60 day entry on TV's.

He wrote this which does not mean he is from the UK.

10 hours ago, JamesFring said:

• Like 1

You can go to Bali and get another tourist visa but getting a visa there and being allowed entry at the airport are 2 very different things. You got the red stamp so you are toast w any future entries.

Either get an Ed visa or go home for 6 months. Once you get the ed visa dont go out of the country for at least a yr.

Judging by his username and written English I would say he is English,

If this is the case then ...

OP if you are only getting 30 days entry on a Tourist Visa then you are doing something wrong

Are you filling in the Arrivals card with your Tourist Visa number? If not then the Immi Officer may not have seen you have a TV and so stamped you for 30 days

The Arrivals card has to be filled in with your visa number

Edited by darrendsd

8 minutes ago, 3421abc said:

You can go to Bali and get another tourist visa but getting a visa there and being allowed entry at the airport are 2 very different things. You got the red stamp so you are toast w any future entries.

Either get an Ed visa or go home for 6 months. Once you get the ed visa dont go out of the country for at least a yr.

Without seeing the stamp, it is possible that was his warning and stamp with a number was a "2 land-border crossings limit has been reached" notification.  Not to be confused with the stamp consulates add to visas.

12 hours ago, JamesFring said:

2x30 day exempt entry from cambodia, each extended.

After coming back from my last run in cambodia i was warned, and they marked my passport with a number and a red stamp.

We need to find out why he only gets 30-days on a Tourist Visa issued by a consulate.  That could be corrected at an immigration-office, if in error - but seems to be an error occurring in multiple times/places??

In general, if none of his Tourist Visas have the "This person travels to Thailand frequently..." stamp on them, he is good to go with another Tourist Visa - provided he returns via a land-border which follows the laws on the books - not an airport where they make stuff up (180 day non-rule, 'too many visas' non-rule, etc), then use a 'real-rule' as the official reason for rejection of entry.

OP:  I'd make my next visa run to Savanakhet, if I had that history.  If you have everything on their list, you will likely get the Visa, and the bridge-crossing back has been following the real law/rules, so far.  Don't forget the 20K in cash, though - just in case they ask for it.  But first, why only 30-days entering on a Tourist Visa?  What nationality is your passport?

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What country are you from? Those from some countries only get a 30 day entry.

Those from some countries that get 30 days on a tourist visa don't get 30 days on a visa exempt entry!

5 minutes ago, geisha said:

Isn't he confusing a 30 day exempt with an SETV ???

No, because he is knowledgable enough to differentiate between visa exempts and tourist visas obtained at consulates or Embassies.

What he wants us to believe is that for some reason, instead of getting 60 days permission of stay on the tourist visas, he has been getting 30 days, for multiple times, never understood why, never questioned why, never went to Immigration to correct the error etc etc.

For many many times now.

Edited by lkv

36 minutes ago, RHerberth said:

Only a question. How long can a person stay on an Non-immigrant ED visa? 1,2,3, or more years?

18 months per-language (many learn several).  1-year per "self-defense" course (Chang Mai).  Not sure on Muay Thai, cooking, and other types of courses.

Edit - 1-year "per Visa" though - then you have to go out for another.

Edited by JackThompson